500s EPG

Thought the rar thing would be a bit simple for most people on here haha was clutching at straws

Yer just use the /tmp on the the box, it does say there isn't enough space but it still works, only thing is if you restart your box the EPG data will be deleted and will have to be retrieved again by doing step 6.

wicked!! so i dont really need to mount a drive to it then?? also have u noticed that the box slows down when using menu's?? mine is all slugish is this normal?

I havent noticed any impact on the menu speed on mine ??

What image are you using ??

its off the pli website mate its called:

pli-Jade-dm500-20090627-649

I did have the darkman 2 image on it but i changed to pli this morning. What do you have on yours mate?

I'm using the same one but MaxVar version, i'll test it when I get home from work but never noticed any issues last night when I set it up.

ill try it now as well, while your here, these bouquets that are in sat order.

if i press 101 on dreambox it goes to film 24, is their anyway i can make it go to bbc 1 ? i know that the bouquests have the correct channel numbers next to the channel name but when i press the channel numbers they are not matching

I noticed that myself last night to be honest i'm pretty sure its something simple in but havent had a chance to check

Try this

By default DreamBoxEdit does not support multiple channels of the same transponder ID, and this is required for B16MCC. if you want to edit them or simply just send them to DE via this program you will need the to first enable the feature to allow multiple same transponder id's in Bouquets. this how you do that.
1. open DreamBoxEdit
2. Tools --> Options
3. go to the "Advanced" tab
4. Enable the first option "Allow Duplicate entries in (user) bouquets"
5. reopen the ORIGINAL copy of B16MCC, as your copy will have stripped out the duplicates.
6. FTP it to your DE

hi mate cheers for reply, i tired this but it does not work, the numbers still do not match.

How goes,
worked out how to map channels to next list
however!

whenever i try top retrieve box just seems to jam up and i need to reboot :( anyone else have that problem??

Cheers

I have had this epg working on and off but the radio times sever is very unreliable. Is there any way we can use one of the more stable severs.

I have had this epg working on and off but the radio times sever is very unreliable. Is there any way we can use one of the more stable severs.

You could always set up a mount and retrieve 7 days epg,
at least that will give you more time to get the next lot ;)

talking about mount lol! Iv got the new maxver version of the pli image as the other version slowed down my box when i had epg on.

With the old pli image it mounted staight away my NAS drive

with the new maxver pli image it wont mount! tried every setting!! even tried to mount a folder, but still didnt work!

Is that the OpenPli or just regular Pli image?

did you try mount it from the web interface and also install the samba plugins?

samba plugin! that must be what im missing, its off the pli website i think its normal pli.
yeah i tired web interface as well and normal

samba plugin! that must be what im missing, its off the pli website i think its normal pli.
yeah i tired web interface as well and normal

Try the blue button plugins m8 for the samba plugins,
there should be two there a client one and a server one,
I presume its the client one you need :)

Try the blue button plugins m8 for the samba plugins,
there should be two there a client one and a server one,
I presume its the client one you need :)

hi mate

iv tired this it has still failed

The other pli image worked perfect but epg slowed the box down. EPG seems fine on this image, i just cant mount a drive!!! Have you got this image mate?? and does your mount perfect?? Im just wondering if iv got the wrong image. Could you let me know which image you have got and ill try that version

hi mate

iv tired this it has still failed

The other pli image worked perfect but epg slowed the box down. EPG seems fine on this image, i just cant mount a drive!!! Have you got this image mate?? and does your mount perfect?? Im just wondering if iv got the wrong image. Could you let me know which image you have got and ill try that version

I cant remember exactly which one I'm using m8,
its an OpenPli image from about July not sure if its maxvar or not,
have you tried to mount a folder on your pc just to check if that works?

I do have a mounted folder and yes it works fine but I keep my epg in the tmp folder and only mount the folder if I need to do something else.

Back