wtd: top spec pc, or someone to build me one

go to www.dell.co.uk/offer or offers they're usually the cheapest and best around (that i've found anyway)

the thing with dell is its quantity not quality

i know a few peeps who got computers of them a years or 2 back and now they regretting it

the hd are unreliable and the mother board is prone to problems related to the south bridge , north birdge or cpu socket

thats why they sooooo cheap

the thing with dell is its quantity not quality

i know a few peeps who got computers of them a years or 2 back and now they regretting it

the hd are unreliable and the mother board is prone to problems related to the south bridge , north birdge or cpu socket

thats why they sooooo cheap

No they dont sell them cheap due to being prone to problems, thats a load of crap, if it was true dell would go under, but they are thriving.

they sell them cheaper than you can build them because they buy components in bulk

for example if me, or you was to buy an OEM AMD 3200+ X2 64 CPU we would be looking at £40 - £50

Dell buy them 500,000+ at a time and pay £15-£20 per cpu

Do the same for each component in the PC and you have a very cheaply built PC, Add on a decent profit, and you are still undercutting the competition.

I know people who have always bought Dell desktops and always been very happy, personaly I buy Dell Monitors, and Dell Laptops, but i like to build my desktops myself, just because its fun to do, and you can customise that little bit more to your needs.

I used to build PCs for all my friends and family, but i'm honest with them, when they come to me now, i just say get a Dell, you cant go far wrong, itle save time and effort, and you will save a few quid as well as having a support line to call instead of bugging me.

The aftersales service is fantastic too, I had my optical drive go in my 8 month old laptop (one of those things, they are lit-on made, they are not bullet proof) I phonede dell in the evening, the next morning a guy all suited up in a BMW (worked for dell, not a courier) came and brought me a brand new drive out to exchange.

am not a fan of dell comps, heard alot of bad things about them

not quite a fan of the laptops loads of probs with mobo/hd............
but got a 37 "lcd tv had no problems and excellent picture

dell are good if you like to pay big costs on repairs AVOID build your own is allways best or best a pre-built if you dont know that your doing and pay top price

A lot of my mates have dell lappys and dest tops and have never had any problems with them.

There stuff is more solid then say Advent or Alcar crap in build.

Dell sell to businesses and all over the place so they ant crap and the price issent to bad as well.

If you wont a top pc at the right dollas then go and look at MESH, you probley couldent build one for what price they do them at with all top bits ie mobo , Intel E6400 up to the conro E6000 chips cpu, ddr2 ram, vista windows, good pci-e video card,tv card, Asus mother bourd the lot.

Look at the pc you whant and then go price the bits and see what the difference is, i bet it isent a lot.

Still tink Dell are good for the dollas and ill be looking at them when i get me new lappy.

Mates got a new Advent Lappy only about 3 weeks old and the build isent as good as me other mates DELL lappy.

Nuff Siad

Back