360 vs pS3 ???

If the PS3 were techincally inferior, then how would be able to perform at least as well as the 360?

But, if you want stats, here is a nice comparison: History of video game consoles (seventh generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that the 360 is clocked at the same operating speed, but lacks the 7 cores the PS3 has (it only has three). Also note that it requires a buffer between the memory and GPU, whereas the PS3 can directly address it.

Last post for me on this, think I'm turning 12 again mine is faster than yours so on so on.
but if you talk cpu of the 2 systems (remember this is a games system)

The majority of game code is a mixture of integer, floating-point, and vector math, with lots of branches and random memory accesses. This code is best handled by a general purpose CPU with a cache, branch predictor, and vector unit.

The Cell's seven DSPs (what Sony calls SPEs) have no cache, no direct access to memory, no branch predictor, and a different instruction set from the PS3's main CPU. They are not designed for or efficient at general purpose computing. DSPs are not appropriate for game programming.

Xbox 360 has three general purpose CPU cores. The Cell processor has only one.

Thats it for me on this subject. Its more down to what games you like and if the game is exclusive to 360 or ps3

Both systems are fast and good at games (games system remember)
Who will win in the end? forget about the ps3 or 360 think more microsoft or sony what company will give up first. All down to money in the end

i wwouldnt completely say the xbox is shite cause well a lot of folk own them

but i just wanted the ps3 caus ei thought it was going to be the kick ass console of the future

its slowly gaining pace and one day, yes one day, it will be the ultimate in gaming between teh xbox and the ps3

blu-ray disks can hold a shit load more than the dual layer xbox pirates love, ahem witchy, and amybe when the price of blu disks and writers come down in 2034 then the ps3 will be hacked :)

but most likely the xbox 560 and 20 red rings will be out to fight against the ps14

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i wwouldnt completely say the xbox is shite cause well a lot of folk own them

but i just wanted the ps3 caus ei thought it was going to be the kick ass console of the future

its slowly gaining pace and one day, yes one day, it will be the ultimate in gaming between teh xbox and the ps3

blu-ray disks can hold a shit load more than the dual layer xbox pirates love, ahem witchy, and amybe when the price of blu disks and writers come down in 2034 then the ps3 will be hacked :)

but most likely the xbox 560 and 20 red rings will be out to fight against the ps14

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Na na na nana!!

You fucked up and bought a PS3, na na nanana!!

PS3 is a failure, na na nanana!!

You're a Sony Fanboy, na na nananaaaaa!

;)

Right, I'm off outta this place.

I wish I could say that owning my PS3 was fun, but it wasn't, it was a complete let down, but anyway.....byeeee! :)

Last post for me on this, think I'm turning 12 again mine is faster than yours so on so on.
but if you talk cpu of the 2 systems (remember this is a games system)

The majority of game code is a mixture of integer, floating-point, and vector math, with lots of branches and random memory accesses. This code is best handled by a general purpose CPU with a cache, branch predictor, and vector unit.

The Cell's seven DSPs (what Sony calls SPEs) have no cache, no direct access to memory, no branch predictor, and a different instruction set from the PS3's main CPU. They are not designed for or efficient at general purpose computing. DSPs are not appropriate for game programming.

Xbox 360 has three general purpose CPU cores. The Cell processor has only one.

Thats it for me on this subject. Its more down to what games you like and if the game is exclusive to 360 or ps3

Both systems are fast and good at games (games system remember)
Who will win in the end? forget about the ps3 or 360 think more microsoft or sony what company will give up first. All down to money in the end
I am aorry, but how do you come to the conclusion that the cell isnt aimed at general purpose computing? Its used in general purpose servers and in blade centers?

You are also completely incorrect in stating that the PS3 has no direct access to memory - it does. Plus, the main CPU in the PS3 is the cell - so how does it have a different instruction set?

As I stated before, most developers just dont know what to do with the PS3, but if you want to say it is a technically inferior machine compared to the 360, then how come it can display games that are of equal quality to the 360? That logic just doesnt make sense?

