500s EPG

As of 20th Sept @ 09:57, Radiotimes EPG is up-and-running! Just press yellow, select Radiotimes UK, then press yellow to retrieve ;)

@wiz569: rep added mate. great post ;)

I cant remember exactly which one I'm using m8,
its an OpenPli image from about July not sure if its maxvar or not,
have you tried to mount a folder on your pc just to check if that works?

I do have a mounted folder and yes it works fine but I keep my epg in the tmp folder and only mount the folder if I need to do something else.

yeah mate i tried to mount a folder on the pc but it still fails to show. Iv reflashed the box but it still fails. i downloaded the file off the pli website its called

PLi® Jade3 MaxVar - for the Dreambox DM500

it was released about June time. Now that the epg is back up and running ill try different versions of pli and see what happens

is radiotimes down, using xmltvgui get 0 programs, using jade etc no update, help please.

is it not possible to use another source for the epg on these boxes?? Is their one not called satmate ??

is it not possible to use another source for the epg on these boxes?? Is their one not called satmate ??

that would be good as R times seems to be very unreliable at the mo,
anyone use a different source?

As of 10am on the 26th Sept, RTimes is up-and-running ;)

anyone having any difficulty downloading the data from r times??
16.30 on 7/10/10 site is up but box is doing nowt
same problem last night

is it possible to do this with any other image like the new neutrino commando image, can you get the sqlite plugin for any image,thanks

As of 20th Sept @ 09:57, Radiotimes EPG is up-and-running! Just press yellow, select Radiotimes UK, then press yellow to retrieve ;)

@wiz569: rep added mate. great post ;)

is it that easy no need to add channels one by one so to get epg retrivel ?

Thanks

is it that easy no need to add channels one by one so to get epg retrivel ?

Thanks
no thats once youve done all the mapping and setting it up, pressing yellow and selecting radiotimes is just for retrieiving info!

does this work on the commando image?

my epg seems very flakey, some channels show but most don't until i've selected the channel

rytec epg has been running server maintenance for past 3 days, ALL channels are back working fine now on MY test box using last version NeuXmlEPG v1.5 in commando image.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, i have done that,

couple of more noobish questions...
the epg takes around 15 minutes to load and knocks off my cccam , is this normal?

does this mean the cccam will have to be manually reset every morning or is there an easier way?

also on the epg, most sections have full epg, but entertainment bouquet doesnt? can i fix this?

thanx for your time... :)

thanks, i have done that,

couple of more noobish questions...
the epg takes around 15 minutes to load and knocks off my cccam , is this normal?

does this mean the cccam will have to be manually reset every morning or is there an easier way?

also on the epg, most sections have full epg, but entertainment bouquet doesnt? can i fix this?

thanx for your time... :)

aye mate iv had to manually restart cccam a few times after the epg is updated but find its usually when im trying to channel hop while epg is downloading, seems ok if i leave the box alone till its done
the epg for terrestial ie. bbcs, all itv, ch4, 5 and all the rest that you can recieve with freesat will update after you switch to the channels

aye mate iv had to manually restart cccam a few times after the epg is updated but find its usually when im trying to channel hop while epg is downloading, seems ok if i leave the box alone till its done
the epg for terrestial ie. bbcs, all itv, ch4, 5 and all the rest that you can recieve with freesat will update after you switch to the channels

you have seen the missus, don't think she could start the cccam heself lol

ah right, so the fta channel epgs will just sort themselves out?

i know shes not good with a kettle lol so best of luck trying to show her how to restart the cam, show the wee man he'll prob be better :proud:

ok lads im looking a this thread at mo to c if i can make my epg better ive change epg to sqlite and then gone to sglite epg location there is no temp do i hav to go in dcc and create one in the dreambox and do u need a cross in any of the box's in there ? enable mhw epg - enable dish/bev eepg-limit enigma epg size cheers tony

Last edited:
ok lads ive done quite a fue and will finish it off tomorrow i hope what can you do if you have mapped one wrong is there any way to change it ?

Back