YOUR questions to technomate.

Hello , i've a 6800HD , and for the last few days have been getting either a No signal or very weak signal from several TP's on Hotbird 13E. These include 11662 and 11488. They were working fine till a few days ago.

I use a communal dish that receives Astra 28e and Hotbird 13E. all the Astra channels are fine.

Thanks.

TM-7102 Programme a radio recording - problem

TM-7102 Can't timer record from radio

Almost all of promised features seem to work but I cannot set the timer to record from radio channels - they just don't come out. I can record from radio manually by pressing the Record button while tuned in (and can do this on both tuners) but if I try to set up an automatic programme, it only works if the station in question is a TV channel.

The Timer menu appears correct (ie right date, time, channel, record 'on' etc).

Has anyone managed to get this to work, or is there some special knack involved?

could some kind soul show me a link which explains how I can use softcams in my new 5402 HD please?? I have a Dragon camthnx beemacdee

Just got my TM 5402 HD up and running with the latest Phantom patch.
I also have it connecting nicely to my home Cccam server so I have my full range of channels as well.

There's a lot of good features in the box but just like my old TM 6800 the one thing that let this and all Technomates down is the ugly outdated GUI.

Even if the functionality remains the same couldn't Technomate bring the GUI up to the standards of the Sky GUI circa 1998? Is it difficult to change the fonts and drop the cheesy pictures?

On a slightly more serious note, if the LAN feature allowed the USB disk to be visible across the home network this would allow patches etc to be applied via LAN and recordings could be shared across the LAN too.

Re: Could LAN be enabled in order to record to NAS ?

I have one question that is buggering me a while : Technomate models like the 6000 super / 7000 series / TM5402HD

Would it be possible to use the LAN and do a mapping towards a another share on the network ?
CIFS / SAMBA / NFS / ...

Could this be implemented ?

I'm sure lots of people would like to see this happen.
If it is not possible, please tell us ! So we can stop asking :)

I have one question that is buggering me a while : Technomate models like the 6000 super / 7000 series / TM5402HD

Would it be possible to use the LAN and do a mapping towards a another share on the network ?
CIFS / SAMBA / NFS / ...

Could this be implemented ?

I'm sure lots of people would like to see this happen.
If it is not possible, please tell us ! So we can stop asking :)

This is closer than you think m8 ;) The attached pictures are from the upcoming firmware, pics taken on a 5402

Last edited:

This is closer than you think m8 ;) The attached pictures are from the upcoming firmware, pics taken on a 5402

I second that request and look forward to not having to copy everything to external HDD, tramp upstairs, load onto computer...

Also very much look forward to being able to record from radio using built-in timer and not having conflicting TV programmes over-ride my channel selection!

Thanks

On my tm5402HD does not display wide-screen on some channels I notice it most on bbc1 and stv when I use Freeview it shows wide-screen as does the cable from Smallworld yet the TM does not, other channels work fine when transmitting in wide-screen.
Any ideas as to why setting is set to 16.9.
:proud:

from what Ive read from the linux boxes, Technomate cant seem to grasp 4:3/16:9 auto switching
if thats what you mean :)

from what Ive read from the linux boxes, Technomate cant seem to grasp 4:3/16:9 auto switching
if thats what you mean :)

No all connections are independent as I have only one HDMI on the TV.

I do have an auto switch as well but still get the same results. The switch is connected to a Humax hd box have tried and the TM5402hd and the Humax is the same tried Humax but better talking to a brick wall, have found out these channels are supposed to be transmitted in 16.9 or are they. I know not all programs are 16.9 but have looked when they are on just to make certain.

Just had a look two films on at the moment one on BBC1 in 16.9 shows ok but the one on ITV full screen yet is in 16.9 on the cable and freeview. The are also advertised as 16.9.
:salute:

Last edited:
As a lot of channels are transmitting Audio Description in there programmes is there a way that this can be disabled on the TM mine is a TM5402HD. as I do not need this facility at all and would like to disable it. Have tried the Subtitle button but there is nothing in there to disable the AD on the box. I can do it on my Humax by using the settings but there is nothing on the TM settings for this.

First thing that was tried nothing there to disable Audio Description

there should be 2 english language options, on a dreambox etc it says eng & and [nar] as well as the AC3 option, im sure i saw 3 options but named differently on the standard TM (but could be wrong)

there should be 2 english language options, on a dreambox etc it says eng & and [nar] as well as the AC3 option, im sure i saw 3 options but named differently on the standard TM (but could be wrong)

Thanks for that will have a look when the next AD is transmitted, could be I never tried to see if there was another audio channel there when the Audio button is pressed. Will let you know how I got on .

:proud:

Had a look have two channels transmitting AD this afternoon will have a look at the options then Many Thanks Digidude

Have had a look at the Audio prior to later, on the menu I have (1)Language(1) and second choice is(2) English ac3(2) if I change the settings in the systems menu, default is Dolby spdif to Dolby HDMI I loose adudio on the English ac3 will see what happens later .Mine is normally set to Dolby HDMI.

Last edited:
Just got a tm500 super, however when do a channel scan only get a few channels a lot of channels missing, if I use tonedeff's channel list i get wrong data tranmission on a lot of the channels including channels like bbc1.

Dish and lnb are fine as running a tm600 also

Any ideas

TM5402hd Audio Description

Had a look on channels that were transmitting Audio Description today so that I could disable it.

On main menu select System Settings then A/V output settings, select Digital Audio, there you will find 3 settings, Dolby SPDIF - PCM and Dolby HDMI select any of the first two options. Now press exit, save changes then exit button twice

Next press the Audio Button select Audio track English ac3 or English not all channels have the English ac3 on them then press the OK button.

That's it no more Audio Description, the only thing to look for is if you select Dolby HDMI you will not get the Audio Track English ac3 or English as the audio is disabled and only leaves you with (Language 1) . This seems to apply only to HD Channels.

If you require the Audio description then just change the Audio Track Back to Language 1.

:Wave:

Many Thanks to Digidude for his Advice in pointing me in the right direction to get this sorted out

(Quote) BBC
It is an extra audio commentary for blind or partially sighted people. When there is a gap in the dialogue on TV or at the theatre, for instance, an extra voice jumps in to explain anything visual going on so that visually impaired people can follow the plot.

Last edited:
What can you get with the 5420? I was going to get a spider box but didnt bother as ive always been happy with my technomate:banana:

The only thing the spiderboxes had 'over' the technomates, was the 'gift'

now thats gone, people are starting to realise the extras that the TM has, including new bits

7 day epg
youtube
flawless cccam connectivity
google maps
rf modulator
built in divx player
internet radio streamer

and more

Back