Zoostorm Laptop £400 i5, 16gb Ram + 1TB Hard Drive - No O/S

The drivers that came on the CD with mine all worked worked straight away

I got two drivers disks one labled windows 8 drivers and manual and the other just labled drivers and manual with no system on, all the drivers worked on my windows 7 ultimate 64 Installation apart from the wi-fi card ?

I tried both disks it enabled the bluetooth but not the wi-fi. After I installed the drivers, I done a update with driver genius and all of them needed updated anyway the chipset and graphics the most important I think as it improves excelleration for gaming ?

I am installing BioShock as I type and also have black ops II downloading so I will see if it can handle some decent games.

What's the battery life like, seen a couple of comments saying its only an hour.

Also what's the build quality like ?

What's the battery life like, seen a couple of comments saying its only an hour.

Also what's the build quality like ?

I have got more than an hour out of the battery, cant give you an exact time but more like 2, 2 and a half hours. I have not really installed much on it but the battery is a skinny LI-ION battery (11.1v - 4400mah - 48.84 wh)

Funnily enough I was going to see if I could find out about a replacement before I need it so have the details to hand :) as I didn't want to have to look for it when I actually do need it later

The battery model number is C4500BAT-6 (simplo) Made by Clevo Co. Seem to cost about £30 for a replacement

The build quality is good, just that the keyboard feels a little cramped.

I clicked the buy link at 8pm last night and its arrived this morning!

just wondering what os to install now (win7 i think)

Ordered one of these today they seem a great deal for the money

To any owners on here, how do you rate the screen on this laptop? I'll be using for autocad work etc

To any owners on here, how do you rate the screen on this laptop? I'll be using for autocad work etc

Display Quality is mint mate for being only "15.6" HD LED, it looks larger for some reason, and the Intel 4000HD Intergrated Graphics card is fantastic for a Intel anyway.

I have prototype II, BioShock, Black ops, StarCraft II, All installed and running smooth as anything, also the HDMI output is flawless and hooks up to my 60inch LG no probs at all :mad:)

Hi there,

I realize this is not a new thread but I have the exact same Zoostorm laptop model and I've been running into some major issues. It has to do with the hard drive.

What's happening periodically is that the laptop (with Win7 64bit installed) will hang. Upon reboot it will go into startup repair. Then it won't be able to repair itself. When I run a disk check utility a ton of bad sectors appear, usually in the very beginning of the drive. Once I format and reinstall it works great for a period of time that varies between a few days and about a month. Then the scenario repeats. I saw Skinz had posted some hardware info, but as I'm a new use I can't seem to open the .txt file. At this point I think I'll have to probably replace the hard drive with a brand new one, but I don't know which make and model to order.

Also my laptop is now over an year old and quite possibly out of warranty. I had contacted Zoostorm support on a dead pixel issue but they were not very helpful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I realize this is not a new thread but I have the exact same Zoostorm laptop model and I've been running into some major issues. It has to do with the hard drive.

What's happening periodically is that the laptop (with Win7 64bit installed) will hang. Upon reboot it will go into startup repair. Then it won't be able to repair itself. When I run a disk check utility a ton of bad sectors appear, usually in the very beginning of the drive. Once I format and reinstall it works great for a period of time that varies between a few days and about a month. Then the scenario repeats. I saw Skinz had posted some hardware info, but as I'm a new use I can't seem to open the .txt file. At this point I think I'll have to probably replace the hard drive with a brand new one, but I don't know which make and model to order.

Also my laptop is now over an year old and quite possibly out of warranty. I had contacted Zoostorm support on a dead pixel issue but they were not very helpful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

To be honest @mutaves,

I had the same with a dell laptop, I just think that the hard drives do go mate, and they need replacing from time to time.

Not sure about the pixels, My kids Acers are completely screwed - they have massive large green patches in places and I have replaced two screens now and they are much better.

But as far as hard drives go pal, they are moving parts, and will always be one of the first items that go pal.. get a new drive matey.

Mick

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Mick. I've been getting the same idea. However I can't seem to find the hard drive model or preferably a list of compatible laptop hard drives for this Zoostorm. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply Mick. I've been getting the same idea. However I can't seem to find the hard drive model or preferably a list of compatible laptop hard drives for this Zoostorm. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would think any 1TB(or less) 2.5" SATA hard drive should be compatible. Have you searched for a service manual?

Even if it's not booting to the OS, you should be able to obtain the hard drive model number from the BIOS and/or boot menu. G̶o̶o̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶i̶n̶g̶?̶)̶ Searching the internet for the model number will often get you the spec sheet for that drive, or at the very least enough info to find out whether it's IDE or SATA.

Last edited:
Even if it's not booting to the OS, you should be able to obtain the hard drive model number from the BIOS and/or boot menu. G̶o̶o̶g̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶(̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶i̶n̶g̶?̶)̶ Searching the internet for the model number will often get you the spec sheet for that drive, or at the very least enough info to find out whether it's IDE or SATA.

Thanks for your reply! I tried that and the model turns out to be Western Digital - WDC WD10JPVT-75A1YT0.

image_preview.jpgpxscan-120918-0006.jpg

The driver info is as follows:

Driver name:WDC WD10JPVT-75A1YT0
Version:6.1.7600.16385
Date added:6-21-2006
Manufacturer:(Standard disk drives)
Provider:Microsoft
Update date:6-21-2006
Device class:DiskDrive
Device GUID:4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318
Hardware Id:GenDisk
Install Id:IDE\DISKWDC_WD10JPVT-75A1YT0____________________01.01A01\4&B9DF460&0&0.0.0
Inf file name:disk.inf
Section name:disk_install
Capabilitys:unknown
Services:disk
HardwareIDs:IDE\DiskWDC_WD10JPVT-75A1YT0____________________01.01A01
IDE\WDC_WD10JPVT-75A1YT0____________________01.01A01
IDE\DiskWDC_WD10JPVT-75A1YT0____________________
WDC_WD10JPVT-75A1YT0____________________01.01A01
GenDisk
CompatibleIDs:GenDisk
Operating system:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

I'm no hardware expert by any means. Should I take this to be an IDE 2.5" hard disk? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I tried that and the model turns out to be Western Digital - WDC WD10JPVT-75A1YT0...
WD are a decent brand, but, as Mick said, as they all fail eventually.

If you need the capacity replace with another 1TB WD Scorpio Blue.

If you don't need the capacity, consider replacing with an SSD. As it's only SATA II, going for bleeding edge would be a waste of money. So check out the SanDisk Pluse and Corsair Nova lines.

This is great, thank you! I do need the capacity replaced so it's probably best if I go with another Western Digital. Don't mean to be obnoxious but I'm not entirely sure what the difference between these 3 WD Scorpio Blue Drives.

1) HDD Scorpio BLU 1TB 2.5 SATA 3Gbs 8MB | Ebuyer.com

2) HDD Laptop Mainstream 1TB SATA 3GBs | Ebuyer.com

3) HDD Scorpio BLU 1TB 2.5 SATA 3Gbs 16MB | Ebuyer.com

I use the laptop for music production (recording, editing, mixing etc.) and some video production as well.

Cost is not really an issue, but like you said I don't want to waste money on capacity that won't be utilized. If they're roughly all the same I'll just go with #1 .

Thanks for your help

Back