Cant find box on network, only FTA!

Barking

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
Have a DM800HDse clone (Sunray). Froze today, turned it off at the back and back on again. Since then I only get the fta channels and cannot find the box on the network.
Neither DCC, Dreamboxedit nor my laptop are able to find it either through my wireless network or connected via ethernet direct to box. When I go to setup/system/network/network test and run the test I get LAN Adapter, local network and DHCP all with ticks but IP Address and Nameserver both come up as unconfirmed. The Adapter settings are set up to use DHCP. Even tried turning off box and on again holding down button on front to see if an IP address showed up but only DHCP showed.

Can anyone please assist!

Barking

did you try rebooting your router also and recheck dodgy lan cable?

Thanks for response. Have tried another Lan Cable but stupidly not rebooted the router. Will reboot it now.

Rebooted router.
Everything still the same

Last edited:
Yeah, have tried that with no success.

Only saving grace is that the Champions League final is on FTA.

Thanks for the suggestion!

have you tried login into router if can you see box ip

Thanks for replying Bobby,

Not showing on the router either. Which is picking up everything else ok.

Any other/further suggestion greatly welcomed from any direction!

Barking

Well a refash will sort it I add the same thing with my solo 2 that's why I said try a factory reset

Try a factory reset your box

Ok Bobby went for a Factory reset.
Network test still shows IP Address and Nameserver both comming up as unconfirmed.
Box doesn't show on my router.

Just to recap then I only have FTA channels and cant find the box on the network.

Don't know what to do now! Help!

Forgot to mention that during the factory setup wizard it couldn't find an internet connection.

Barking

Last edited:
try box elsewhere as its box or where its plugged into,are you hard wired or using a faulty homeplug?

Using a homeplug. Already swapped it with another.

Dont think its my network, but the box that is the problem. It just shows the word stop and the letters DHCP whenever I switch it off then on holding the front button. Whereas it should show me the IP address with the word stop.

Does this even if I have it plugged into a different homeplug and a different socket. Will try it plugged directly into the router tomorrow.

Thanks for reply.

i take it there is no green yellow flashing light on the lan port on box,could the box be a clone as it could be a port issue and you plugged something else in there to check if your lan cable works like laptop.

Success!!!!!!!

Connected box directly to router this morning, logged into router and there it was visible on my network. So did another physical check of my cables, homeplugs etc, and found that the homeplug at the router was not working.
Hadn't checked this previously as my lad assured me that his ps3 had internet access which meant this homeplug was working.
Should have known better and checked it myself!

So his ps3 homeplug is now used at the router until I take delivery of replacement.

Thanks very much to all who assisted and those that thought about my issue but didn't have anything to post!

Barking

once you had no ip it had to be related well done viewing again.

Back