Sensible Topic You're fat because you eat too much...

I have put on weight during past 1-2 years. I used to be in a right shape with a right weight such as every other freak used to jealous about me. But in the near past, because of using high hours of computers and a lot of fried foods, I'm overweight now.

Surely it's up to you, as the eater, to realise eating rubbish and not moving a whole lot is gonna make you fat, simples...

In many cases, yeah. But I know one guy who's got a genetic condition that makes him the way he is. But people hide behind excuses similar to that, making people like my friend look bad.

IMO the truer statement would be "I'm fat because I'm too lazy to actually do anything about it". There are a lot of fat people who don't eat a lot and genes are also a factor in this.

However, whatever your genetic makeup, you should be able to exercise and not be a fatty. Most people are fat due to laziness.

IMO the truer statement would be "I'm fat because I'm too lazy to actually do anything about it". There are a lot of fat people who don't eat a lot and genes are also a factor in this.

However, whatever your genetic makeup, you should be able to exercise and not be a fatty. Most people are fat due to laziness.

TBH, I think its too easy to just say they are lazy. I suspect most people who are overweight not due to medical condition realise they are overweight. However a lot of people over eat due to other pressure like depression, stress and other issues. Then being overweight just adds to the problems which causes them to eat more. These need to be tackled to break the cycle.

TBH, I think its too easy to just say they are lazy. I suspect most people who are overweight not due to medical condition realise they are overweight. However a lot of people over eat due to other pressure like depression, stress and other issues. Then being overweight just adds to the problems which causes them to eat more. These need to be tackled to break the cycle.

I would say depression comes under the umbrella of a medical condition. Therefore, with the exception of those people who suffer from a medical condition. The majority of people are fat because they are lazy. There are always exceptions, but as a general rule I think this is true.

Im a little overweight just over my BMI and like others on here I like my beer. I find the gym the key to keeping the weight off twice a week 90 mins workouts cardio and some weights. I drink as much as I want eat like a horse and the weight stays off as long as I attend the gym.

It's very very simple , eat less ,smaller portions, little and often ,exercise regular , cut the crap out like sugar ,fats , biscuits,bread and fried food.Replace with fresh fruit ,veg , chicken , fish , brown wholemeal pasta, etc......

Now if you follow those basic simple rules you will not put weight on. Every nutritionist will tell you exactly the same. I'm sick of hearing people looking for some medical condition to blame when it's just down to structuring your diet and get your backside off the sofa.

Then again, isn't America (where I'm at, and where most of the obesity is) about freedom? If people are fat, let them be fat and die. It's nobody's responsibility but theirs, so why must they complain?

Then again, isn't America (where I'm at, and where most of the obesity is) about freedom? If people are fat, let them be fat and die. It's nobody's responsibility but theirs, so why must they complain?

the problem (well in the UK at least), they end up on incapacity benefits and it costs the NHS billions in treatment.

the problem (well in the UK at least), they end up on incapacity benefits and it costs the NHS billions in treatment.

A moot point. Obese people don't usually live long enough to get dementia etc. What costs the system more I wonder?

A moot point. Obese people don't usually live long enough to get dementia etc. What costs the system more I wonder?

well you can add on lost tax through lost productivity as well and I suspect benefits through not being able to work is probably quite high.

Have not read the whole thread but I can understand the mentality but to say eat too much is a little flawed.

If someone was fat as they ate normal sized portions of the wrong foods and spread out over the day, that means they are eating good portion sizes its just what they eat is full of fat and junk.

What if someone ate too much of good food like fruits and veg but large portions and more times than they should?

Everybody is different, people like to deny this but its quite common that under 25's or under 30s seem to process food better as they are still young, I know a lot of people who eat an average amount of good and bad food and pile on the pounds and I know a huge amount of students who's lifestyle is drink, takeaways and general indulgance who are either really skinny or a little overweight at most.

Taking into account what the person who eats a small to average amount of junk who piles on the weight and someone who eats excess amounts but stays slim who would you think was the bigger problem?

I personally am obese but more due to what I eat than amounts, I often starve all day and eat some junk in evening, my blood results show I have normal blood sugar, excellent cholesterol and my liver etc area all in excellent shape probably due to me not drinking or smoking and I have never been to hospital over my weight or any health issues.

You put on weight because you burn up less than you put into your body. If you are one of those who can put on weight even tho you seem not to overeat ( I have at times ), then you still need to eat a bit less and stop moaning - your body is telling you to cut down. Sugar is a killer when it comes down to u being a fatty so cut some out. Dekaman - ur absolutely right about the binging - I eat a small breakfast,small lunch, then when in from work I smash some biccies and crisps!!!!..........and I deserve to be a few pounds over budget

if you could buy will power. i went through a faze for about 4 weeks where i questioned everything i put in my mouth. i lost about half a stone. i wish i could get that mindset back again.:Cheers:
That shouldn't be too difficult. If you can remember what motivated you last time it may do the trick again. I fast two days a week- have porridge for breakfast, fruit for lunch and a stir fry for tea. I usually aim for Monday and Tuesday cos I eat what I like at the weekend! I'm usually struggling a bit by Tuesday night but as long as I drink loads of water the weight usually falls off quite easily. I could happily do this for rest of my days and my weight will stay steady!

I think that whole fast food stuff is just junk which is perfored with so many flavor enhancers that you think they taste great. Also there are studies which say that fast food makes you stupid.

I think that whole fast food stuff is just junk which is perfored with so many flavor enhancers that you think they taste great. Also there are studies which say that fast food makes you stupid.

There could be a bit of a "chicken & egg" situation with the 'stupid' bit... Does fast food make you stupid, or are stupid people attracted to fast food? (No offence to chickens or eggs!)

who cares if your fat or not, good food will always get eaten by me ;) lol i dont care if im fat!

About 5 years ago I broke a few ribs and then tore my hamstring all in the space of a few weeks. I put on weight due to inactivity.

So the diets began.

The first one was Dr Atkins. This diet really worked for me as I lost a lot of weight rapid. The problem with this diet is that constantly eating protein and f***all carbs gets boring.
I put all the weight back up quicker than I lost it.

The next diet was The Lipotrim Diet. This diet consisted of milkshakes or soup 3 times a day and nothing else. I found week 1 an absolute bas***d. I went for my weigh in after week 1 and the pharmasist told me I had lost
9 lbs. Then she asked me If I had been cheating as most ppl lose a bit more on week 1. I got a little angry at this as I was so pissed off and I was absolutly starving.....I put my 80 quid for next weeks powder shite back into my pocket and told the lady to forget it. I went home and stuck on a basket of deep fat fried chips. I covered the chips with tomato sauce and sat down in front of the tv and pigged out.

The next diet was the Ali diet. I did this for a few days and all of a sudden I couldnt fart. If I did fart I would most likely destroy myself with orange stuff....it was pretty bad.
Today Im not too bad, I eat as sensibly as I can, 3 meals a day with fruit in between. I get a chinese every 2nd Saturday night. So far so good.....Ray.

Back