wrong sound from the optical

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
so lads im not very good at explaining things so will try my best

ive got a pioneer vsx 922 av amp all was ok with my old bush 32inc the channel I had the tv on ie dreambox tv other dreambox the sound was coming out for what I had it on the bush went to the tv graveyard and I got a Samsung 42inc and it was the same the sound match what I had the tv on I desided the 42 inc was to big for my bedroom so for now ive change with the one thay had downstairs now this ent working rite when the amp is on tv like for the other 2 set
its a 37inc Toshiba now I put the dreambox on and the only sound that is coming out of the amp is for the dtv on the tv even when the tv is on the dreambox has anyone got a clue pls cheers tony

so lads im not very good at explaining things so will try my best

ive got a pioneer vsx 922 av amp all was ok with my old bush 32inc the channel I had the tv on ie dreambox tv other dreambox the sound was coming out for what I had it on the bush went to the tv graveyard and I got a Samsung 42inc and it was the same the sound match what I had the tv on I desided the 42 inc was to big for my bedroom so for now ive change with the one thay had downstairs now this ent working rite when the amp is on tv like for the other 2 set
its a 37inc Toshiba now I put the dreambox on and the only sound that is coming out of the amp is for the dtv on the tv even when the tv is on the dreambox has anyone got a clue pls cheers tony

Not sure on your problem??
are you trying to get audio from your dreambox and the tv's built in freeview out of the pioneer?

ok I will try again with the bush and the Samsung with the amp on tv then the tv on dreambox the dreambox sounds come out the amp if I change the tvs to freeveiw the freeveiw sound comes out the amp
but with this Toshiba with the amp on tv the tv on freeveiw I get the freeveiw sound now if I change the tv to dreambox I still get the freeveiw sound and not the dreambox like the other 2 tvs

what i do is hdmi from box to tv and run a spdif/optical or digital to amp and use the setup on the amp for 5-1 sound.

if you a spdif on tv run to amp then anything you watch on tv goes to amp not too sure if its 5-1 .

Last edited:
think i had a similar issue with a new samsung,i cant use use the spdif as my amp only has phono and when i inserted them into amp under tv input,and to sat box could not understand how i had 2 audio channels one from the tv station and music from mtv hd very weird lol,i had to move my phono connections to aux to allow the sat box to have its own port for sound and the tv supplies the sound through the scart to amp.
probably need to know what cables are going where.

On the toshiba have a look too see if there is an option in the audio menu that can be changed to 'monitor'

thanks for that but its a old tv and the setup button is ones that don't work

Back