Zyxel modem/router

Darklordsbane

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys
In a load of bother with my Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 modem/router. I used to have it hooked up to my technomate 6900 super worked fine but like the miserable moron that I am I turned it off for the summer as there was no premiership, Tried to reconnect it yesterday and zilch. I have tried everything i can think of including factory re-setting the Zyxel modem/router and now I cannot reach the advance settings tab on my routers homepage. WLAN (WiFi) is also switched off.
Anybody any suggestions..? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance
Regards. DLB

have you tried a hard reset, so hold the reset button in for about 30 seconds, do you get issued an IP address on your pc?

Hi Dibbers
thanks for taking the time to reply,
yes I have an ip address on my pc, no I just clicked it on and off, but also used a pin into the little hole to reset it again just pushed once, which one do I hold for 30 seconds, tht black square button on the rear of the box or use a pin in the hole
Regards
Dlb

Hi,

Just wondering if you can elaborate a little with the problem. Im guessing your TM is set to static or dhcp? Have you set up any rules on your router for specific mac address to specifc devices? Can you take a screen grab of the page you can see and post it? Ive taken one of mine just to compare, as Im just wondering what you can and cant see - from there we should be able to work the problem out :)

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg27/scaled.php?server=27&filename=32887735.jpg&res=landing

Im guessing you can get to the main page of the router from your PC?

to do a hard reset then you hold the pin in the whole for at least 20 - 30 seconds, this clears the nvram and resets it, pressing it once is just a soft reset.

I'm reading it back, so can you get to the config page and it's just the extra settings page that you can't get too?

Hi Shabbaranks.
Thanks for the reply
I don't know how to load a link from drop box so I have done a screen shot (Removed as has IP address in) hope it works also my son probably has something set up for his xbox but I don't know if it's a specific address
Regards
Dlb

Last edited by a moderator:
I would remove the pic (just because it has your public IP address). Have you factory reset your router? As from the left hand side you dont seem to have the config menu available? In the top right hand corner there is a wizard option, can you try running through that? Is this your main router? Ive taken a screen grab and circled it (top right)

Imageshack - 34463573.jpg

If you want to chat pm me with an msn contact and we can walk through possible problems.

Shabba, that's nice of you to offer to help via msn but that way others will not know what you have done and if there was a remedy for it.

Suppose you could all ways post back with your results.

(Pic removed as well as had static WAN in it)

The reason I would prefer to help via msn is that I find (when helping people whilst posting) messages can be mis-interprited or out of time. So I could be asking one question and by the time I have posted the other person has made a different post.

Just trying to do my bit for the forum, and I have a Zyxel router myself so I might be the right man for the job :) Obviously will post back the result. But I think (and I remember it happening to me) the router needs configuring through the wizard first before you can do anything else. One thing that puzzles me is that they have factory reset the router yet they are browsing the net - no ADSL auth???? Anyway Im sure we'll over come the problem between us all :)

not a problem and nice of you to offer, if you get sorted then come back and post what you done that way you and the forum can then be more knowledgeable.

Your right though it may need the initial setting up if it's gone back to stock.

Thanks and see you around.

Dibbs.

Hi Guys
Just in for work, very hot here in sunny east coast of Eire, thanks for removing the pic Shabba pm me your msn address and I will get one of my bundles of joy to log on for me as I dont use any of those social things, I will try the wizard
talk to you soon
Regards
Dlb

Hi Again
I don't have that wizard shortcut you kindly show in you pic all I have is help log out and a big gap between those options
any ideas,
I got a loan of a brand new Vodafone modem/router still in it's box and tried that, it connects fine much better signal strenght than the Zyxel, but it wants me to Authenticate it with a username and password,
I rang Vodafone they said even though I'm not with them for broadband the router should work if I ring Digiweb to get my details, I did that Digiweb said Vodafone routers will only work on Vodafone but gave me the details anyway I tried to connect but invalid info, back with the zyxel again stuck again net works wireless and land line but cant do anything with it
Regards
Dlb

try another browser to get to the config page...could be a java thing for the home page of the router.....

Last edited:
I use firefox but I'll give the dreaded IE a go
thanks for the suggestion
Dlb

Tried IE no different,
Have to cook dinner now then off to the cinema to see the new (pretend) Bourne movie I hope it's not too bad
Talk to you guys tomorrow, don't be shy with suggestions the only bad idea is the one you didn't think about
Thanks again
DLB

you know when you have it connected do you get a steady ADSL light on the front of it?

What does this bit mean in your previous post?

back with the zyxel again stuck again net works wireless and land line but cant do anything with it

Hi Dibbers,
It means I cannot get into the settings to connect to my Technomate 6900 super before Saturday at 3pm
Regards-off out now, talk to you tomorrow,
DLB

Its the Zyxel router, like I said I had the same issue on mine whereby the settings\config section wasnt below the router model number. Darkslord I'll pm you my msn and we can go through a few bits...

Hi Again
sorry I haven't been back in touch Shabbaranks and Dibbers
Ive been flat out at work and haven't had the time to deal with this Zyxel issue,
anyway it turns out my son got fed up waiting on me to get my finger, out so he rang our isp tech support, they gave us a new router (Technicolor even though its white), I only just hooked it up it seem very good but I haven't tried my Technomate 6900 super yet, I will let you know how I get on with that. enough about that.
I want to publicly thank Dibbers and Shabbaranks for doing your best for me especialy Shabbaranks who pm'ed me with an offer of further assistance, I was touched by your genorusity of giving up your time
Thanks you so much
Dlb

Back