Yet another 500s darkstar problem

nice 1 @m4rkyw ...

done a back up ... you were right ... is very fast.

learnt something new tonight ... have a bit of rep ...

You as well @Fergalsworld ... am going to grab my daughters netbook after she falls asleep , and get to grips with telnet on xp

@manx

Last edited:
nice 1 @m4rkyw ...

done a back up ... you were right ... is very fast.

learnt something new tonight ... have a bit of rep ...

@manx

iv used it many times only time it failed i had to use DreamUP to reflash but that was because i was doing it wireless so always use ethernet lead, glad you got it :Cheers:

Last edited:
hi

its an old post so here it is remember if flashing image name image backup.img

iv always used FlashWizord pro to make backups and flash mate i only use DCC when i have to as it takes longer

click on "Install a firmware into FLASH memory" and you will see "flash image backup" click on that to do a backup then reflash the image to other box where you see "Drag&Drop a fle here" . need to setup your settings first

Program here

O you star, that sorted it yippy, wifey also says thanks cause i promised her a brew after this problem was sorted , she been waiting hrs now :) ............. Kettle on

many thanks @bob ...

that will be handy ... now i'v just got to get my daughter to sleep lol

@manx

glad to help mate i know what them women are like when they've not got our full attention :)

Brew has been made .........

However slight problem for me, my original receiver has all the MTV channels but the 2nd receiver after flashing with a copy of the first has Switch cannot be found, had this problem in the past but never been able to sort it ....... any ideas ?

Think the problem above has something to do with the transponder freq i manually added to the original receiver to get all the missing channels i was originally suffering from. My original receiver has MTV DANCE on 11.894 v 27500 2/3 but when i search for this on my 2nd receiver it finds nothing for some strange reason, signal levels are 95/98 so i know thats fine.

Is there something in the setting of the 2nd receiver that may be different from the ones in the 1st ? maybe something i can update ?

Are both boxes on a fixed dish or one on a motor?
you could try setting the problem one up as using a motor (even if its not on one) put your long and latitude in see if that gets rid of the switch not found problem.

Yes its just a single fixed dish and lnb, tried that and it doesnt sort the problem :(

Last edited:
Try these ones, if that don't work you could try the commando image but they use a different format of bouquets and services
i can upload them to if you need them

Last edited:
Can you upload an image ( or link them ) that works perfectly with that bouquet ? would save me alot of problems :) and alot of mixing and matching

Last edited:
Can you upload an image ( or link them ) that works perfectly with that bouquet ? would save me alot of problems :) and alot of mixing and matching
Those bouquets are from darkstar image, the commando image is here.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorted ............ Problem ended up being a knackard cable from the dish, changed that and Switch cannot be found removed :)

Back