Sensible Topic You're fat because you eat too much...

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
...but that's not too PC is it?

I wish I could find the news link but no. She could be an attractive woman but, apparently, it's not her responsibility. It's the fault of the retailers to point out that this mega-super-large burger with cheese at 1500 calories could just, maybe, add to your waistline...

...am I wrong? Surely it's up to you, as the eater, to realise eating rubbish and not moving a whole lot is gonna make you fat, simples...

...but that's not too PC is it?

I wish I could find the news link but no. She could be an attractive woman but, apparently, it's not her responsibility. It's the fault of the retailers to point out that this mega-super-large burger with cheese at 1500 calories could just, maybe, add to your waistline...

...am I wrong? Surely it's up to you, as the eater, to realise eating rubbish and not moving a whole lot is gonna make you fat, simples...

If only....................

Agree 100%, the problem with society nowadays is no-one wants to take responsibility for themselves, they need to have someone or something to blame.

(TT)

i'm fat and i hardly eat anything

i do however drink about twenty cans of beer five days of the week.

calories?
it's got bugger all to do with just eating.
point void!

i'm fat and i hardly eat anything

i do however drink about twenty cans of beer five days of the week.

calories?
it's got bugger all to do with just eating.
point void!

Fair enough but would you concede its your own fault?

Erm, is that 20 cans each of the five days or 20 over the whole five...

...just wondered :)

Lack of education or people being irresponsible to food education. Because food is so easy to come by now rather than having to work for it, there is less thought on what is actually being prepare.. nothing is prepared at all, they can get what they feel is a healthy horse lasanage for a quid.

i'm overweight, but although im pretty active, I dont eat what I should and I'm partial to a dominos when I cba to cook or am feeling glutonous. Is that anyone elses fault? No, I cant believe people would argue otherwise! If it tastes good its bad for you, I thought that was common knowledge?!? :Laugh:

I'm overweight but mainly because I'm a lazy barsteward,
I have a fairly good diet but probably snack a bit too much and don't do any exercise

I'm overweight, I don't exercise (just don't have the time), have a really slow metabolism (compared to my missus) but I don't consider myself to be fat (sometimes), i do "graze" a lot, but I've lost 2st+ before over about 6 weeks and can do it again if i want to, yes I have times when I get a little fed up and think i should do something about it, but I love good food too much.

The added difficulty for me is I cook, I'm the one that makes all the food, so its really hard to cook a casserole chock full of calories and then sit and watch two others eat it while your munching on a 399 calorie lasagne and a yoghurt. Don't get me wrong I make soups etc with nothing but veg, but lets face it healthy can sometimes be boring.

The problem I have with, is the cost, the idiotic idea that for some reason I have to pay (from taxes) through the NHS for some barstewered to have a gastric band fitted, recieve therapy, etc etc etc.

Not discounting those with a real need for it, but you eat...it's your fault.....sort it out yourself don't expect someone else to pick up your problem.

Last edited:
Im fat and yeah its my fault ive learnt my lesson now and started to cut right down but its also about the exercise you cant diet without the exercise i could find any excuse why im fat but i wont its purely my fault for eating the wrong things at the wrong times.I never have been able to eat early and that's the key to dieting i think right times right foods and more exercise.

I think some of these people are crazy who try to sue big companies cause they are overweight it really is crazy "oh McDonalds made me fat so ill sue them for every buck i can" What utter horse poop you bloody brought it and put it in your mouth so stop doing it and stop trying to put the blame on someone else you done it so deal with it lol.

Its a crazy world really and always remember if it tastes good its gonna put on the pounds.

...and always remember if it tastes good its gonna put on the pounds.

Crap! Loads of stuff tastes good and doesn't pile it on. Diets are crap! You can eat well and lose weight. If you gradually reduce portion sizes and walk a bit more you can lose weight easily without giving anything up - even beer ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I blame, GM, cows, fish fingers, MRM and crispy pancakes..

They all taste so damned good.

Give it a few years, there will be a study somewhere (likely America), where all bad food that was previously deemed bad, is now good for you and all good food that was really good, is now only semi-good for you, you will need to eat 52 portions of lard and drink 82 pints of milk per day, but not before you ensured you clean your PLM (no not pork luncheon meat, the new invention; personal liposuction machine)

Seriously though, these studies always contradict a previous study, or there is a new factoid that reputes some current trend towards healthy eating. I'm sure I read recently that one of these healthy living standards we all have to supposedly adhere to, isn't actually that healthy.

We are like sheep, why? because scientists in the university of Colorado spent 3.85 years studying the eathing habits of 40 males in the 26 - 38 year old category and what they ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

Last edited:
Back