Zoostorm Laptop £400 i5, 16gb Ram + 1TB Hard Drive - No O/S

Never used a zoostorm laptop before, but £400 for a i5 and 16GB ram, amazing find mate.

and with the windows 8 at 24 quid :)

bargain.

Mick

If anyone is doubting this then please don't zoostorm was the first ever prebuilt pc i brought as i usually build up pcs myself but at the time i didnt have no parts or cash and my pc went up the blink.Ive been running it now for around 3 years without no probs at all.My brother owns a zoostorm lappy and i believe he got around the same time.So this is a bloody good bargain if only i had the money i would deffo get one of these.I don't do hardly any serious gaming so cant really comment on that side of things but for media and multi tasking its brilliant.

If anyone is doubting this then please don't zoostorm was the first ever prebuilt pc i brought as i usually build up pcs myself but at the time i didnt have no parts or cash and my pc went up the blink.Ive been running it now for around 3 years without no probs at all.My brother owns a zoostorm lappy and i believe he got around the same time.So this is a bloody good bargain if only i had the money i would deffo get one of these.I don't do hardly any serious gaming so cant really comment on that side of things but for media and multi tasking its brilliant.

Sounds like a right bargain then!

Mick

First impressions of this laptop are good, couple of things I didn’t really like, the track pad is slightly offset to the left and the battery is very slim. I don’t think it will last more than a couple of hours and the keyboard feels a little cramped. The screen is a nice widescreen. It seems quite sturdy, made in plastic with faint looking stripes on the outside cover. There is one usb 2 on one side with two usb 3 on the other side (blue colour) with a HDMI port
It certainly runs much, much cooler than my dv6, however I do not have anything really installed as yet. It looks as if the main parts are easily accessible from the bottom as under then 2 panels that can be unscrewed (I can see the fan, heat sink and copper pipe, the other I guess is for the hard disk)
I have attached some info from speccy about the hardware installed and a couple of pics if anyone is interested :)C360_2013-02-14-09-03-12.jpgC360_2013-02-14-09-04-22.jpgC360_2013-02-14-09-05-07.jpgView attachment ZoomStorm Hardware Info.txt

I have found Zoostorm pc's to be excellent value for money. I have Zoostorm 11.5" Windows tablet which is a really great piece of kit. Cannot fault them.

Its back in stock :) currently 203 left

I just realized the laptop actually has an Intel Core i5 3320M @ 2.60GHz

but the site seems to suggest it has a Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz so thats a bit of a bonus :)

The other thing I noticed was that it has slow ram installed but that does not really bother me

16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz but I guess according to http://ark.intel.com/products/64896

you could get upto 32GB Ram

Zoostorm Laptop - Laptops | Ebuyer.com

Last edited:
Cheers, been shopping around for weeks now looking for a bargain. This fits the bill and ordered; when I began the order it still said 203 left, but adding to basket showed 49 left. So going fast.

(Conning buggers, went back to page and it says 202 in stock, lol)

Last edited:
To be honest this is a hot deal compared to what else I have recently seen and they seem to sell out real quick

Last edited:
I bought a win 8 icore5 8gb ram desktop from ebuyer (zoostorm model) no issues at all , I would recommend the brand to anyone

Ive just orderd one on the 12 month finance agreement total £440 over 12 month went through straight away cant wait for me new toy yippee I was going to make a home build untill I seen this :)

Looks like this is going to be nice for gaming as well, as on the intel site there is a list of games that are optimized for this intel HD 4000 graphics output, including modern warfare and some other top titles.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Ive just orderd one on the 12 month finance agreement total £440 over 12 month went through straight away cant wait for me new toy yippee I was going to make a home build untill I seen this :)

Bad boy,spending money you don't have,

Your not in politics by any chance ;)

Bad boy,spending money you don't have,

Your not in politics by any chance ;)

I was only £100 short lol, I have been saving up for a new home build desktop, now I have a few quid spare to buy 32 GiG of better ramm.

I think I will dedicated my old lappy with the i3 and 8gb ramm to a oscar server :) you know it makes sense.

:nopity:

Last edited:
Well that was a fast delivery I picked free option upto five days but it arrived today :) Just wondering what OS to put on it, I mint even go with linux mint.

It's very well built nice weight to it, keyboard is huge well spread out, screen looks larger then it is for for some reason, scroll pad is to the left abit which feels unusual but, I am sure after an hour or so it will be fine.

Last edited:
Anybody else bought one of these I cant find the driver for the wifi card Ive tried driver genius and tried to find what card is in side with speccy and stuff but just no joy It is not even showing up ?

Any Input please lads :)

Didn't you receive the cd with the drivers on there, There is a wlan driver under the option drivers tab. Have you installed that one. I am guessing you have not had a look in that tab for the other drivers, some you can use others you cant as the items are not actually installed on the laptop but the WLAN is there. I only used the drivers on the cd and had no issues at all with any drivers

forgot to mention what OS have you installed as I am using win7 however if you are using linux as your previous comment seems to suggest you may. Then you may have an issue as apparently the wireless card is incompatible with ubuntu distros, some report changing the card worked

have a look at some of the comments on the ebuyer site at the bottom

Last edited:
Didn't you receive the cd with the drivers on there, There is a wlan driver under the option drivers tab. Have you installed that one. I am guessing you have not had a look in that tab for the other drivers, some you can use others you cant as the items are not actually installed on the laptop but the WLAN is there. I only used the drivers on the cd and had no issues at all with any drivers

forgot to mention what OS have you installed as I am using win7 however if you are using linux as your previous comment seems to suggest you may. Then you may have an issue as apparently the wireless card is incompatible with ubuntu distros, some report changing the card worked

have a look at some of the comments on the ebuyer site at the bottom

I found a working driver after about 3 hours of hunting so everything is fine, I have W7 Ultimate running fine on it now, great stuff I am very impressed with this lappy it knocks socks off my wifes sony vaio which cost her over £600 so very happy with this buy :)

View attachment realtek_819xce_1005.37_2000.2-w7-8.rar <<<<<<< Here is the driver for anyone installing W7 as the W8 one supplied on the setup disk does not work with W7.

Last edited:
Back