Yet Another Newbie Question....

B

bOB bUILDA

:Chainsaw: Hi Folks...
One of my bosses has a 1.8m dish that he hasn't used in years. motor, dish and cable are available. He also has a Pace MSS 500IP analogue receiver.
The Pace MSS 500IP analogue receiver is now defunct (i believe(??))

He's going to let me have it all for peanuts - What do I need to get it up and running? And is it worth it!!?? What additional equipment do I need and how much would it be please.

I have an elvis & a gold card I used to use on an old terrestrial system..(Can you guess which:Clap: ?) Can I use them on a satellite system?

Also, What does 'patched' mean and do I need a CAM... ETC Etc.. (Bloody newbies...)

Any advice greatfully recieved..
:D:

Originally posted by bOB bUILDA
:Chainsaw: Hi Folks...
One of my bosses has a 1.8m dish that he hasn't used in years. motor, dish and cable are available. He also has a Pace MSS 500IP analogue receiver.
The Pace MSS 500IP analogue receiver is now defunct (i believe(??))

He's going to let me have it all for peanuts - What do I need to get it up and running? And is it worth it!!?? What additional equipment do I need and how much would it be please.

I have an elvis & a gold card I used to use on an old terrestrial system..(Can you guess which:Clap: ?) Can I use them on a satellite system?

Also, What does 'patched' mean and do I need a CAM... ETC Etc.. (Bloody newbies...)

Any advice greatfully recieved..
:D:

yes m8 the dish/ motor would be ok but u would need a universal lnb
i presume the analogue system has either a built in positioner or does it have a seperate postioner ? any way if the latter great u would need this
u would need a new stb (digital)
the elvis and gold card can be used on the muktisat system but usually we use silver/fun which can be done with an elvis (long live the king)
patched means the internal cam has had the software changed to enable it to descramble more types of scrambleing systems
eg:seca/irdeto etc

:D: :D:

Don't suppose an **dig box would be any use would it?

Back