Also, the 360 has a tri-core Xenon where as the PS3 has a essentially a 9 core CPU, one PPE and 7 SPE's (the eigth is apparently locked out). The OS uses up one SPE, leaving six SPE's to run game code.

Lets make this quite clear right now, the PS3 is a hardware engineers wet dream and nightmare all at the same time. The architecture is quite simply amazing, but would appear for all intents and purposes to be a complete bugger to write code for.

The 360 is a games console, where as you can describe the PS3 as a general purpose computer...

Na na na nana!!

You fucked up and bought a PS3, na na nanana!!

PS3 is a failure, na na nanana!!

You're a Sony Fanboy, na na nananaaaaa!

;)

Right, I'm off outta this place.

I wish I could say that owning my PS3 was fun, but it wasn't, it was a complete let down, but anyway.....byeeee! :)
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

hehe its like boys and there toys, my toys better than your toy.
Who cares people like what they like simple. Get over it and be happy with what you have regardless.

hehe its like boys and there toys, my toys better than your toy.
Who cares people like what they like simple. Get over it and be happy with what you have regardless.
Witchy is unable to be happy now that he has sold his PS3.

And to think, just over a year ago he was soo looking forward to owning one!

yeah i can remember him saying that his wife had bought him one for christmas... lol i'll see if i can find the thread lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

She walked in with one and sat it next to me!

Ofcourse I was excited!

Didn't last long though ;)

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/155570/

i done some digging and i found it

the line that shouts out YA DANCER!! in the post says

"The bitch has taken it to her mothers"

hehe

deep down you were gutted you never got it :) you could have joined the elite gaming scene

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
my ps3 is on just now but you wouldn't know it :)

it doesnt make a sound :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

deep down you were gutted you never got it :) you could have joined the elite gaming scene

Urrm. :err:

I did get one (for free I should add) and I sold it a few days ago.

It was so Elite that it was used a handful of times and is now history, it's place is now taken up by my Wii and PS2.

all you had to do was just come online with us and we would have shown you the way :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

all you had to do was just come online with us and we would have shown you the way :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

No ta, there's constantly loads of guys on here on Xbox Live.

Anyway, I'm no longer an owner of a PS3 so it would just be fanboy-ism if I continued to post here and slate the machine, I felt justified whilst I owned one but not now.

I'm calling a truce with all PS3 owners :)

;)

you don't know what your missing mate

:)

lol i dont diss the 360 for a minute, i may one day own one :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ok thought id throw my 2pence in,i got all 3-the wii is appaling and is just for kids-non gamers and idiots-we only have 1 for the kids-and then its only cooking mama that gets played by the little gal-oh and gamecube resi evils by me

the 360 is a fantastic machine-exellent controllers and even tho the format may now be dead thanks to sonys trojan horse hd dvd-its better than bluray-just because it lost doesnt make it a bad machine

which brings me nicely to the ps3

its a good solid machine-and mines been on more than the 360 lately but only for silent hill homecoming ,alone in the dark inferno(a multi platform game thats better on the ps3) and motorstorm 2--for the developers that have mastered the ps3 architechture they are getting stunning results

but lets not kid ourselfs about the inclusion of bluray-its fucking useless mosts games just repeat data on the disc and the bloody mandatory installs on ps3-the demo installs, all the fucking installs get right on my tits

as for the rrod-is that really gunna make it a bad console-really thats all you got against it-ive had maybe 10 360s in total with banning swaps and rrod and it doesnt bother me at all cos when it works it works great

at this moment in time tho the 360 has the better catalouge of games and edges it for me-the ps3 could come good on its promises but i think this gen will be over once it does

@ViolentJ.....

Is it true that the PS3 has a revamped control system on AITD?

You pay for games, you're nuts ;)

yeah witchy its playable now and the camera does as you tell it

and i only buy exclusives so it doesnt cost that much really-at the mo 90 percent of the multi platform games perform better on 360

Back