MESH WiFi is it much better than a WiFi Extender ?

The walls in my house seem to block almost all wifi signals and a wifi extender has not made much difference. Having just had 1 Gig speed Fibre installed I am seriously considering Mesh but would like some feed back from those who use it and are there any particular makes that you would recommend above others.

I use an older mesh system at present, by Tenda, that is limiting my wifi speeds slightly but I must admit that I like their app a lot.

I would love to upgrade soon and have come across these by TP-Link that communicate over Powerline Technology as well as over wifi for those of us that have solid, brick walls...

AX3000 + G1500 Whole Home Powerline Mesh WiFi 6 System

Keep us informed what you eventually go with.

After many emails to CCL customer service and customer complaints about them cancelling my order, I had asked the latest correspondent to forward my contact details and information about my cancelled order to their CEO, Mr. Brenchley on the 27th April.

I heard nothing so I emailed him again yesterday asking if he had forwarded my details as I could not believe that he or another director would not be appalled at how his employees had treated a customer. He replied saying that he would pass my details on.

This afternoon I got a phone call from a lady, presumably his PA, she apologised and asked if I still wanted my original order.
I said that I did, expecting her to ask for my card details, as they had refunded my original payment.

She said that she is going to arrange to send my order out free of charge to apologise for the time wasting and inconvenience.

So it has taken me about 6 weeks and around 10 emails, but I am eventually getting what I ordered, and even better than getting them at what seemed to be a bargain price, I am now getting them for free :)

Back