sky router wont connect to net

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey guys i recently got sky broadband and since ive had it ive had problem after problem.

at first it wouldnt maintain a connection and the speed was a lot lower than it should have been and I found out disabling UPNP on the router helps the connection problem and it did.... for a while

my speed problem is continuous and ive been told its because they are checking the best speeds for it which is ok as long as it gets better after the ten days

buttttt the connection problem has absolutely stumped me and Sky. Ive tried changing the microfilters removing the ring wire and rebooting and resetting the router etc.

Sky have said a different thing each time i ask about it and now its because of the quality of the line.

Funny thing is when i make a call off the landline the broadband connects flawlessly until i hang up the phone......confusing right?

ive tried all sorts of combinations of plugging in router and landline etc. and if it makes any difference the phone line was put in new a week ago (thursday 1st july) and they put a socket on the wall that has two telephone outputs, it is not pre-filtered and i have a microfilter attached.

Also there is a lot of interference on the phone line

can anyone help?

thanks in advance

hey just an update for you.

I reported this fault to sky again and someone came out to check the line for noise, he found no noise on the line and now there isnt any, he did say that he was messing in our green box before he came and that a loose wire may have been the fault. But since then my broadband has been fine and there's no more inerference.

Speeds are still lower than expected only 0.4 mb/s but it hasnt been the 10 days yet so we'l see how it goes.

When I first got sky bb, I always knew I wouldn't hit the full 20mb but the first ten days it was under a meg now it manages a whopping 3meg lol so you should see an increase soon :)

When I first got sky bb, I always knew I wouldn't hit the full 20mb but the first ten days it was under a meg now it manages a whopping 3meg lol so you should see an increase soon :)

Seriously is it this bad? Is it the same for O2 and the like?

On my VM connection it is always 20meg until i hit the caps, how can sly sell broadband that differs so much from the advertised speeds?

Back