Add New New Maps For Navi-Go sy 885 (ebuyer)

Hay Rat,
Could you confirm the location of where the zip file should go ive tried moving so many times im loosing the plot..

Any help much appreciated :proud:

what zip files are we talkiing about Jay ? tomtom,speed cameras or voices ?

and Ill see if I can help u m8 :)

Ive PMd u where I got all my files m8 as I see from ur other post in Bargain room u are having troubles with postcodes is that correct ?

the links I sent u have postcodes ;)

Rat, you managed to get 7 character postcode search going? Ive got 7 character gb postal and put in zip file but stil ony allows 5 character

erm maybe Im confussed here ?
u mean like this

SS18 2GB ( made it up)

if yes then yes I can do that with tomtom on navi-go

here m8 is this what u mean ? (see attach)

yea, thats what I mean. It works fine with Mio Map and Turbo Dog.
I wonder if it depends on what version s/w you have

I have tomtom v6.201
UK maps v6.75

And supposedly great_britain.postal in the zip folder that does 7 character postcode search

At the moment, I enter 5 characters eg SS18 then have to search via street

so what ur saying is,it works ok for me but not for u ?
I could PM u all the links to the places I got my files if that would help ?

so what ur saying is,it works ok for me but not for u ?
I could PM u all the links to the places I got my files if that would help ?

yes. Im wondering whether the file I have got is actually the right one and someone messing about (I tried 2 different ones) or maybe the version of tomtom I have does not support it.

And thanks, would appreciate a pm

Pko and others, thanks for the link to Miomap. I was previously trying to install version 3.3 with text to speech on it and was getting the "Gapi for WINce" drop down menu when I tried to load it up. I couldn't get past that for some reason.

Anyway, Miomap 3.2 booted up OK although I am indoors and it won't get a fix on a satellite, or thinks I'm in Coventry for some reason.

The interface looks much more complicated to use as well. Someone kindly sent me a version of Tomtom today, which they said would work just by dropping the files to the SD card, so I will probably try that later.

Mio Map isnt too bad. It took me a while to get used to it but plenty of info and I like how the map display is. I got the uk map for 7character search on that and works a treat.
I had to try tomtom as well though. I do like tomtom as well and as I managed to get speed cameras to work on this, I am using this for the time being.

yea, thats what I mean. It works fine with Mio Map and Turbo Dog.
I wonder if it depends on what version s/w you have

I have tomtom v6.201
UK maps v6.75

And supposedly great_britain.postal in the zip folder that does 7 character postcode search

At the moment, I enter 5 characters eg SS18 then have to search via street

pksoo have you tried tomtom v6.00, that has full postcode search.
pm me if you want the link.

I got the uk map for 7character search on that and works a treat.

I forgot to mention that. I noticed it only has 5 characters in the postcode search. If you have the link for that map could you post it here? It would be muchus gracius appreciated. I might look into a fix for getting Miomaps 3.3 to run too. I will try Tomtom first though.

pks00 and franco PMs sent to u both with all links :)

I forgot to mention that. I noticed it only has 5 characters in the postcode search. If you have the link for that map could you post it here? It would be muchus gracius appreciated. I might look into a fix for getting Miomaps 3.3 to run too. I will try Tomtom first though.

This is where I got my maps from for MioMap - Here

Look for UnitedKingdom7PPC_2007.07_070726

Ok, all sorted. Thanks all.

It turns out that the version of tomtom was at fault. I used the "specified" version and although it asked me for an activation code when I initially picked UKmaps (I got round that by selecting Guam first), its all fine now and I now see an option to search by PostCode.
This was not previously there.

Much appreciated people.

good stuff pks000 :)

now for cameras and voices;)

good stuff pks000 :)

now for cameras and voices;)

yep, already got that sorted, had it going with the older version, all thanks to you as well of course - cheers bud!

lets see if it goes crazy with speed camera alerts when I drive down to Surrey on Monday (M25 camera's galore :)) - thats if tomtom tells me to use M40.
Coming back on Friday from Surrey to Midlands, it told me to use M1 not M40 which I thought was weird.
Must be shortest or quickest route option or something.

Back