A response to the town moves against muslim school

your out of luck there Herbie, the story that sparked this thread is about a welsh muslim community. Its actually quite a nice story, it illustrates how people of different backgrounds can get along to build a friendly community.

That's exactly what it is a story, I have lived in Wales for many many years

Is it ignorant ?... or is it ignorant that the peeps do not understand the language of the country they are in ?

If these peeps say they are Welsh should they not speak...........Welsh ?

Dda iawn bach ;)

When i intended to move to spain, i spent nearly 3 years learning spanish, but id always be welsh

what a crock of shite, the welsh that claim to be 'proper welsh' (??) by ancestry/linage/birth blah blah cannot even speak welsh....south wales is another part of england, the only people that speak welsh there are those that have come from parts of west wales or from north wales. there is'nt all this hoo haa about reviving the welsh language for no reason.
the welsh are not some sort of lost warrior tribe!! get a grip...I am sure those who do not fall into your definition of what is welsh don't really give a flying rats gonad and don't give 3 monkeys balls whether they think they are welsh or for that matter speak 'your' language that is dropped at high school level for french (by those very same 'real welsh' you speak of)

a lot of narrow minds on here and they seem to be dominant from the 'ancestral welsh' corner, no wonder they are the doormat for england.

a lot of narrow minds on here and they seem to be dominant from the 'ancestral welsh' corner, no wonder they are the doormat for england.

The doormat for england, well now we have an outside toilet (Wrexham)

what a crock of shite, the welsh that claim to be 'proper welsh' (??) by ancestry/linage/birth blah blah cannot even speak welsh....south wales is another part of england, the only people that speak welsh there are those that have come from parts of west wales or from north wales. there is'nt all this hoo haa about reviving the welsh language for no reason.
the welsh are not some sort of lost warrior tribe!! get a grip...I am sure those who do not fall into your definition of what is welsh don't really give a flying rats gonad and don't give 3 monkeys balls whether they think they are welsh or for that matter speak 'your' language that is dropped at high school level for french (by those very same 'real welsh' you speak of)

A tad OTT me thinks NinjaXP, not quite sure that all the Welsh "claiming" to be Welsh can't speak the language, but since you obviously know them all personally I will bow to your superior knowledge of the subject.

Its nice to be nice aint it "hug"

Im English born living in South Wales for a few years - there is no way its the doormat of England - infact the English would do well to learn a bit from there Welsh neighbours and see how a bit of national pride works??

I know plenty of people in South Wales who can speak adequate Welsh - i have even managed to learn a bit myself from the kids who are taught at school.

And beleive me if it was widely spoken and required I would make every effort to learn it fluently
!!

I've just read the article, it doesn't even mention a school so what you all talking about?

I've just read the article, it doesn't even mention a school so what you all talking about?

They original thread (which this one has basically carried on from) was about a proposal for a Muslim school, bit confusing if you had not read the original post (which was closed)

And beleive me if it was widely spoken and required I would make every effort to learn it fluently
!!

and that is exactly my point...so would the 'born and bred in wales' welsh muslims, who by some narrow opinions are not welsh.

FUBAR69 mate i never said anything about all the welsh, read my post again.....i can be nice....i am nice....i just get wound up when we cannot recognise good from bad and tarnish them all with the same brush.....I know a ancestral pakistani bloke from caerphilly, born in caerphilly who has got a DEEP valleys accent and speaks as much if not more welsh than those of his same age and 'status' that claim to be 'more welsh'.......explain that to me?

we see examples like this up and down the country.....

p.s. i am nice...:)

Back