4.2E still good?

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys im a little out of the loop with the whole wii modding thing,

basically i softmodded my wii ages ago using a very handy guide on here and found i could play backups using neo gamma (cant remember what version) but i was wondering if the newer games still worked? I was going to grab one or two and wanted to know im still good to go before i leave my pc on all night lol.

Or will i need to update to 4.3? or update neo gamma or something? (not that i can remember how)

No m8 stick with 4.2e and use bally's guide.

If you update to 4.3 you will need a retail copy of lego indiana jones to do the hack.

Nice one I'll stick to 4.2E then :)

As for neo gamma, does that need to be kept upto date? the few games I downloaded in the past all boot with no issues but as im grabbing some newer ones, i was it still wouldnt be a problem :)

Nice one I'll stick to 4.2E then :)

As for neo gamma, does that need to be kept upto date? the few games I downloaded in the past all boot with no issues but as im grabbing some newer ones, i was it still wouldnt be a problem :)

I dont use neogamma m8 i grab cioscorp 3.6 which allows direct loading of games from the disc channel.

If using a usb device i recomend usb loader gx.

I dont use neogamma m8 i grab cioscorp 3.6 which allows direct loading of games from the disc channel.

If using a usb device i recomend usb loader gx.

That sounds awesome being able to launch from the channel, it annoys me when those messages pop up saying all ive played is neo gamma lol, is there a guide on here how to install cioscorp?

That sounds awesome being able to launch from the channel, it annoys me when those messages pop up saying all ive played is neo gamma lol, is there a guide on here how to install cioscorp?

Dead easy m8.

How to install it:
Unpack the contents of this .zip file to your SD card and run the
"cIOSCORP v3.6 Main Installer" application via the Homebrew Channel,
sit back, and wait a few minutes. That's it!

cIOSCORP v3.6

Dead easy m8.

How to install it:
Unpack the contents of this .zip file to your SD card and run the
"cIOSCORP v3.6 Main Installer" application via the Homebrew Channel,
sit back, and wait a few minutes. That's it!

cIOSCORP v3.6

cheers sargie your a star!!! :Clap:

No probs m8, just to be clear do ballys hack first then run cioscorp 3.6 last.

And dont forget to backup your nand!

I'm pretty sure it was ballys guide i followed ages ago when i originally soft modded the wii anyway :)

must admit though, i dont think i backed up the nand!

is it still possible?

No probs m8, just to be clear do ballys hack first then run cioscorp 3.6 last.

And dont forget to backup your nand!

Just tried running cioscorp but when it trys to install it says 0 files found 0 files failed then all i can do is exit the installer.

what am i doing wrong?

I copied all the files from the cioscorp rar file to the root of the sd card and i even tried it in the apps folder within the sd card but same issue! Really want to get this working then i'll have a great Wii experience :)

Last edited:
Back