500s EPG

thats what used to happen to me, i could never get the epg work on tmp folder, would like to know if it does work

just been trying to map a few myself to test, im going into plugins (yellow) then dreambox epg config, change the package to radiotimes, mapped a few channels, retrieving them ok, save it, but when i go back into epg config, its restored the package back to CD/TVV.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE?

No thats right I think it will always default to the one thats top of the list, its just the settings page so you can set it up to download from different places for different sats, think you can remove the others in the list from somewhere if you only need it for a certain provider.

just been trying to map a few myself to test, im going into plugins (yellow) then dreambox epg config, change the package to radiotimes, mapped a few channels, retrieving them ok, save it, but when i go back into epg config, its restored the package back to CD/TVV.

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE?

No thats fine m8 as pwillo1982 says,
its just a list of different providers depending on what satellites you want to view.

Radiotimes source is still down though :(

There is an option to download the rytec source epg from in there,its near the end of that list,but I could never get it to work but it very seldom goes offline.

just ftp in and go to var/tuxbox/config/dbepg and delete the cfg and dat files of the providers you don't want

thebigman

No thats fine m8 as pwillo1982 says,
its just a list of different providers depending on what satellites you want to view.

Radiotimes source is still down though :(

There is an option to download the rytec source epg from in there,its near the end of that list,but I could never get it to work but it very seldom goes offline.

I tried this last night, it did download some things but the some of the timings were wrong and there was a lot of empty spaces in between programs etc

Radio times is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but when it does work it works well.

thebigman

Great post!
EPG has been driving me nuts recently!
cant get it to retrieve yet
when mapping channs do i click on unknown or ignore cos i tried both?

cheers

by the way how can i tell if the R times is back up n running??
ta

Great post!
EPG has been driving me nuts recently!
cant get it to retrieve yet
when mapping channs do i click on unknown or ignore cos i tried both?

cheers

Neither if you are trying to map channels you actually have,
click on one on the left and it will switch focus to the right,then scroll down to find the matching one and click again.

by the way how can i tell if the R times is back up n running??
ta

Just paste this into your browser

http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/112.dat

if you get just one line then its down but if you get loads of program descriptions then its good to go

And at the moment its online :)

from the left and right hand side
RHS is all web.coms and numbers
LHS is all channs

sorry for appearing stupid
can i paste that into my box??

Cheers
Tam

iv started to map the channels, just noticed some channels are missing, channels like the asian channels, is their anyway to get these as well??

from the left and right hand side
RHS is all web.coms and numbers
LHS is all channs

sorry for appearing stupid
can i paste that into my box??

Cheers
Tam

Heres what I see when I go into channel mapping

2mx4w7l.jpg

iv started to map the channels, just noticed some channels are missing, channels like the asian channels, is their anyway to get these as well??

Try mapping some of them and then retrieve them and go back in and see if they are there then,or else try using the rytec xml plugin first to update the channel list first and then go back in to mapping them.

would it be possible for anyone who has maped there channel list to upload there channel list + the maplist.

Guys bear in mind that the more channels you map for epg the less days you will have to choose if storing in the /tmp folder,

I store epg for 145 channels for 3 days and it works smoothly,

I can upload my channel list etc but I dont think you would want it as I just use two bouquets,
One has all the normal channels we may watch which are mapped and the other has the sports channels which I dont map,

Lets know if you want them.

Cheers i did have that now it all dissapeared
i'll try starting again, (tomorrow) and see how i get on!

Hi guys sorry about the wait been in the hospital to visit my poor old mum (long story), here are some rough files for a well known UK provider, there are some channels missing, mostly because they are not in the list to choose but I know i've missed some too, feel free to update but make sure you post your updated rt_uk_channels.dat files if you do so everyone can share

1) Install XMLTV-EPGImport Rytec (latest) and the SQLite EPG import plugin (1.2) from the blue button in the Pli Jade image.

2) Load the bouquets whatever way you normally do (I use dreamboxedit)

3) rt_uk_channels.dat (attached) needs to be put in /var/tuxbox/config/dbepg on your box, you can do this via ftp

4) Using your remote go into MENU/SETUP/SYSTEM SETTIGS/EPG on your box and set as below:

5) Go into EPG Configuration from the plugins menu (yellow button for me), select radio times, set number of days to 3, choose if you want to create a cron job to auto download everyday and if so set a time for it to be done as below:

6) Press yellow to retrieve and you should start to download the EPG, took approx 3-5 mins to finish for me.

You can mess around with the EPG display settings in MENU/SETUP/USER INTERFACE SETTINGS/MULTI EPG

Cant take any credit for the Bouquets by the way thanks to B16MCC for those

Last edited:
just to make sure, these are for dm500s ?? also im using dreambox edit but it just does not go accross onto my pc.

how do you use dreambox edit iv tried all sorts but it just does not appear on the box

Yer mate for the DM500s, the bouquets are in a rar file have you extracted them first with winrar ??

got it working!! i had to change it to settings type 2!! works ok now

mate just wondering on that tutorial that you posted above, did you mount a drive to save the epg? or is it just saved in /tmp folder on dreambox?

Back