3 Room Pub Football Setup - Any advice?

Thats great news.. the TM it is then! :banana:

Cheers

ive been following sly/MPS vs pubs for eu cases for many years m8, as well as being a member of the main 2 pub forums and a criminal solicitor forum where ALL new laws, cases etc are documented

ive followed karen murphys case, qc lesiure and avstation with great interest

sly know theres not a thing that can be done, as from dec19th this year laws change to force the new version of TVWF into our law, this is why sly/MPS are no longer prosecuting pubs using EU based systems, but targeting those outside of the EU

this has started another row, as a lot of the actual channels are broadcast FROM WITHIN the EU, even if their intended audience is outside of it (ART for example)

karen murphys case will be strung along untill december, then all charges dropped, as there will no longer be a grey area

It is a very interesting case and the outcome will help clear a lot of things up. To be fair Murdick has had a good run of the monopoly now and its about time he picked up his toys and welcomed the marketplace!

hes not got a choice about it m8, since europe came up with the TVWF dec 19th 2009 has always been the final date for those countries who wont adopt the issue and make way for it to have it forced into their laws by EU legislation

sky know that after this date the floodgates will open for EU subs in pubs, and theyre going to have to do something very drastic to their prices to keep any pubs subscribing to them

I dont see why that is not part of their strategy now, they could have a very good product with a huge market share if they werent so greedy. I think Setanta make take over to be honest, but once again either party will have to take drastic measures to compete with the EU packages. Interesting days ahead!

Rights guys... the day has come! lol

All of the gear is here and satellite is being installled as I type. Was just wondering if there is an idiots guide to setting up an eagle with ccam and getting it onto my network?

I've got the 3 eagle boxes and want them all to be hosts and guests so I can share upto 3 cards. The router is currently in an upstairs office so I'm gonna run a cat5 cable from there to the receivers in the bar. Is it best to run just the one cat5 and purchase another router hub for the bar? Or run 3 cables from the orig hub? (has 4 ports). Guess thats just a personal option as it should matter with the actual boxes or network?

Thanks for any advice

Ps. Is it weird to be this excited?? lol ... Feels like Christmas!

you are going to only use one router which you say is upstairs with the net connection. you could run one cable down to the bar to a switch just make sure it has an uplink port (most now are auto)

that way is not a good idea if you will be shifting lots of dats becuse you will get a bottle neck but am sure it will be fine as cccam doesnt take a lot.

as for the boxes you could spend time researching images but its all personal choice, go for pli-images you cant go far wrong. just avoid gemmini images.

Si

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys... im getting a huge learning curve!!!

I could run three lengths of cat5 from the office hub upsairs straight into each box if that is a better way to do it?

What you reckon? Thanks

also when you are dealing with multiple boxes of the same make and model. i find it easy to setup one box at a time instead of sticking them all on the network at once.

what router are you using? can you assign ips to mac addresses. you can then sticker each box with mac address for easy identification.

there is a few other ways to help id them but your mac address is hardcoded so aint going to change.

even better than running 3 cat5 cables, just run one, then get a cheap network hub and youll then have either 4 or 7 new cat5 sockets to use at the end location ;)

one thing to beware of though, especially of buying cheap/clone boxes is that the actual MAC address of the receivers is different for each one, even if the sticker on the box and on the receiver says a different number, they may still be the same with clones, and will conflict and bring your whole network to a grinding halt (as i found out the hard way a few years ago)

how id set it up is (not including satellite feeds here)

first seperatly flash an image onto the 3 boxes

turn off DCHP in the network settings and assaign 3 fixed ones (101, 2 & 3 for example)

run a single cat5 and plug it into a cheap 5 way network hub, then a small cat5 patch lead to each of the 3 boxes

setup the scart-RF modulators (DONT buy cheap ones of these m8, this is where the main weak link will be if you do) with a gap of 5 channels between them

instead of looping through the modulators, id use a 3 way tap in reverse, as this will also act as an RF equaliser and reduse and noise or cross mod introduced by the other modulators

next, using one remote, id download a cam onto all 3 boxes at once, and the config file

now id either download the remote lock to each box, or tape 2 of them up, and edit the configs using a laptop ready for the cards

once done, put the cards in, restart all 3

setup a startup service channel on each box

restart all 3 again

and enjoy true multiscreen viewing ;)

as itll all be on an internal network, no port forwarding will be needed,

Thanks for the posts.

Big thanks to digidude for the way to go. Just sorting out all the cabling at the moment as I'm having a aerial system put in to all the upstairs rooms as well.

Most probably get onto the setup of network later today. Trying to get my head round all this is a nightmare but sure once I've sorted it I'll think its easy... just a massive learning curve!

Will let you all know how i get on... can you post pics on here? Might even show how I messed it up. lol

yep you can post pics, either attached to the post (scroll down a bit and look for manage attachments after clicking post reply) or on something like imageshack then post a link to them

if you encounter any problems then post here and someone will help out

if youre having an aerial system fitted as well, you could also run the satellite boxes to upstairs and watch them up there as well ;)

satellite wont be available upstairs on purpose as we want the guests to go in bar to watch.. and buy a few drinks! haha

although in a couple rooms it will... gotta have some perks of this dying trade! Havent got round to setting it all up yet, although all boxes are flashed with the latest eagle 4 image and cheap router is on its way. no doubt i will report back with my frustrations soon!

cheers for all your help guys

let the frustrations begin...lol

I have set up two of the boxes for now and have digitalb card in one. all boxes have latest image (eagle v4) which has cccam 2.0.11 pre installed. I have wired up the boxes to network and can access them through IP. Through the IP's I have accessed webserver and enabled it on both with each one accepting each others IP. I have found cccam through blue button and it asks for servers address. do i need to fill this in? just that it looks like it will only accept 1 add and I want each of the three boxes to read from the other 2.

Anyone give me a little pointer?

Thanks

Back