2 ps3 wont play disks after update ?

hollow

Inactive User
Reaction score
mate of mine just pmed me asking why wont his and his dads ps3 play any disks after the update ?

dont have a ps3 myself so no idea ,is it just coincidence or has the update somehow done this

mate of mine just pmed me asking why wont his and his dads ps3 play any disks after the update ?

dont have a ps3 myself so no idea ,is it just coincidence or has the update somehow done this

the 4.0 update has just come out ... i havent tested any games yet but will in a bit after the other half has finished watching her crap

What update is that Neo matey? Is that a new PS3 or a multiman update? or is some thing more sinister from scony? via a game disk?

@ OP . I take it the machines were blocked from going online/automatic updates?

Last edited:
im not sure on the circumstances , will ask now

What update is that Neo matey? Is that a new PS3 or a multiman update? or is some thing more sinister from scony? via a game disk?

@ OP . I take it the machines were blocked from going online/automatic updates?

Official Sony 4.0 update...

mine downloaded over night.. i dunno how new it is as only turned the thing on last night to watch a bluray

last i new was the 3.7 update

he replied with there not modded and now on version 4 "ey up mate it accepts discs just doesnt load any thing iim stuck i dont no what to do"

Urm, If it was modded then I might be able to check, lol but original I can't help ya, I'm sure some one will be able too though, strange that there both "un-modded" and they are now not playing orginal disks, you sure there ain't a game up date for them or some thing when you put the game back in? as I say not 100% on this like, if they were "modded" and he'd taken the update then yeah you could see why as we all know not to update them.

understandable that you cant help ,pretty difficult to diagnose something without it in front of you . thanks for the reply though

my mate has exact same problem, he has not played on his PS3 for about 11 months, then his mrs bought him Fifa 12 for xmas, so he had to accept update to play game, then he played for about an hour.

next day, he thought he would have another game of Fifa, but it refuses to read ANY discs at all now, no Blu-rays, no games, nothing.

Did they update them today? As I'm sure this was released around a month ago. Will check mine when she is finished watching what ever sh1t she watches

my mate has exact same problem, he has not played on his PS3 for about 11 months, then his mrs bought him Fifa 12 for xmas, so he had to accept update to play game, then he played for about an hour.

next day, he thought he would have another game of Fifa, but it refuses to read ANY discs at all now, no Blu-rays, no games, nothing.

That sounds like his laser has died, and is unlikely to be related to an update. If he had been using it regularly, the laser would have probably went 11 months ago.

but he has only used it about 8 times in the first 12 months, then 11 months break, then 1 game/update then kaboom, nothing

Back