wtd: top spec pc, or someone to build me one

T

thommohawk

must be good spec, ei: 1-2 gig ram, good ghz pref duel core, big hd,sata, graphics card etc....

dont need a monitor or keyboard or mouse, just the base unit pref in a nice case,

pm with details,......no old junk plz, im looking for as new as i can get. seen some on egay but im sure it,d be cheaper for someone to do me one from scratch...

Last edited by a moderator:
erm what price range u looking at

and what make of graphics

processor

and mobo

i could build 1 no probs

aslong as u let me know what budget .etc

edit//

i would charge about £50 to build the comp and install operating system and all programmes .etc

stress test the system

and if somthing fails or go's wrong i'll try and fix it

ive built loads of systems and i think im very good at it

plus for me i think its very simple to build a pc

i got mine watercooled .etc

but i dont play much games so i didn't go sli

Last edited:
will be interested to know wot spec thommohawk wants and the price u want to charge cheers , work one needs a update run alot of programmes at the same time so a dual is a must

ive sent a reply to your pm mate, im not a pc gamer but i do use a lot of resouces and mine at present cant handle it ( slow as a mofo) so instead of upgrading ive decided to get a new one.

i would be interested to see what you would reccomend...im not interest in games either but i would like it to work well with home multi media networking
and added programs in the back.. i already have a P4 3 ghz with 1 gig of ram...
and i dont think it works to well....any ideas?

geecam

lol ok 1 at a time

i already know what type of budget tommohawk is looking at

so when i get him sorted or somthing

then i'll be glad to help the rest

the only thing is it takes a long time looking for a cheaper price for the components .etc

i built my tower last year

amd 3700+ 64bit cpu
asus N6600GT Silencer edition
corsair 1Gb ram
Nautilus 500 water cooling kit
Aero cool case (black)
300Gb ide seagate hd
80GB sata hd
120Gb ide hd
pioneer 111D dvd writer's X2
corsair 620W psu
2X 120mm case fans inc blue led's
2X 80mm case fans inc blue led's
a blue clode cathode
asus A8N32 SLI deluxe mobo

that is my tower setup

it cost me around £600 - £700 to build

even tho i dont play much games my graphics card can handle all the the games on the market without a problem....yet..lol

my pc temp's are

cpu: 25c - 33c depending on load

mobo: 30c constant

thats with water cooling

without it the temps will be in there 60c +

because i have mine over clocked .etc

ok been talking to tommohawk

and to what he told me i came up with a high performance pc rig

that will handle all his download needs and processing needs without crashing

if anyone can find a better spec for the price or cheaper parts to reduce the price

let me know ASAP!

its in a word doc

scan's prices are good in general, I been using them erm, must be over 15 years damn, I'm getting old. :Laugh:

i have to say i purchased all my parts from them

and never had a problem A+

service and help

there prices are top

so what u reckon of this possible setup guyz

water cooling isnt always neccesary i have a pentium d 920 cpu and that runs at 2.8ghz and can be overclocked to 4ghz with stock cooling without causing any probs to the system.

Build them yoursleves you lazy fooookers, lol. It's part of the fun using a system you cobbled together with your own hands ;)

I agree with Dutcho ,
I know sod all about computers ,but I am going to build myself a new one sometime (so I may be asking a lot of daft questions)

Lets be honest here the bits only slot in , and there are many helpful guys on here if you get stuck ......

water cooling isnt always neccesary i have a pentium d 920 cpu and that runs at 2.8ghz and can be overclocked to 4ghz with stock cooling without causing any probs to the system.

if u look on toms hardware site

it says that to get this cpu over clocked to 3.33Ghz u have to have watercooling becasue the temp it reaches is very unstable

keeps crashing with stock cooling

so thats why i said if u want to overclock it u better get watercooling for this 1

lol u rather get a e book

lots more info with better pics and stuff in a e book

pc world rip ur eye's out for price versus spec and quality

although it was a top spec package you put together mate our lass has drawn the purse strings and said if i get that i can kiss goodbye to the 42" plasma tv,

so it looks like im upgrading the old one after all, got some stuff for 250 ish, that will perk up the old thing inc a new case,

thanks for your time and effort mate but when it came down to the pc or an upgrade plus a plasma tv the latter won,

although it was a top spec package you put together mate our lass has drawn the purse strings and said if i get that i can kiss goodbye to the 42" plasma tv,

so it looks like im upgrading the old one after all, got some stuff for 250 ish, that will perk up the old thing inc a new case,

thanks for your time and effort mate but when it came down to the pc or an upgrade plus a plasma tv the latter won,

lol

no problem

im going to buy a plasma tv from curry's the lg 50" which they got on offer

i know it was over ur budget

Let me know what it's like fes, been looking at that one ;)

well m8 didn't get the 50" (too big for the room) i got the 42"(still big for the room) instead with 3yr warrenty .etc

£1300 total thats warrenty on the tv and the surround system and a nice clear glass stand

looks quite good

just got it home now

might not get a chance to try it until tommorow evening

but the main reason i got it was the 360 ...lol

the guy who got it sorted 4 me said in a yr and a half time just break it some how and claim because they will have a way better spec then

so might just do that

its covered for *accidental* damage

Back