12v adapter forr CCTV cameras

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey,

the power supply for my CCTV cameras has gone, im not sure what the connection type is so cant replace it.

anyone know what the connection type in the pictures below is.

Attachments

• viber image2.jpg
    viber image2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 19
  • viber image1.jpg
    viber image1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
  • viber image.jpg
    viber image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 17
It's a dc tip connector plug. They come in various sizes but yours may be the 1.7mm one.
Measure the diameter of the hole.
If it's a fault with the actual power supply and not a break in the cable/plug assembly then reuse it. Find a 12v psu of 2.5A or greater and solder/ twist and tape the old connector onto it.

its a fault with the plug itself as it no longer lights up when plugged in.

after measuring it, the hole in the middle is just over 2mm so it looks its 2.1mm plug.

What does the 5.5mm mean is that the depth of the hole?

i think i found one on the bay,
Thanks for the amazon link IANB but they rob me blind for postage to Ireland. £12.99 is what they usually charge.

its a fault with the plug itself as it no longer lights up when plugged in.

after measuring it, the hole in the middle is just over 2mm so it looks its 2.1mm plug.

What does the 5.5mm mean is that the depth of the hole?

i think i found one on the bay,
Thanks for the amazon link IANB but they rob me blind for postage to Ireland. £12.99 is what they usually charge.
The 5.5mm is the width of the barrel, the metal part

looks like the one i bought was slighty too big. im going to cut it and attach the connector from the broken adapter

no POE but i will probably upgrade in the future but its way down my list as they the cameras in my parents.

Reactions: MH
I cut the cable and added the old connector to the new power adapter and it working like a dream now.

thanks

Back