Xbox360 games on virgin newsgroups

? @wizard... you tell me mate how i endid up with no video on that game and the burn went with no problems at all ..even when i took the game out m8 i still had a black screen on the 360..had to switch 360 off then back on again after i had that game in it..

the game we did im onabout on msn

At a guess I would say it was simply a bad burn mate...just because the burn completed successfully does not mean that the disc wasn't faulty mate

I once had a chat with the guy who created Par files, I asked him to explain the basics of it, after a long laborious chat I had to take two Anadin extra and go to my bed.

Par files are the creations of druids.

I think the basics of how they work is actually very simple mate lol

par files want shuvin up mr par files botty...

Parity files are tools used to assist in data recovery.

Basically a set of files are analyzed, and a group of 'parity files' are built, that record the structure of the files to be protected. If any of the protected files are lost, the parity files can analyze the remaining pieces, and rebuild the missing file by evaluating the structure of all the remaining pieces and the present parity files.

Even if one or more of the parity files are missing, the remainder of the set can still rebuild missing original files, if there is enough of the backup present. If too many files are missing, the parity files will not have enough base data to work with.

Parity: A Parity is the difference within a set of binary code. the parity of 1-0 is 1, 0-0 is 0 and 0-1 is 1, therefore lost data can be rebuilt based on the parity of a set of code.

what do the torrents offer mate? lol

ive tried the following
alt.binaries.dvd
alt.binaries.boneless
alt.binaries.dvd.ntsc

this is a deperate situation bobby is about to be killed jenna still doing time but i dont have the last disk and our lass is doing my head in

lol...are you absolutely sure there is a disc 5b mate? maybe that was how season 8 ended?

think ill give the SSL with grabit a little test. i know grabit dont support it direct but ill try with the little tut here

Easy to setup mate....give it a go :) let us know if you notice any real difference in your download speed when you're up and running :)

am currently on 20mb and i hit 2300 most of time never under 2100 and i thought that was bad for 20mb

Same as my mate who's on 20mb...don't understand why witchy is getting such appaling speeds???

According to Ngroups they are still having probs with ssl, I really dont care aout it but I would probably use it if it worked. I only have a 4mb line and only max out around 490, that suits me and VM are upgrading us to 10mb soon so that will make it faster. Its not enough for me to change to giganews though, stuff them I dont care if they know what I download.

Looking forward to the free upgrade me lol..I used to pay for the 10mb when it first arrived but dropped back down after a couple of months as the 4mb was fast away for my needs...will take it as a freebie though :) lol

follow the tut and you will be sorted m8 i done it no probs

Glad you got yours sorted mate :)

anyone able to help with SSL setup on Ngroups. ive setup stunnel as following:-
[nntp]
accept = 563
connect = news.ssl.Ngroups.NET

Which is at the bootom of the config and saved

Grabit is configures
hostname is 127.0.0.1
and also put username and password right

but i get this in the stunnel log and Grabit doesnt connect

2008.04.06 17:38:49 LOG3[244:1432]: Error resolving '127.0.0.1': servname is not supported for ai_socktype (EAI_SERVICE)
Cannot resolve 'news.ssl.Ngroups.NET' - delaying DNS lookup

ive activated SSL on Ngroups too.

I can see what ive done wrong. Grabit is also using port 563

anyone able to help with SSL setup on Ngroups. ive setup stunnel as following:-
[nntp]
accept = 563
connect = news.ssl.Ngroups.NET

Which is at the bootom of the config and saved

Grabit is configures
hostname is 127.0.0.1
and also put username and password right

but i get this in the stunnel log and Grabit doesnt connect

2008.04.06 17:38:49 LOG3[244:1432]: Error resolving '127.0.0.1': servname is not supported for ai_socktype (EAI_SERVICE)
Cannot resolve 'news.ssl.Ngroups.NET' - delaying DNS lookup

ive activated SSL on Ngroups too.

I can see what ive done wrong. Grabit is also using port 563

accept = 119 it should be mate as thats the port that Grabit uses :)

try this for your setup...

Find the line ";client = yes" and remove the semicolon ( ; ). A semicolon at the start of a line causes it to be ignored, which you want to override. Add the following lines to the bottom of the file:

[nntp]
accept = 119
connect = news.ssl.Ngroups.NET:563

accept = 119 it should be mate as thats the port that Grabit uses :)

try this for your setup...

Find the line ";client = yes" and remove the semicolon ( ; ). A semicolon at the start of a line causes it to be ignored, which you want to override. Add the following lines to the bottom of the file:

[nntp]
accept = 119
connect = news.ssl.Ngroups.NET:563

trust me to miss the SSL port on the end of connect haha all working now thanks mate rep added:banana:

I think the basics of how they work is actually very simple mate lol

Parity files are tools used to assist in data recovery.

