Cheap 5G Phone with tethering

Ferret

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Brother has a static caravan with good 5g reception on the site, his phone Iphone XR is obviously not 5g so hes looking for a cheap 5g phone with tethering to run a few items through 😉

He'd prefer been able to connect the phone to a standard router acting as a modem.

He would prefer not to subscribe to a Router 5g contract, his current sim is 5G with the right device.

Kind of out of my knowledge base on what phone is capable so would appreciate some options.

How cheap?
Maybe best find one on eBay thats in bad state but still works?

Last edited:
Three 5G are doing first 6 months for £10 then £20 a month for 5G home braodband
or PAYG for £24
5g.png

Three 5G are doing first 6 months for £10 then £20 a month for 5G home braodband
or PAYG for £24
View attachment 155251
Cheers Joe ive seen that one .

He has a unlimited sim though already. So he was hoping to stick that in a half decent phone and tether 3 bits of kit to it. So the Motorola G62 seems perfect.

The bit i dont get is the phone to a standard router part he seems to want.

Ships from China
Estimated between Wed, 15 Feb and Tue, 28 Mar
Yep I saw that but he may not be in a rush for it. Same as it your order off wish.

Last edited:
Connecting the phone to the router to act as the modem is the difficult bit. Caravans are not that big so range not an issue, could he not use the hotspot facility on the phone and bypass the router?

The other issue maybe how much data he gets on his plan and if he is aloud to tether / hotspot that data.

3 business is very good £10 pm (£12 inc VAT) for unlimited data with no tethering restrictions

Back