tm5402 hd m2 keeps rebooting

gave them a ring this morn , told me to , switch off box switch on holding power button , go to option 2 in loader menu and browse my usb for the firmware and install that and should cure it , done that left the box on standby and after 15 mins it just started doin the same again , looks like have to get in touch again

So did you ever get it going ok Dave? You never reported back mate!

So did you ever get it going ok Dave? You never reported back mate!

spoke to one of the tech guys at tm on thurs , told me to try a couple of things , tried them still had same result , so he told me to send box back to them , sent it to them on fri , they received it yesterday , am awaiting its arrival sometime today

Well I found Matt at TM to be amazingly helpful when I had issues with my TM5402HD M2 - since then I've bought an M3 - which is great so far!!

got box back , with new power supply and main board , after plugging in had nothing on the front display , connected hdmi lead and it was scanning astra but was in foreign language , also remote would not work , phoned technomate tech guy who told me to hold switch in at back and get loader menu up , nothing happened just booted up to the scanning astra on motorized setup and no signal found , after a couple more calls , was told that the connector cable to display could have came loose so had to open box up and check , noticed that the display cable wasn't connected , neither was the card reader connector , so connected them both up , went to the loader menu , did a factory reset , and then could use the remote to change to English , then could get into installation menu to set sat I wanted and scanned and all working fine now

Glad you are sorted.
TM may be a few things but their customer service is bang on.

OK, their c/s might seem good, but that sounds like one appalling repair, to the point of being negligent. Forgetting to plug in the front panel ffs? What if it had been something safety related? OK, got sorted in the end, but I would never dream of asking a customer to take the top off to finish off a job.

Back