[FS] [LAPTOP] Acer Aspire 5920G / 4GB / Blu-Ray / ATI 3450 (LX AQBOX.612)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exos

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
[Apologies I was unable to include the standard paper/evidence as the pictures where originally taken a few weeks ago for me to put them up on eBay, but I as yet haven't posted it]

I have for sale my Acer Aspire 5920G. This is a fantastic laptop with some really nice features and is a decent piece of equipment. I bought this a few years ago for my daughter and other than a few minor points which I will cover is in near perfect condition.

It's boxed with the Windows Vista Recovery Disks. I've done a fresh install from the disks so it's ready to go. The battery still holds charge, although I'll be honest I haven't tested how long for specifically, but it was a good 30 minutes plus at least. It will run Windows 7 with ease if you have the available license/media. It's been tested working and I've had it on a soak test along with using it normally before the rebuild.

Overview
The Aspire 5920 is tailored to meet the needs of the advanced home entertainment user. It gives you a comprehensive entertainment experience, including Blu-Ray support for a stunning level of detail with High Definition movies. The Intel Core 2 Duo processor alongside 4GB RAM allows for hassle free smooth-running of programs, while the 15.4 widescreen display and Dolby HD audio make for crystal clear visuals and striking sound quality.

This model offers a total entertainment package for a fantastic price. An opportunity not to be missed!

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 / 2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
RAM - 4 GB (installed) / 4 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM - 667 MHz ( 2 x 2 GB )
Hard Drive - 250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Screen - 15.4' TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA ) - 24-bit (16.7 million colours) - CrystalBrite
Optical Drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM - integrated
Graphics - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
Bluetooth - No
Notebook Camera - Integrated - 0.3 Megapixel
Other: 5-1 Card Reader
Wireless: Intel PRO / Wireless 3945ABG

TECH SPEC

Platform Technology: Intel Centrino Duo
System Type: Notebook
Width : 36.4 cm
Height : 4.4 cm
Weight : 3 kg
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 / 2 GHz Multi-Core Technology Dual-Core
64-bit Computing: Yes
Data Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Cache Memory Installed Size: 2 MB
RAM Installed Size: 4 GB
Technology: DDR2 SDRAM
Storage Controller Type: Serial ATA
Storage: Hard Drive 250 GB
Optical Storage Type: DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM / BD-ROM
Display Type: 15.4 in TFT active matrix
Max Resolution: 1280 x 800
Widescreen Display: Yes
Colour Support: 24-bit (16.7 million colours)
Audio Output: Sound card
Audio Input: Stereo microphone
Notebook Camera Type: Integrated
Input Device(s) Type: Keyboard, touchpad, 4-way scroll button
Telecom: Fax / modem
Max Transfer Rate: 56 Kbps
Protocols & Specifications: ITU V.92
Wireless LAN Supported: Yes
Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11n (draft), IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11a
Battery Technology: Lithium Ion
OS Provided: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

POINTS OF NOTE:

Because I want to ensure anyone that purchases it does so in good faith and understands each aspect of anything that they find wrong then it needs to be highlighted that I've replaced the inverter and the LCD cable as the inverter went before Christmas (common problem), the bezel at at the bottom right of the LCD screen sometimes lifts literally a few mm, but this is due to the replacement inverter and doesn't really cause any issue. I've also replaced the palmrest/touchpad due to a faulty mouse button, so effectively it's been refurbished.

On the base of the laptop near the heatsink some of the plastic fins are broken (as pictured) but this is neither visible during normal use and DOES NOT affect the performance of the laptop at all.

These are currently selling from £205 to £265 on e-Bay, unboxed and either in inferior condition, with less RAM, non blu-ray or missing the content that comes with it (no recovery CD, Bluray etc). Spares and repairs for this model go in the region of £100.

Given eBay fees account for about £22, I'm looking for around £220 and delivery is approximately £15 via RM ParcelForce Express 48 , guaranteed 2 working days up to £250 Insurance -Tracked (Priced directly from the RM site).

Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Hopefully there is enough information here for you to make an informed decision over whether it's for you.

Thanks for looking.

Exos

[Apologies I was unable to include the standard paper/evidence as the pictures where originally taken a few weeks ago for me to put them up on eBay, but I as yet haven't posted it]

IT'S A SCAM! lol...!

Jokes aside man, looks like quite a nice lap top that like. Oh and marks for such a good post laid out and that :cool:

Good luck bud.

Dibbs.!

It is mate, but I was debating for some time whether I wanted to sell it, but I came to the conclusion it would sit on a shelf and would be better served as money in my pocket :)

I've put this up on eBay for £235.00 + £15.00 Postage, so I'm willing to drop this to £210 if anyone is interested (£23.50 e-bay fees)

I also have another laptop which I will be posting, but is less spec and unboxed but is likely to go in the region of £155

wowser do they make that much in fees'! extortionate!

10% final listing fee, plus the insertion fee, plus the paypal fees.

It's ridiculous, almost puts you off selling anything and totally geared towards business sellers rather than private that can at least work in mark up.

Totally Agree! monstrous fees that like, haven't sold any thing for or above the starting bid of 0.99 to try and escape the fee, how ever that's been my downfall in the past with the odd thing I've let slip through.

Any way, Good luck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back