3 Room Pub Football Setup - Any advice?

you need to acces the config file cccam.cfg i have not used the image you are but i presume its in /var/etc or /etc

you will need to get yourself an ftp program filezila does the job.

when you get to edit the files you will hace to give each box a port which is defined under the variable listen port in the config file.

you best to deiete the whole contents and just add a fline into the box with the card in and a cline to the one without and of course the listen port otherwise the two boxes revert to 12000.

sorry to be a bit vague i am on my phone and my fingers killing me

Si

Thats where I fell down... couldn't locate the cccam.cfg file. Looked in the suggested directories as suggested on other thread. This is when I thought it was doing it automatically when I changed the setting via the IP online.

I have a ftp program and will take a look at it when I'm back in the pub.

Will check out your post now pinkhelmets!

Thanks to you both

Hi Guys

Managed to setup all three boxes on Sunday and found the cccam files on each. replaced these with new amended versions. will type in what i used when I get back to pub. unfortunately when I went to check boxes I forgot to just use the remote on the one box and didnt realise it was switchin the other two as well. now when i start the other two it just keeps flashin saying loading eagle image. any ideas why this has happened? I dont know whether it could have been caused by my cccam.cfg's or just that having to reset the boxes locked them up?

Cheers

Cheers for that manic.. I though that was the case, was just hoping it wasnt! :grayno:

I take it you backed up your previous images? If so use dream up, then you will have to reset long/lat etc. Scan one satellite and then reload image. Dream up takes 10 mins or so so don't worry. Read my pm for where to get more info/tools for the job.

Luckily the master box is ok, its just the other two that'll need reflashing. Didnt backup the images as the eagle v4 image worked fine on the master so just used that. Will re install it when I next get time to look over the setup.

Cheers for the advice mate.

Re-flashed the boxes and updated the details. All working fine.. uploaded ccCcam.cfg files again and all is sharing fine. Woo Hoo! Feels great when a plan comes together! Just need to get the canal subscription now, tidy up the wires and sort out the freq's so theres no interference (loads on the system! sky, aerial, techno, 3 eagles, video player...).

Would like to say a BIG THANKS to everyone on this thread, especially:

SiKinn :Clap:
pinkhelmets :Clap:
digidude :Clap:
manic01 :Clap:

Hopefully anyone else who is looking to do something similar can gain from this thread.

This site rocks!!!

Just one thing... the channels keep freezing on the other boxes (ones without the sub card in) for about 5-10 secs every minute or so. I did have all boxes on the same port in the setup, so i changed this and the cccam files and now their not working at all. Any ideas? Knew I shouldn't have tempted fate saying everything was fine! haha

have you altered the clines to reflect the port changes.

Si

yeah. I've decided to put them all back on the same port, will this matter as it was working before?

are you planning on expanding into outside your internal network?

Si

they are all working again now but there is a freeze and the time is random... sometimes they freeze for a few seconds but just before it was for about 30 secs.. really strange

it just that when you port forward your router you would need a seperate port for each sat box. so if you plan on it better to sort it now.

Si

ahh right i see. I dont really want to to be honest. Its dodgy enough as is never mind sharing them outside. If it was a domestic setup then I might but with it being in a pub its far too risky for all parties.

I did go into my hub setup but it doesnt show the IP's of the boxes... only the local computer I am on now and two wireless laptops. I wanted to forward the ports as I thought that could be the issue.

you sure you have them on the network then, if there not showing in your router?

does you router give ip via dhcp? how are the sat boxes setup to obtain there ip's?

Si

Cheers for your help via PM si. For anyone interested in the thread - The boxes are on the internal network and are all assigned a unique IP. I think the problem is with the alignment of the dish and not the cccam. will resolve this later.

on a side note- we had a call from sly the other day (we had been shopped by competitor!) and the sales guy basically said in not so many words that if we didn't take out a sky package he would have to report us to M P S. It was his obligation apparently! lol When we explained about EU broadcasting rights and the fact sly couldn't do anything he agreed but said that the EU broadcasting info was wrong and they had won many cases against landlords. I cant wait til this grey area is resolved as sly throwing their toys from the pram and using dirty tactics is becoming tiring!

Back