360 vs pS3 ???

BigPaul

Inactive User
Reaction score
My son has an xbox 360... It plays all manner of games due to the f/w on drive he he.

Thing is he now bustin my head for a ps3 from "Santa".

Is there much difference between em to warrant spending another £300???

Only good thing i see is i get a xbox out of the deal untill he tires of the games on ps3!!!

It's the same games on both machines with the odd exclusive title released on each system aswell.

The PS3 is not hacked so you'll be paying £40 for the same game you could have gotten on the 360 for the price of a blank disc.

PS3 has a Blu-Ray player, which is nice.

IMO, the novelty of the PS3 will soon wear off and within weeks it'll sit in his room gathering dust, like 80% of all PS3's.

Spend the £300 on something else mate.

Last edited:
I have both consoles both have there good and bad points. My 360 is not flashed so for me that does not come into it. Most games get released cross platform and they play the same on both consoles. Personally for me it's the PS3 (can write my name in the dust gathered on my 360). Last straw for me was the dash, can't stand it, if i wanted a avator I can play on my WII, they should have left it alone or at least given a choice. Although the PS3 got off to a slow start everything is progressing quite nicely now, and the introduction of HOME leaves the dash and the avators standing. The 360 is good but what else is there?? PS3 however is just beginning, and unlike the 360 you don't need to buy SONY branded headsets or hardrives or Wireless adaptors (PS3 has it built in) any laptop hardrive, USB keyboard bluetooth headset will work.

P.S and they don't charge for the priviledge of online gaming.

P.S.S and all these exclusives to look forward to::

* Infamous
* Killzone 2
* God of War 3
* Ratchet and Clank
* Gran Turismo 5
* Yakuza 3
* Trico
* Uncharted 2
* Jak 4
* Heavy Rain
* White Knight Chronicles
* Final Fantasy XIII Versus
* Demons Soul
* MAG
* Wardevil
* Twisted Metal

Last edited:
Like I said, the 360 is hacked so you get FREE games.

Home is a joke for children, a complete waste of time IMO, and yes I do have the Beta.

...and I love the new Xbox Dashboard. :)

I'll not list all the Xbox 360 exclusives as I'm not a fanboy.

The PS3 is not hacked so you'll be paying £40 for the same game you could have gotten on the 360 for the price of a blank disc.

£40 for a game where are u shopping mate?

as mermy says thats one thing that bugs me with ms is u have to buy there ms the price they want for a 120gig hard drive done it for me when u think all it is is a laptop drive rip off man
and they put there own housing on the drive so u cant upgrade it urself well i think u can put it looks like a pain to do.

I'll not list all the Xbox 360 exclusives as I'm not a fanboy.

na not much ur not mate ur always in the ps3 side talking about how the xbox is great cos the games are free but thats all its good for

the beta ur using now is not the beta iv used cos they have removed alot of homes functions after the started sending out mass invites so im sure there is loads more to come .

£40 for a game where are u shopping mate?

as mermy says thats one thing that bugs me with ms is u have to buy there ms the price they want for a 120gig hard drive done it for me when u think all it is is a laptop drive rip off man
and they put there own housing on the drive so u cant upgrade it urself well i think u can put it looks like a pain to do.

There's nothing to stop you opening the case HD case and fitting your own drive, a simple software patch and it's up and running.

Why does everyone always say "where do you buy you're games" whenever I mention the price of PS3 games, lol, that's approx the typical RRP.

@ BigPaul, you asked this question in the PS3 forum, ofcourse they'll all say 'BUY IT - IT'S WONDERFULL" :)

It's a waste of fooking money.

Xbox360 = FREE GAMES, that's the most important point.

na not much ur not mate ur always in the ps3 side talking about how the xbox is great cos the games are free but thats all its good for

the beta ur using now is not the beta iv used cos they have removed alot of homes functions after the started sending out mass invites so im sure there is loads more to come .

I own both, I have every right to my opinion.

It's a £300 dust magnet.

I'll tell you something, I'll not be installing HOME on my PS3, it's completely pointless.

There's nothing to stop you opening the case HD case and fitting your own drive, a simple software patch and it's up and running.

Xbox360 = FREE GAMES, that's the most important point.

the point im trying to make is ms go out to there way to make u pay more i have both xbox and ps3 and i have to say i put my xbox on for the first time to get the new update then then it went off again they only game xbox has that i wanna play is gears 2 then im selling it i payed through the nose to go wireless on my xbox what a joke man.. its good to know that i dont have the worry of every time i turn my ps3 on i dont have to worry about rrod even when the elite come out the should have fixxed it but noo..
the xbox was good 2 years ago had its day .... thats my opinion as for home mate u dont have to use it see its all about choice not like ms u will have this new dash.

I own both, I have every right to my opinion.

It's a £300 dust magnet.

I'll tell you something, I'll not be installing HOME on my PS3, it's completely pointless.

Thankfully you will be given the choice not to install it unlike the new xbox dash. Although how this is childish compared to little cartoon avators is beyond me. Personally I think its great and once all the features are put back it will be even better, the posibilitys are endless.

Like I said my xbox is not flashed so free games make no difference to me my opinion is based on owning both consoles and buying games for both.

Everyone is entitled to there opinion thats the whole point of a forum

bet u only used home cos it free lol

lol, ofcourse i did :)

Gotta have a quiet snigger at the "360 has had it's day" comment, utter tosh!

Which PS3 forum did you read that one on? ;)

:)

it just amazes me how ur base eveything on the fact that u can get ur games for free on the xbox so that makes it better yeah ?

it just amazes me how ur base eveything on the fact that u can get ur games for free on the xbox so that makes it better yeah ?

its the only thing he can base it on. and its the ONLY thing that is better about the 360.

he cant possibly base his 360 fan boy opinions (sorry witchy but that is what u have turned into over the last few months, whether u believe it or not) on the quality of ps3 games, because by his own admission he wouldnt buy any because they are free on the 360.

I agree, the ease at which you can pirate games for the 360 isnt enough to say its the better console. All it says about the console is that its easy to pirate.

The 360 will hit a technological ceiling sooner than the PS3, but as to when that will occur its anyones guess.

Gotta have a quiet snigger at the "360 has had it's day" comment, utter tosh!

:)

Talk is that 360 is now running at its full tilt and the latest releases really push it to the limit but that is not to say the games at the mo are not as good coz they are,its when developers start upping the ante for the most powerful pc games that the ps3 will come into its own

ive got the 360 and the ps3 and i fully understand whats being said about the 360 and the free games, i personally wouldnt pay the pricefor the games on the 360, imo they lok and play better on the ps3, online play is still progressing but is free and the rrod is a pain in the arse to put it mildly.

To summarise, my 360 was my baby but is now gettign shunned in order of playing my ps3, infact ive set the ps3 up on a new tv that is going to be part funded by the sale ofmy 360!!!

WOW!!!

Thanks for the opinions guys LOL

I did not realize there was such a debate ongoing about the whole thing.

I suppose the answer to my question is that the £300 would not at this stage buy too much improvement but maybe in the future it will.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.

Talk is that 360 is now running at its full tilt and the latest releases really push it to the limit but that is not to say the games at the mo are not as good coz they are,its when developers start upping the ante for the most powerful pc games that the ps3 will come into its own
If that is the case, then as soon as Sony release the next SDK for the PS3, the 360 is humped.

Back