wireless router wanted?

Trabbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help please? My son lives at his Mum's house and his mobile bill keeps exceeding the basic as he is on the internet on his phone. I would like to get him setup with wireless so he can use his iphone on that and keep his bill down. Can anyone help with a wireless router they don't need any more please?

Thanks for reading.

Cheers Big-Hol, offer much appreciated. I'm looking for one that is no longer needed and is taking up space - happy to pay postage and packing if possible. I know its cheeky but don't ask and you don't get. Alternatively, something low spec and cheap but working. I should have been more specific so apologies for being so vague. Still looking if anyone can help.

Cheers

I've got one not too dissimilar to this one going free to a good home.

I only stopped using it as I've got a superhub.

If you're interested, gimme a shout.

Zyxel_NBG-417N_282.jpg

I got a netgear unit (virgin) going. it just needs a good home.

Nice to see people helping out, nice one guys :)

Thank you Highlander, I am on vermin so I guess yours wouldn't work for me. I should have said when I posted; apologies for wasting your time.

Thanks for taking time to reply

i have a Sky router if you want it

i've got new one

Thank you Tekquest, offer much appreciated. Would that work on vermin? If so, let me know by PM and I will sort something out with you. Have added rep, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Thank you Firemouth, if things don't work out with Tekquest, I may pm you if thats okay. Really appreciate the offer, thank you for taking the time to reply.

I got a netgear unit (virgin) going. it just needs a good home.

It is exactly the sort of response I knew I would get, a great bunch of people on here. I will do my best to pass on the good will if an opportunity arises.

Thanks to anyone who took a look, it seems I may be sorted.

Nice to see people helping out, nice one guys :)

PM sent m8.

It's a Zyxel NBG334W.

I'm OK to send it at the weekend (possibly Friday).

Don't need to worry about PnP yet. Wait until it arrives, if it does the job you want it to do, then you can square up the postage.

Cheers.

Hey Trabbs,

I sent it the router by Royal Mail 1st Class at 15:29 this afternoon.

The box contained:

A Zyxel NBG334W Wireless Router
The power pack (cable chewed by previous mutt, but repaired and fully functioning for the past umpteen years)
Installation CD
Short CatV lead.
Antenna (removed from the unit to save space (can be screwed on easily))

Please don't let the VM box worry you, it was the same box my Superhub was delivered in. I'm sure Richard/Usain would appreciated the recycling aspect of it :)

If you have any problems at all, please get in touch.

No rush for the postage, I'd rather you are OK with the thing first before squaring me up.

Let me know how you get on.

Nice one Tekquest :)

It's great to see members helping each other out thats what forums should be about. Just a word of caution about routers, unless you reset them they will contain your ISP details and password so please press the reset button before donating a router and keep it pressed for 10 seconds.

Good advice, you should also change the default password used to access the router.

I reset everything back to factory default just before I switched over to the superhub (I'm very sure that I did :err:)

Glad it's all up & running m8, thanks again for the postage & additional beer money, you really shouldn't have, but I am partial to a beer :)

No problem m8, thanks for helping out.

Back