3 Room Pub Football Setup - Any advice?

if i buy the canal sweden subscription will the talked about card change effect me?

thats good news. cheapest I can find this is now £799! shocking price compared to the £20 a month subscription if you live in sweden (started new thread on this).

Cheers for your help via PM si. For anyone interested in the thread - The boxes are on the internal network and are all assigned a unique IP. I think the problem is with the alignment of the dish and not the cccam. will resolve this later.

on a side note- we had a call from sly the other day (we had been shopped by competitor!) and the sales guy basically said in not so many words that if we didn't take out a sky package he would have to report us to M P S. It was his obligation apparently! lol When we explained about EU broadcasting rights and the fact sly couldn't do anything he agreed but said that the EU broadcasting info was wrong and they had won many cases against landlords. I cant wait til this grey area is resolved as sly throwing their toys from the pram and using dirty tactics is becoming tiring!

Isnt the court case about this coming up soon?
All S*y can do atm is add you to their list.

Also... have you thought of looking into Sky Italia?
I personally think they have theest selection & show the most games.
Ok it £1200 a year, but you do get a lot more football.

Nova is also worth considering - though the picture quality on Canal+ (Thor) is the best of the 3.

have been looking into sky italia mate and it is a good option but I have found that canal sub shows the majority of prem games inc around 2/3 3pm kick offs on saturday.

also i am not sure if i could use the sky italia in the eagle box for multiroom as it needs its own receiver. anyone know about this?

Just been reading the post. Sorry i'm not technical so can't offer that sort of advice but.....becareful with digitalb as technically it isn't EU yet. i'm in the pub trade nd have had a "visit" from the sly gestapo rep. with regard to this. we've started zooming the pic so front of house can't easily see which card is being used. sly are plain greedy!

Me thinks the greek nova has gone downhill this year for football.
Looks like Sky italia for next season,Digitalb still O.k but grey area for pubs(eu).Find satanta ireland great though.

your spot on about digitalb, can you use satanta ireland ok in england?

@digidude do you by any chance know if you can use sly itali in an eagle box rather than the official box? is it a case of putting it in the official box once a week or something?

really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions

the eagle box is basicly a clone of a DM500, so with the right card server software and cam itll read it and keep it up to date, but, if you havent bought the box yet, id recommend against it, especially for a pub as it suffers worse from the same issues as the DM500 that it copies, the sound is terrible, if your normal sound level is 30, this will need to be on at least 55 to hear it, then when you change tv sources, your speakers will be booming lol

youll also need an RF modulator to change the scart signal to one that can be fired off to all your screens

the new tm500 has an rf modulator built in, much better sound, i find the picture better (see thread tm500 v dm500) and isnt a cheap clone of a receiver where even the original has known sound problems, its also enigma1 based to will run all the same plugins as the DM500 and all of its clones

sly italia has gone to ND$3 so you may have some issues setting up at first

thanks for that mate, unfortunately I bought all the eagles for my set up a while ago. I will look into the tm500' as the eagles were a little temperamental esp with ccCam (kept freezin every minute or so for a few secs) - although I do think I need to spend some more time trying to resolve that.

i have seen the satanta ireland card advertised for just over a grand but am guessing you'll get fried for using this in england!

it seems sky italia is definitely the way to go next season and I was wondering if there is a sticky or info sheet which would help me set it up to cs on my 3 eagle boxes? digidude mentioned about having the right software etc... anyone know what it is? or anyone already have this set up working that could help?
thanks for any help guys

Is S*y Germany the new premier sports portal? Does s*y Italia have english audio?

Only interesed in epl in english audio. Found Sky germany package is cheaper and I think in english same schedule as italia

can anyone confirm this? all the locals by me have installed sly italia

Back