A response to the town moves against muslim school

The reason for learning a language is to communicate, if nobody speaks the language where you are then there is no shame in not knowing that language (in fact it would be a pointless exercise to learn it unless you planned on spending a lot of time in the Western Isles).
Welsh is a more widely spoken language and so can understand the need for learning it if you planned on living there (certainly the case for North Wales, I don't know about the South).

The reason for learning a language is to communicate, if nobody speaks the language where you are then there is no shame in not knowing that language (in fact it would be a pointless exercise to learn it unless you planned on spending a lot of time in the Western Isles).
Welsh is a more widely spoken language and so can understand the need for learning it if you planned on living there (certainly the case for North Wales, I don't know about the South).

Good point Steve but I referred to the Western Isles as an example. Gaelic is widely spoken in some parts of Scotland and I think the reason it is dying out is because it's not being taught?

I assume that Manx is dying out on the Isle of Man too?

Anyway, Sorry for taking the thread off topic Darth Jax

Is it ignorant ?... or is it ignorant that the peeps do not understand the language of the country they are in ?

If these peeps say they are Welsh should they not speak...........Welsh ? :err:

welsh is a gaelic language in fact its the oldest and the only true one left m8 . anyway all i ment ws that i hate when others do it we have palastianan friends ad when they do it in my company i go off on one . i hate it . just manners thats all .

welsh is a gaelic language in fact its the oldest and the only true one left m8 . anyway all i ment ws that i hate when others do it we have palastianan friends ad when they do it in my company i go off on one . i hate it . just manners thats all .

I know where you are coming from chum, I just personally think if you are staying in any country for any period of time you should speak that countries language, all boils down to respect

Some foreign languages are more difficult than others and its not easy going from your main mother tongue to another completely different language, however that still has nothing to do with this thread at all does it though??? Why dont you try and learn their language?

Maybe if less people moaned about them opening up a SCHOOL then they would be able to speak the language???

lmao, why would it be at their expense if they have no money, and they dont seem to be moaning and complaining about them not being able to speak English, furthermore again how does that have anything at all to do about opening an Islamic school?

Its funny how any topic about any other religion, culture, community, etc always turns into immigration, languages, etc...

lmao, why would it be at their expense if they have no money, and they dont seem to be moaning and complaining about them not being able to speak English, furthermore again how does that have anything at all to do about opening an Islamic school?

Its funny how any topic about any other religion, culture, community, etc always turns into immigration, languages, etc...
nothing what so ever it would seem.

Because if I move to Spain, the Spanish government aint going to pick up the tab for teaching me Spanish are they ?

And maybe if all different religions/races did not insisted on seperate schools then there would be no problem would there ?

I would be more than happy with non religious schools, its all just crap at the end of the day !

So we can close down the Catholic school thats behind our house then??? Do you know the difference between religion, culture and language???

1, If you moved to Spain that would be ur choice you would be moving for the fun of it, the sun, etc... You wouldnt be moving because someone is trying to kill you...

2, If you moved to Spain and wanted to learn the language that would be ur choice, however when you were out with your wife, would you speak to her in English or Spanish all the time???

3, If you moved to Spain and moved to a town where most the people who greeted you and spoke to you and made an effort to get to know you where English and everywhere you went they spoke English would you still learn Spanish.

4, Still nothing to do with the original thread is it?

So we can close down the Catholic school thats behind our house then??? Do you know the difference between religion, culture and language???

1, If you moved to Spain that would be ur choice you would be moving for the fun of it, the sun, etc... You wouldnt be moving because someone is trying to kill you...

2, If you moved to Spain and wanted to learn the language that would be ur choice, however when you were out with your wife, would you speak to her in English or Spanish all the time???

3, If you moved to Spain and moved to a town where most the people who greeted you and spoke to you and made an effort to get to know you where English and everywhere you went they spoke English would you still learn Spanish.

Nope, not at all.

However, if you did want to move to spain I guess it would be very easy to speak in english. Especially if you lived near all the other ex-pats who didnt learn the langauge either lol.

Because if I move to Spain, the Spanish government aint going to pick up the tab for teaching me Spanish are they ?

And maybe if all different religions/races did not insisted on seperate schools then there would be no problem would there ?

I would be more than happy with non religious schools, its all just crap at the end of the day !

well i dont want an end to seperate schooling . sorry but i want my kids to go to a catholic school .nothing against other christian schools just this is my religon . but i wouldnt go to iran and demand one opened up

well i dont want an end to seperate schooling . sorry but i want my kids to go to a catholic school .nothing against other christian schools just this is my religon . but i wouldnt go to iran and demand one opened up

Well there is a bit of a difference there isnt there??? Can you spot it with your example?

Sorry mate, I did not realise that every Indian/Iranian etc were getting killed and that is the only reason they are here....... gee you could teach us so much :banana:

"but i wouldnt go to iran and demand one opened up"

1, Why would you go to Iran?

2, How many Catholics are in Iran to justify a School?

3, How many Muslims are in the UK?

4, Does this also mean we can close the Catholic & Christian schools in other countries such as India and elsewhere???

"but i wouldnt go to iran and demand one opened up"

1, Why would you go to Iran?

Why would you come here ?

2, How many Catholics are in Iran to justify a School?

So are we to look forward to Polish schools soon by your train of thought

3, How many Muslims are in the UK?

Whats that to do with the price of butter ?

4, Does this also mean we can close the Catholic & Christian schools in other countries such as India and elsewhere???

Fine by me

Back