Basically a set of files are analyzed, and a group of 'parity files' are built, that record the structure of the files to be protected. If any of the protected files are lost, the parity files can analyze the remaining pieces, and rebuild the missing file by evaluating the structure of all the remaining pieces and the present parity files.

Even if one or more of the parity files are missing, the remainder of the set can still rebuild missing original files, if there is enough of the backup present. If too many files are missing, the parity files will not have enough base data to work with.

Parity: A Parity is the difference within a set of binary code. the parity of 1-0 is 1, 0-0 is 0 and 0-1 is 1, therefore lost data can be rebuilt based on the parity of a set of code.

I understand what they do, but I'm totally perplexed as to how they do it, when i spoke to the fella he basically talked maths from beginning to end, my head was bursting with him :)

I understand parity, but I don't understand how you can rebuild an entire 100mb (out of a possible 8Gb worth) file from a small percentage of parity files, it's the work of demons!

I'm still completely lost, can you break it down for me in simple terms, and I mean REALLY simple ;)

I understand what they do, but I'm totally perplexed as to how they do it, when i spoke to the fella he basically talked maths from beginning to end, my head was bursting with him :)

I understand parity, but I don't understand how you can rebuild an entire 100mb (out of a possible 8Gb worth) file from a small percentage of parity files, it's the work of demons!

I'm still completely lost, can you break it down for me in simple terms, and I mean REALLY simple ;)

Have a little google for slyck's guide mate :) Its posted on other forums so not sure about linking ;)

OMG!

After years of being completely baffled it's suddenly just clicked and as you said, it IS quite simple, lol!!

The par files are indexes which list wether or not any given list of bits is odd or even, the par software compares existing files by adding up the same list of bits and compares it to the master index (par file), single part binaries are simple enough but what about multipart?!

trust me to miss the SSL port on the end of connect haha all working now thanks mate rep added:banana:

No worries....glad you got it sorted :) and Thanks for rep mate

OMG!

After years of being completely baffled it's suddenly just clicked and as you said, it IS quite simple, lol!!

The par files are indexes which list wether or not any given list of bits is odd or even, the par software compares existing files by adding up the same list of bits and compares it to the master index (par file), single part binaries are simple enough but what about multipart?!

As they say in binary mate...its all about the 0's and 1's :proud: lol

[QUOTE

lol...are you absolutely sure there is a disc 5b mate? maybe that was how season 8 ended?[/QUOTE]

i am sure m8 there was five double sided disks also done check and im missing three episodes

[QUOTE

lol...are you absolutely sure there is a disc 5b mate? maybe that was how season 8 ended?

i am sure m8 there was five double sided disks also done check and im missing three episodes

Well I've looked high and low for you mate and I cant find it either :( I'm assuming you originally grabbed the macro release posted to abdvdr...I'm only guessing this because their release seems to have finished at disc 5a

It is available in the uk for rental so maybe you could rip your own mate ;)

Lovefilm are offering free 14 day trials or if you want I could pm you a referral link which will give you a 30 day free trial period mate :) ....and Lovefilm also do xbox360 game rental aswell mate ;) lol

love film banned me m8 because of too many free trials :proud: and yes m8 i downloaded from abdvdr
suppose i will have to keep searching there must be another sad arse somewhere

love film banned me m8 because of too many free trials :proud: and yes m8 i downloaded from abdvdr
suppose i will have to keep searching there must be another sad arse somewhere

Fookin pains me to do it mate but I'll sort it out for you ;) lol...pm your postal addy and I'll get it sorted for you as soon as possible :)

This was never pre'd on any scene sites Dallas.S08D5B.NTSC.DVDR-MACRO

Are you sure there suppose to be 5B

This was the same question I asked mate :) ....seems strange that disc 5B was never posted :err: He did check though and said that 3 episodes were missing so I guess there must be a disc 5B? Didnt check myself but happy to take his word for it lol ...I'll shoot him if disc 5 turns up and theres no B side or its just extras though ;) lmao. Especially as it will have delayed one of my game rentals ;) lol

yup was a 5b and its on its way to you as we speak matey :) :) ...you should get it tomorrow and make sure someone is home as it was sent recorded delivery ;) :)

This was never pre'd on any scene sites Dallas.S08D5B.NTSC.DVDR-MACRO

Are you sure there suppose to be 5B

100% sure the last 3 episodes are missing they never uploaded the b side of disk 5

Deeds and Misdeeds
Deliverance
Swan Song
they are the final 3

Last edited:
yup was a 5b and its on its way to you as we speak matey :) :) ...you should get it tomorrow and make sure someone is home as it was sent recorded delivery

cheers m8 give me you email for paypal will refund you postage.

very much appreciated your a gent : thanks :

100% sure the last 3 episodes are missing they never uploaded the b side of disk 5

Deeds and Misdeeds
Deliverance
Swan Song
they are the final 3

Yes mate...episodes 28, 29 and 30 I believe :)

WillLovesDallas1.jpg

Back