The euro is going up in smoke - and there's no fire brigade to stop it

Erm, the US economy is more fooked than ours lol

Canada is a different issue altogether...

Pity they've only figured out part one :(

Erm, bit obtuse, sorry. The major part of the problem is Fractional Reserve Banking. It's a system predicated upon debt. That means that the foundation, in effect, IS debt. Banks lend on a fraction of what they take in deposits, currently between 30 and 40 times. So, if a bank has £1000, it can lend between £30,000 and £40,000. But that money is 'virtual' and it's secured on assets such as houses.

That's why the Spanish banks are fooked, they lent against building in Spain and secured the loans against the future value of the property that was GOING to be built. But it's NOT going to be built so they have NO assets, ergo, they're bust. Flat fooking broke. But they borrowed the money and someone wants the loan repaid.

Now, Spain has been quite sneaky, they've negotiated a credit line to the banks but that only buys them time, and not a great load.

In point of fact, most lending, Globally, is secured on assets that are depreciating (dropping) faster than a whore's drawers...

...on the other hand, allotments are increasing in value daily :)

Last edited:
Yes, I read the Mail but I balance it out by looking at the Guardian and the BBC...

Attachments

• EU.JPG
    EU.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I read the Mail but I balance it out by looking at the Guardian and the BBC...

Your concept of 'balance' is flawed ;)

I can't speak for the Grauniad but the Mail and the BBC, bless, put their own peculiar twist on things. In some cases missing the story (or the point) altogether.

Argh, nearly home time :(. I'll have to watch it in my leisure time!

Exactly what I was talking about!!!

Just much better put lol!!

YOU COULD NOT MAKE IT UP.

Spains bailout will come from countries like Italy lol...who will have to borrow the money to fund the bailout... its a nonsense... as soon as Spain take the bailout Italy will need one!!!

And just as I said there is no way that 100 billion is enough...

It will get much worse before it gets better!

UKIP - GETS MY VOTE FOR THAT SPEECH ALONE!!!!

and for what its worth!!!

he told them this nearly 2 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyq7WRr_GPg&feature=relmfu

Mick

Last edited:
Back