5402 Freezing when I connect lan?

headwest

Inactive User
Reaction score
Put phantom patch 110p on a 5402, then 3_addon_002p. I then uploaded my channel list, did a blind scan so that new/dead channels can be edited later. All good fta's clearing.

So then I connected rj45 for network and the box froze up and on the front display a simple '0' was displayed. No matter how many times I reboot router, modem and stb the problem remains. Remove lan connection, reboot and box works as expected, fine for fta, but we need lan also! Tried on a different lan connection that is working fine with a 6800 but still getting freeze ups.

I've tried numerous factory resets and reloading f/w but as soon as lan is connected box just freezes?

I'm going to return the box for an exchange tomorrow, in the meantime anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

we need ian? who is this ian?

lol. I'm not sure but I think I've seem him in Eurosat NW;)

So Ian can't help, anyone have any reasonable replies?

Damm strange stuff , the freezing with the '0' on the frond panel.

I would suggest the same as Digi.
First flash with original latest Firmware
Then
Apply Patched software
I would also recommend a Fixed IP instead of DHCP you are using now ?
Be sure the settings are ok.

Maybe clear all connection in the CCcam/newcamd menu ?

Is there a Ci-Module or a smartcam inserted ? I would start by leaving them out.

Take this step By step so you can eliminate and discover what is wrong.

PS :
I had this '0' stuff also a while ago and it came mostly from a bad type of USB stick which was not good supported by The TM receiver.
Sometimes reformatting with the TM utility can help.

Thanks for the replies guys. OK this is where I'm at. I returned the stb for another. Got it home, factory reset, put 111 and addon updates on. Then switched off and connected lan (thats LAN not ian!). Powered up and the box froze with 4 dashed on the front panel. Disconnected lan and rebooted and it fired up as normal. Connected while still powered up and thats when teh display shows just a big fat '0'.

So taking note of the comments above, I changed usb stick and started again, still no joy same result.

Can anyone direct me to original f/w as its not on the technomate d/l page or on Digidudes?

So then I tried the whole process again using 110, still same result.
So I tried again with 109, guess what, nothing!

So except from getting the original f/w and trying that I'm completely stumped? Surely the replaced stb cant have a fault on also, thats if the 1st one was faulty at all.

Additional info.

There are no lines configured in 8281.
There is no cam in the stb.
My 6800 works fine using the same lan connection, so I'm certain my web connection is ok.

I've installed 109 and 110 on different stb's before no problems.

Someone please help this is driving me nuts!!!

Cheers

did you try a fix ip setting ? (before connecting to the lan ? )
I would suggest as well to remove satellite cable & smartcard/ci-module (maybe a short circuit some sort , software problem... )
it is like i said, try to dissable everything step by step. Please do this Step by step.. otherwhise y'r swimming in a lake uncontrolled....(yep made I this expr on the spot )

did you try a fix ip setting ?

If you mean switch DHCP to off, I just tried that, then powered down connected lan, rebooted. The main menu came on, on boot up and I just managed to scroll down to IP Settings menu and it froze up again, the menu screen colour fades slightly on the tv screen when it locks up as well.

So I disconnected the sat feed and repeated above. This time I could scroll down and select IP menu, on this screen I changed DHCP back to on. At this moment the box froze up again! This time the '0' was at the 1st digit location on the front panel, before the '0' appeared on the 2nd digit location?

Couldn't be a 2nd faulty box, surely not!

I have tm5402 same thing happen to me
advise from tm was
1-turn off from rear and disconnect LAN cable
2-hold stand by button in the front panel at the same time turn on from rear and wait
3-you will see loader menu scrawl down to factory reset then press stand by button
this should fix it,
go to quit press stanby button to exit
4-do not connect LAN go to setting disconnect dhcp usage and inter box ip above 200 then exit to save
if 200 not connect use 201 or more:Clap::Clap:

Last edited:
what make of router as i am sure i have read somewhere that some people are pluging into a netgear router and is making the box freeze and lock up
i may be wrong but maybe others can verify if your not using a netgear router then this will not apply

is not router problem box ip clash
dhcp off then change 192.168.1. 200 or more

is not router problem box ip clash
dhcp off then change 192.168.1. 200 or more

he is right, i speak to technomate on a daily bassis and there is an issue with the ip clashing, so do as dr linux says and all will ber fine

Thanks for the info chaps. All sorted manually input ip settings and set ip at 204 and its connecting fine now.

For anyone else whose struggling, I 1st tried this box on an Orange Livebox router, then on a netgear and got the same result. Its now operating fine with the Netgear.

Back