Cheap 5G Phone with tethering

Well i have just been having a play, if you get an android phone and and go into settings and select portable hot spot and select usb tethering and connect this to a lap top this will allow an internet connection. With a bare basic 5g signal sat in the lounge i can get 60mb. shared connection. I have a very old 3g router that use to take 3g dongle and connected the phone to the usb port input but i cannot get it to pass through the internet from the phone. Proves that usb tethering works though.

Cheers seems he has ordered the G62.

I'll have a play with USB tethering if he gives me the chance because im curious.

Cheers seems he has ordered the G62.

I'll have a play with USB tethering if he gives me the chance because im curious.
That's the easy bit but he will also need router with a usb input that allows sharing, maybe a usb to ethernet connector might work. Something like the ones for firesticks. I wonder if the internet passes both ways. Those new bt routers that switch to usb in the event of internet failure might be an option. We have them at work but they were a pig to get to work. This looks cheap, look on the side.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/prod...h52dEyFcZb_mJIaHaKgIBInOINklEMgYaAugQEALw_wcB

That's the easy bit but he will also need router with a usb input that allows sharing, maybe a usb to ethernet connector might work. Something like the ones for firesticks. I wonder if the internet passes both ways. Those new bt routers that switch to usb in the event of internet failure might be an option. We have them at work but they were a pig to get to work. This looks cheap, look on the side.

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/prod...h52dEyFcZb_mJIaHaKgIBInOINklEMgYaAugQEALw_wcB
He has a Asus RT-AC66U he wants to use in the caravan. This i think has teathring sharing he needs it for a dodgy box and CCTV.

Ill at some point no doubt have the pleasure of trying to get it all to work. :rolleyes:

He has a Asus RT-AC66U he wants to use in the caravan. This i think has teathring sharing he needs it for a dodgy box and CCTV.

Ill at some point no doubt have the pleasure of trying to get it all to work. :rolleyes:
Simple fix = Switch it off and on 😁

Back