wifi & wpa

marra

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi i dug out my psp and upgraded software 1st time in ages, anyway i have a linksys router with wpa encryption but i cant seem to connect to the internet i have another router with wep and it connects no problem ive googled about and there seem to be alot of posts about this saying that the psp cant connect using wpa but they was very old posts and was wondering if there was any change to that just to mention i couldnt connect before i upgraded the software, thanks.

still the same thing.......
psp's dont like wpa :grayno:

im not 100% what you mean mate but ill try lol
my psp is running 5.00 m33-6 its one of the 1st psps that was out actually its a jap import im not sure if that helps but if i can sort it any help will be appreciated, cheers.

i cant get a network conection i get something along the lines of swapping key then it fails ive tried network update and tried to play a game online everytime i get the same prob

Never got mine to connect to a wpa secured connection yet.
has your wireless router got a choice of wpa or wep?

yes mate it as a choice of both but i suppose i could change it but at the moment i have 2 routers running so i have one dedicated i suppose to the psp and one my normall network i have quite a few wireless things allready setup with wpa ps3,wii,laptop,phone etc so i would like them all on the same network but im not stuck either way but i just thought it strange when i couldnt connect. is wpa better security than wep thats the only thing stopping me from switching security at the moment to behonest.

Mine connects ok. Have you got your router set up so it only gives out a few ip addresses? Maybe there are none left over.

I go Network Settings>Infrastructure Mode>New Connection>Scan and I see my network. Security=WPA-PSK (TKIP). Select it, SSID same, WLAN Security Setting same (WPA-PSK (TKIP)), WPA Key *inhere*, Address Settings Easy, Name same, x to save. Test Connection, connecting, obtaining IP, testing internet all ok.
I'm on 5.00 M33-6 although it was fine with all the 4 psp's kicking around the house.
Netgear router, 2 different ones.

thats exactly the same as i do mate im even on the same software 5.00 m33-6, before i started using custom f/w my psp had only ever been on 1.5 legit fw could it be because i never updated to 2.0 that i never got the fix if the fix was in 2.0

finally ive sorted it the prob is/was the psp is wireless-b i had my linksys router set to wireless-g only the reason it worked with my old router is that one is wireless-b only, so i switched it to mixed speeds and it worked straight off no prob, i hope this helps somebody i cant believe i didnt think about this before now, cheers for everyones help.

Back