tm5402 hd m2 keeps rebooting

dave_c

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys , up until last night all was fine , then noticed this morn , that my 5402 is rebooting every 3 to 4 mins , will b watching something either on scram chann or fta , then box will have blank display , then red light flashes , gets the bars goin across the display and then boots up then a few mins later happens again , sometimes will take itself 2 or 3 attempts to reboot , ie red light bars , then red light bars again , then boot up , have tried switching of using the power off button on the back , still same thing happening , sometimes wont stay on long enough to get into menu

powered off , disconnected lnb , powered on , then I powered off again reconnected lnb , powered on , box went through usual stuff , then booted up , problem still there , then i powered off and thought i would just try it with the usb drive attached , and low and behold it seems fine with the drive connected for some reason

Might be worth popping the lid off to see if there are any swollen capacitors in the power supply (assuming it's out of warranty of course). Do you have the fan disabled?

try official firmware and see if the problem still persists,regards mdt

the box is still under warranty as such , but as got the third party firmware on it so wont help as only provide support for official tech firmware , the fan is not disabled

think i will leave it as it is at min as since putting the external drive on round about midday yesterday has been working fine , will see if any problems arise in next few days

ok box has thrown a wobbly again , now I,m getting a flashing red light and a couple of the bars going across the display ,and it not even getting as far as booting , sitting watching it , it sems to go flash , with the bars going across display , then just a constant red flashing light for bout 30 secs , and then starts the flashing and a couple of bars , have tried holding in the standby button to bring up the menu , that comes on for couple of secs if lucky then box just shuts down again , and repeats the cycle as mentioned

I have sent mail to tm , but as yet had no reply , was just annoyin me so much that I decided to open it just out of curiosity , havesent mail to where I purchased it from , will see what they say

Try the following

1-Disconnect everything except power cable/HDMI cable/>> off one minute then on leave for few minutes.

2-Connect Lan cable leave it for few minutes

3-connect Lnb cable

If any above creating problem then try to fix it. Example might have box ip clash.manulay change box ip number.

Possibly Lnb cable at either end might have problem.

If non above.

Hold standby button then off on wait see loader service Manu do factory reset try again

thx manic , will give it go later and let you know how I get on , as just off to work

Is there a guide to flashing this receiver using a null modem cable? I have never tried before and just need to know which files and software are needed.
(My friend has bricked their 5402HD)

Turn the TM 5402 'Off' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... then press and hold down the 'Menu' button on the front of the receiver as you switch the TM 5402 back 'On' using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... you will then see the 'Loader Menu' on screen... try the 'Factory Reset' option on the list and see what happens... also try the 'USB Download' option...

Switch the TM 5402 HD OFF using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... insert the USB Flash Drive into the receiver as normal... then press and hold down the POWER BUTTON on the front of the receiver as you switch the TM 5402 HD back ON using the power switch on the rear of the receiver... continue to press and hold down the POWER BUTTON until you see the BOOT LOADER MENU on the TV screen... then release the POWER BUTTON... you will see two options for loading firmware/files... however the BOOT LOADER program usually scans the USB Flash Drive and downloads the latest/most recent firmware automatically...

Make sure you have only tm fw on usb.

Maybe try original TM fw

Thanks to Zorch

managed to get into the menu via holding standby button in , while switching on from rear of machine , loaded orig tm firmware , machine rebooted , stayed on for bout 10 mins before goin back into loop of red light and bars , thought I would try a fac reset as last resort so switched off at back , held in standby button , and switched back on , only getting red light flashing now , so I guess the power supply has finally given in

have just tested d5 diode on multi meter whichever way I put the probes , I get a reading of .000 , so I think that may be the cause of the problem

Is there a guide to flashing this receiver using a null modem cable? I have never tried before and just need to know which files and software are needed.
(My friend has bricked their 5402HD)

i just used the darkman loader from the TM 1000 series days and it worked just the same on a m1,regards mdt

got a power supply from tm , switched on was working put in the patch , and the add on all seemed ok , then went to enter cline , and receiver started rebooting again , switched off held in power button on front of reciver to factory reset , done that ok , now just trying to put firmware on via the null modem gets to about 12% and reboots and starts again

update : have done factory reset via serial lead , also put firmware back on , box then booted , now having trouble scanning 28e gets so far then box shuts off and original prob , leave it to its own devices after a while will reboot , then when try to do scan shuts off

other tm5402 hd m2 works fine on the feed im using , so I don't think it can be a cable / lnb issue

Last edited:
got a power supply from tm , switched on was working put in the patch , and the add on all seemed ok , then went to enter cline , and receiver started rebooting again , switched off held in power button on front of reciver to factory reset , done that ok , now just trying to put firmware on via the null modem gets to about 12% and reboots and starts again

update : have done factory reset via serial lead , also put firmware back on , box then booted , now having trouble scanning 28e gets so far then box shuts off and original prob , leave it to its own devices after a while will reboot , then when try to do scan shuts off

other tm5402 hd m2 works fine on the feed im using , so I don't think it can be a cable / lnb issue

tried to put patch on box , got to 30% then went off , been trying to put on with tm loader through cable gets so far then goes off , also same issue when powering off box and holding power button finds patch automatically and sometimes gets as far as 35% other times only 2%

Back