3 Room Pub Football Setup - Any advice?

3world

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking to install a setup that allows me to show 3 different games in 3 different rooms.

Is there a way so that I can emulate one subscription card & diablo cam through the extra 2 boxes? Which boxes would be best for this? Already have the digitalb subscription on a tm1500 super reciever and was thinking of getting two more of these if its possible to port from main reeiver.

I am planning on having one dish motorised and one fixed (already installed and currently on digitalb subscription) - therefore as long as most of the games are on one of the sat's (say Thor on diablo cam) I should be able to motor to this and feed the signal to all the receivers?

I have a good knowledge of sat setups but this one is for the more experienced and I cant work out the best way to go about it.

So any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ps Hope that makes sense ??

Additional edit //

If I am to get a german or sky italia sub package this will obviously effect the receivers used. Basically I want to get all the football including 3pm games in 3 different rooms. If anyone advise that the german & italian package is the way to go (this is also better with regards to legality - only just tho!). I will get both the packages on separate fixed dishes and move the digitalb package to the new motorised dish and add a diablo cam to that box.

If only the signal was more reliable for showtime arabia up north!! Would be a lot easier!

Nice first post !

FFS

Try posting in the "newbies" section, introduce yourself.... add a little to the site, then you will get some good information back from the brilliant Digiworldz family.

Sorry if I seem harsh mate, but so many ppl just turn up on here and the first post is "I want".

I would get 3 dm500 (or equivalent) all networked together with CCcam installed on each one and with the correct F/C lines setup for each box to share to the others. This way you could have upto 3 cards (1 in each box) available to be used by any of the boxes at anytime.

As for the feeds for each box you are going to have to work out what sats/packages you are goin to need. Maybe some diseqc switches, dual lnbs etc..

Your best getting it down on paper as to what scenarios you are going to want. this will help in know what euipment you are going to need.

Si

Nice first post !

FFS

Try posting in the "newbies" section, introduce yourself.... add a little to the site, then you will get some good information back from the brilliant Digiworldz family.

Sorry if I seem harsh mate, but so many ppl just turn up on here and the first post is "I want".

Totally understand where you are coming from mate, I am a member on other forums too and have been for a while. I did introduce myself in the welcome section but posted that second. If in any way I can help I do but I am still learning alot and its hard to give advice unless your 100% about what you know. Dont want to mislead anyone.

Nice to meet you anyhow!

I would get 3 dm500 (or equivalent) all networked together with CCcam installed on each one and with the correct F/C lines setup for each box to share to the others. This way you could have upto 3 cards (1 in each box) available to be used by any of the boxes at anytime.

As for the feeds for each box you are going to have to work out what sats/packages you are goin to need. Maybe some diseqc switches, dual lnbs etc..

Your best getting it down on paper as to what scenarios you are going to want. this will help in know what euipment you are going to need.

Si

Thats great news mate... may have an issue changing the channels on each box with a remote as they'll all be in one place! haha

Will do a bit more reading!

Thanks alot for your help!

Totally understand where you are coming from mate, I am a member on other forums too and have been for a while. I did introduce myself in the welcome section but posted that second. If in any way I can help I do but I am still learning alot and its hard to give advice unless your 100% about what you know. Dont want to mislead anyone.

Nice to meet you anyhow!

no worries :) welcome lol

as long as ya not a "hit an run" info grabber lol

Sorry mate... cant stay and chat... got my info... gotta go....

lol only joking... def here for the long haul! so much to learn! (and eventually pass on!)

If you plan to have 3 box's in a central location then that does have some significance. For instance the remote control as you mention -so that means 3 different receivers. Additionally how will you transmit the video to each room, because the common method for distance would be via co-ax cable -but dm500 receivers do not have co-ax output as they do not have modulators.
With 3 receivers in 1 place you can also use a card-splitter with some types of smartcard.
Also where abouts is your location, are you in the uk? Nilesat is the best satellite, with Showtime as the best package, but this is very weak in the Uk so it depends where you are and what size dish.

if you plan on using dreamboxes with a scart to UHF modulator, you could either control them from a small laptop, or install the plugin that allows you to 'lock' boxes so only one at a time will respond to the remote

If you plan to have 3 box's in a central location then that does have some significance. For instance the remote control as you mention -so that means 3 different receivers. Additionally how will you transmit the video to each room, because the common method for distance would be via co-ax cable -but dm500 receivers do not have co-ax output as they do not have modulators.
With 3 receivers in 1 place you can also use a card-splitter with some types of smartcard.
Also where abouts is your location, are you in the uk? Nilesat is the best satellite, with Showtime as the best package, but this is very weak in the Uk so it depends where you are and what size dish.

Thanks for your reply mate. That does make a difference. I was going to run separate feeds to the screens via a ddu and coax cable. Did not realise the dm500's didnt have outputs.

