Add New New Maps For Navi-Go sy 885 (ebuyer)

FATBOY

Member ++
Reaction score
first of all get a fresh 1gig or 2 gig sd card. put into the pc.

then download

http://www.cgsgaming.net/Download/navgo_sy885_unlock_pack.rar

that is the unlock pack for the device (yes the navgo name is different to the unit but it works with the navigo)

drop the 13/14 files in the unlock pack onto the SD card

then download the tomtom files

search in the usual places for TomTom NAVIGATOR 6

and drop onto the sd card

next you need maps. search in the usual places for

TomTom UK IE and WE Map v6 75

and download it and unzip and drop the file onto the SD card as well.

now put the sd card back into the navigo unit and load up.

you will see the normal start up screen. then click the NAVIGATION icon. a pocket pc style screen will load up. look down the list for SDMMC and double tap that(best to use the stylus)

then tap TOMTOM 6 final folder. and look to the right and you will see 3 folders. Guam,mobilenavigator and voices. double tap mobilenavigator and look down the list for mobilenavigator and the red hands logo. double tap and tomtom splash screen will appear and then load up.

tap map screen ,change prefs,scroll across with right hand arrow till you get to show GPS status. click on it
then configure, and change to other NMEA GPS receiver and change GPS baud rate to 4800, then click COM 1. DONE

now change maps change prefs, scroll to manage maps, change maps and you will see GUAM and UK and IE major roads. click UK and IE major roads and then thats it all done!

tip go outside for a better GPS reception! TOMTOM for £60!! bargain ;0)

Last edited:
this is not working for me

so on the sd card u should have 3 files ?

Navgo
tomtom6 final on navigo
UK and IE plus major roads of WE 1409

when I click on the navigation icon nothing happens

Im doing something stupidly wrong here ?

Ive tried all different ways with folders inside another ect and it just wont come up when I hit the navigation icon ....nothing comes up ay all

I can see files when I press the picture icon

you should have the navgo_sy885_unlock_pack. which opens up the system into WINce when you double tap the navigation icon

so on the card should be

the navigo unlock pack
tomtom6 final on navigo

cant you get into wince at all????

no nothing at all m8
I can get in all other folders on main screen just not the navigation screen ?

yes I did have 3 files

Navgo
tomtom6 final on navigo

Ive gone back to Turbodog for now

Am I the only one that cant get it working ? lol I take it I m ust be hence no one else replied

Last edited:
Rat, I don't have much time to work on getting the software going, but I'm getting there slowly. If I get there before you I'll let you know.

no worries franco :) Im just glad Im not the only one lol

tbh its not major coz I quite like Turbodog but its there to play with so Id like to get tomtom on if I can :)

right sussed it between FATBOY and myself :)

when u transfer the unlock files take them out of the folder so the 13 files are loose so to speak on the root of the SD card then add the other 3 folder over ;)

all transfered fine now :)

right sussed it between FATBOY and myself :)

when u transfer the unlock files take them out of the folder so the 13 files are loose so to speak on the root of the SD card then add the other 3 folder over ;)

all transfered fine now :)

Still get no maps found error message?

Crazy

Still get no maps found error message?

Crazy

If your still getting errors with this try putting the map file in a folder called My Documents

Im having trouble getting to show full 3d map. I just get the street and and an arrow on a blue screen ...maybe its the map file I have :Chainsaw:

If your still getting errors with this try putting the map file in a folder called My Documents

Im having trouble getting to show full 3d map. I just get the street and and an arrow on a blue screen ...maybe its the map file I have :Chainsaw:

you need to go into the options and turn safety mode off and that will fix it

I can get Tomtom to work using this method but the bit I always get stuck on is where to put the zip folder containing the postcodes as I have never got that bit to work.

Has anyone got tomtom to work with the full digit postcodes? Whenever I have tried I go to navigate to, then address and postcode is never an option?

Crazy

Last edited:
Mine is working with postcodes Crazy
od u use msn ? if so Ill send u my files m8 :)

next thing we need a tut for is adding speed cameras :)

Ill look into it,but no promise's lol

also Im wondering if voice's can be added ?

Ive done a bit of searching and it seems u should be able to just drop them in the Voice folder,not tried it though

dont look like copying to voice folder works :( I also tried coping to root of sd card and still never showed up ... hmmm back to searching lol

Adding Speed Cameras To Navi-go (For TomTom)

Ive managed to add speed cameras to the Navi-go now :) with a tiny little bit of help from thommohawk lol

get cameras from HERE and unzip
put SD card into card reader
goto UK and IE plus major roads of WE folder (not the Map v6.75 folder)
copy all the unzipped camera files in this folder
reinsert the SD card to Navi-go

now the important part

turn off the Navi-go by the switch (not standby)
this reboots the unit
go though this part again you will see the normal start up screen. then click the NAVIGATION icon. a pocket pc style screen will load up. look down the list for SDMMC and double tap that(best to use the stylus)

then tap TOMTOM 6 final folder. and look to the right and you will see 3 folders. Guam,mobilenavigator and voices. double tap mobilenavigator and look down the list for mobilenavigator and the red hands logo. double tap and tomtom splash screen will appear and then load up

then goto change preferences
Enable/disable POIs
there u should see lots of Pocketgps files
:Hit:​

Rat

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive managed to add speed cameras to the Navi-go now :) with a tiny little bit of help from thommohawk lol

Rat

lol, just a little bit ;)

looks a good straight forward tut that, should help a few out.

you need to go into the options and turn safety mode off and that will fix it

I can get Tomtom to work using this method but the bit I always get stuck on is where to put the zip folder containing the postcodes as I have never got that bit to work.

Has anyone got tomtom to work with the full digit postcodes? Whenever I have tried I go to navigate to, then address and postcode is never an option?

Crazy

Cheers will give it a go!

put the zip file on the root of the sd card or try putting in my documents folder as I have to put the map there too.

once I get the full map to show I will test where to put the file but it should be one of these two locations

Crazy, did you manage to get the post codes to work?

Anyone?

I have tried putting the zip file on the root of the sd card and in the My documents folder and it still doesn't recognise the postcodes..

the zip file I have contains two files:

Great_Britain.Postal which is 9834 Kb
Great_Britain.Postal.ver 1 Kb

Adding Voices

to add voices

find a voice u want and u will have 3 files VIF CHK and BMP
insert ur SD card into card reader and goto

tomtom6 final on navigo folder
mobilenavigator folder
voices folder
add the 3 files (VIF CHK and BMP) loose in that folder
reinsert card into unit

now I have to reboot the unit by powering off (NOT standby)

go though this part again

you will see the normal start up screen. then click the NAVIGATION icon. a pocket pc style screen will load up. look down the list for SDMMC and double tap that(best to use the stylus)

then tap TOMTOM 6 final folder. and look to the right and you will see 3 folders. Guam,mobilenavigator and voices. double tap mobilenavigator and look down the list for mobilenavigator and the red hands logo. double tap and tomtom splash screen will appear and then load up

touch screen for menu
change preferences
scroll to page 5
change voice

u should no have ur new voice

Rat :proud:

Last edited:
Back