3 Room Pub Football Setup - Any advice?

Having some issues sourcing the DM500S 's. There is a company called ***monkey but having read their t&c I am not filled with confidence!

Was only looking to spend around £60 per unit, is this unrealistic? Or are there any other budget receivers that I could use ccam on? Preferable that I could use the digitalb and canal+ cards in straight away without the expense of cams.

Cheers

Edit//

Just been offered 3 Eagle Linux satellite boxes for £85 a piece? Been told these are the same as the DM500S... can anyone confirm?

Thanks

Last edited:
Having some issues sourcing the DM500S 's. There is a company called ***monkey but having read their t&c I am not filled with confidence!

Was only looking to spend around £60 per unit, is this unrealistic? Or are there any other budget receivers that I could use ccam on? Preferable that I could use the digitalb and canal+ cards in straight away without the expense of cams.

Cheers

Edit//

Just been offered 3 Eagle Linux satellite boxes for £85 a piece? Been told these are the same as the DM500S... can anyone confirm?

Thanks
Yes m8 there tha same,you can load the same s/w as dm's......

I might add that if you get caught showing football in your pub with an illegal card sharing system it could be bye bye to you for a while. A digitalb card could be argued in court that you have legally sourced it. Card sharing is illegal interception of a satellite signal and is on very dodgy ground. I would think again about this route if you want to keep your licence.

if you actually own the card though then you have a different arguement as you have paid the sub to use it

Hi Guys

Thanks for your responses, I'm going to get a legit canal+ sweden card and already got the digitalb. This can then be argued in court under Eu broadcasting rights.

The only reason I want to card share is because I want to see 3 diff games in 3 diff rooms without buying 6 subscription cards. So it will be on a local network.

I read that eagle have issues driving a motor, anyone had probs? I'm gonna get a tm2200 as this has always been good to me in past.

Cheers

1. Dark motor (not metal gear) OK
2. Stabb 120 OK
3. Super Dark motor (metal gear) OK
4. Motec 2100A OK
5. Motec 2100 OK
6. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount V-bracket OK
7. SM3D12 (Satracker) OK
8. Technomate 2100A OK
9. TM 2200 OK
10. Chess MD120 OK (Motor has no gotoX)
11. HH100 STAB/GbSAT Motor OK (gotoX not working)
12. Stab HH-90 OK
13. Dark Motor Metal Gear OK
14. Fortec Star SG2100 Motor OK
15. Technomate 2200 Diseqc motor (Updated version of the sg2100) OK (usals reported not working)
16. SatCatcher Protrack DiSEqC 1.2 OK
17. Moteck SG2100A Diseqc 1.2 Motor with USALS OK

Thanks for that Manic

So I'll be ok with the TM then or you think I should use another? Must admit that I use usals on my tm6900 setup and diseqc to fine tune.

Just want a solid system esp as the punters wont care about the technicalities if the games not showing.

Could you recommend one from personal experience? or shoud I just get the tm2200?

Thanks mate

Will try and get hold of the Moteck SG2100A then mate. Awesome information, thank you very much!

Edit//

On a side note, anyone know whether the eagle's have coax outputs? or will I need 3 x scart2coax converters?

Cheers

Last edited:
Think i'm best getting some scart2coax converters then... need to hook them all up to a distribution unit as I dont want the receivers in each room. Want them all behind the bar where no-one can mess/have off with them.

Cheers

You might own it Digi, but it will be a domestic sub for another country and being illegally shared?

thats part of the EU arguement m8, but its still an official paid for sub

as long as you are sharing with only yourself, then if the shit did hit the fan, you wouldnt be in any more trouble for using one card in 6 boxes or 6 cards in 6 boxes

if however you were connected to a share and owned no cards yourself, then thats calssed as bypassing the protection completley, and supporting organised crime (yep, they now use that one as well, people running CS servers are supposedly working for oswald bed linen lol) and youd then also face fraud, theft and deception charges, as well as anything else they may think they can get away with labeling you with

also, every TM220 ive fitted, ive had no problems with them using diseqc or usals commands, my own 2200 runs a 1.1m dish with a small dreambox using usals and is flawless (and sods law says now ive wrote that, itll be on the floor in the morning lol)

Thats what I mean mate, then I'll set the frequencies so theres no conflicts.

Cheers

going down the original subbed is by far the best way to do things. As for the legal consequences you being in a pub are very different to someone sat at home there is court cases at present which show this to be a grey area that the courts will need to sort out.

@3world please dont think that what you want to do with a subbed card is in any way technicaly different to sharing cards you dont own. you still need to use sharing emu which to be honest should be discussed more on this forum because everytime card sharing is mentioned 99% of the time no technical aspects ever get discussed.

Si

Thanks for the replies...

@digidude

There have been a few cases where the landlords have won in court and this is now a very grey area indeed. I believe that there is going to be a ruling this year about whether it is ok to show foreign subs in UK or not. Dont want to take this thread off topic but if this is ruled that you cant then surely sly should also respect this and pull out off spain etc... as if! So as this is commercial I am definitely going down the subscribed route!

I also have the tm2200 at my home and it is great but will be getting a moteck for the eagle boxes just for a fool proof system. Heard there have been issues with the tm and eagle using usals (thanks goes out to manic01).

@SiKinn

Totally agree mate and understand that the CCcam thing will still be the same as if I was CS over the net. Thinking I am going to need some help sorting it out on the eagles. I will want them all to be hosts and guests. Digitalb in one, Canal in another and possible Nova/Premier in the last. Sorry missed you on MSN. Will be on again today until about 5.30ish.

Getting really optimistic about this setup now. All thanks to this forum! Great work guys!

If you are having problems with your motor not working correctly or not moving at all, Try using the increased voltage setting found here

Menu
SetupOption6-
Service Searching
Satellite Configuration
Highlight LNB0
and click ok

Then make sure you select the increased voltage option.

Info from MikeP sat4fun.co.uk

If you are having problems with your motor not working correctly or not moving at all, Try using the increased voltage setting found here

Menu
SetupOption6-
Service Searching
Satellite Configuration
Highlight LNB0
and click ok

Then make sure you select the increased voltage option.

Info from MikeP sat4fun.co.uk

Cheers manic, I'm taking it thats for the tm2200 on the eagle?

Back