Already been down the showtime route on nilesat but with even using a 2.4 meter dish the signal is still unreliable in the north west of england. Would also struggle to site a dish of that size.

Card splitters...first I heard of them tbh. Will read up some more.

Rather than plugins or laptop control, the other much cheaper way 2 use several dreambox receivers with 1 remote is to use beer mats :) You just block the IR with a beer mat placed infront of the ones you dont want to control.
Yeah forget showtime if you're NorthWest. Forget the cardsplitter idea too as they wont work with some cards like Sky Italia and German Premiere anyway -bad suggestion someone gave you lol :)
Dreambox is the best way, so you just have to solve your video distribution probs. Go for good quality modulators and you'll be happy.

So dm500's? One with the digitalb and canal+ card... others reading from main?

I was just reading up on a diablo wifi cam... was thinking of gettin 3 of these with a twin base distributing the digitalb and canal+ subscriptions. Anyone have any experience of these? Or should I just have a go at connecting up 3 dm500's?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge and most probably obvious questions. Some are most prob thinkin why pay £700 on a canal card when you can use cam... its purely that there is a little more legality about the system if sly tried court proceedings. This way you can argue under the eu broadcasting rights that subscription is legit. Hopefully wont come to that!

edit// @pinkhelmet - im a web designer too m8! not sure how you can do it for your prices tho mate!

Last edited:
I would be just more at home using dreamboxes as you have a lot more control. For example you could move your cards off site 'for security purposes'. Also them cards dont have to be at the same site.

You just want something rock solid mate, as i can imagine a pub full off punters waiting for a promised game that never comes.

you from the northwest anywhere near Wigan?

Si

Not that far from Wigan mate... Chester region. And your definitely right... last thing I want is a pub full of pi55ed of punters! What a nightmare that would be!

Having cards off site could be a good idea, esp for security and those with slippery fingers! I've looked into c c am before but have never actually done it. I'm guessing all need to be hooked up to a 24/7 broadband connection? even if cards were on site and all receivers one on top of each other?

if the cards are onsite you will only need your internal network up but if you want to use cards which are offsite you are right about the net being up at the time you want to use them.

Are you going to be advertising the fact you have the matches on or are you going to get a word of mouth reputation? The reason i ask is if you advertise the matches that you are going to have a phyisical card for, the others will be a bonus so not much pressure if one of the needed cards is offline. If you set it up right there is no reason for this to happen (only you internet connection dying that is)

If you need any help with CCcam configuration give us a shout..

Si

Will definitely be advertising it mate so am going to need the sub cards. Do the dm500's have any issues driving a motor? Read this on another post and concerned me a bit tbh.

Just to sum things up... best setup is to invest in 3 dm500's, 1xDigitalb card, 1xCanal+ card. Do the dm500's have multicam like the tm1500? or will i need cams? Suppose I could also put a diablo cam in the third dm500 for the extra channels?

That sound about right? This way each receiver will have all digitalb, canal+ channels. Thats if I get my head round c c am! If this works I could also use newca md on my tm6900hd to receive the subscriptions off site?

Cheers for your help Si

Using dreambox receivers will be better than spending the money on several diablo cams. Legality isnt relevant because whatever you do will be illegal in the uk, so spend as little as possible because its less to lose when confiscated.

Dm500's control motors no problem and they have cardslot for multicam software. They dont have a cam slot though, so you cant add a diablo cam at a later date. Cccam is simple, probably easier than setting up 3 wireless diablo cams. :)

Thanks pinkhelmets

So if im not using a diablo cam and want to keep the cost down how would I get canal+? Use m2 card? (read on forum somewhere - no knowledge tbh). Or patch the boxes?

Personally I think i'd be better off getting the canal+ subscription for peace of mind but totally agree with you that nothing is 100% safe or legal. I would like to have use of the underworld files so that I can also get the other scandanavian packages (norway, denmark etc).

Anyone recommend a reliable retailer for the dm500s?

So shopping list will be as follows:

3x dm500s'
1x Canal+ Sweden Sub
1x Motorised dish setup (tm2200 ok?)
How many scart2coax modulators? Will I need 3 and run each into ddu? Then the outputs to the screens.

Already got {
1x digitalb sub
1x fixed dish
1x tm1500ci+ (now redundant with new dm500 setup)
}

I miss anything?

Another option is to share your card with people who have the cards you need. This way the only outlay you going to have is for the hardware.

You could always lay out the the best part of 900 quid for a original sub at a later date.

hope this helps

Si

Cheers Si... How do you go about that? Dont really want to get stung to be honest. Read about some offering service and the doing a runner with cash.

Suppose I could also see if there were a few who wanted to share the canal+ sub and split the costs? Feel free to PM me any info that might not be allowed on forum.

Back