Wierd Pace Boot Up

Blackpudding

Inactive User
Reaction score
PACE 4001 Pure Coventry.......Mate disconnected box yesterday while decorating...Pluged back in early evening....Did a Number roll..then Errs&Lait flashed a few times...Then booted and this is the weird bit..On display went AP03..AP20..AP30 AP40etc,,,and went to channel 999..The box appears to work OK...Did I not read that "Chookey" had a similar boot sequence...Just wondering what it all means,if anything at all..

Mine to i posted about it earlier but have not had a reponse as yet, my problem is the pace is a 4010 and has stuck on AP:02 and will not work i have pulled the red jumper twice and reset the frequency and pin with no joy it still sits there on AP:02.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Is AP:02 part of the new software I wonder ?

I wonder instead of ER:02 it has changed to AP:02 ?

Just a guess :err:

PACE 4001 Pure Coventry.......Mate disconnected box yesterday while decorating...Pluged back in early evening....Did a Number roll..then Errs&Lait flashed a few times...Then booted and this is the weird bit..On display went AP03..AP20..AP30 AP40etc,,,and went to channel 999..The box appears to work OK...Did I not read that "Chookey" had a similar boot sequence...Just wondering what it all means,if anything at all..
On one of your visits to my place I showed you a video of the new boot-up process, sure you haven't dreamt it mate,:Biggrin2:, lol.
Ain't it funny that so few people have either reported this new software or even have it.?

@ draindet, if you can get into the e.m you will notice that your 4010 has an upgraded software version. Instead of something like 3_5L_non_diag you will most likely have the word administrator in that line and perhaps be on version 3_6.
AP02 is a normal part of the boot-up and has perhaps replaced nit, meaning that your 4010 hasn't found it so is unable to complete the boot-up process. Check in e.m.
Ifirst reported this new software update 2 months ago but have since removed the video clip and pics of the e.m from my posts. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/165460/.

Chookey
just remembered the non_diag isn't in the platform but probably the loader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply Chookey, yes you are right i have noticed the software change most obvious being the bright green can see emm's part.

Have you any idea how i can get the pace back up and running again?

Thanks for your reply Chookey, yes you are right i have noticed the software change most obvious being the bright green can see emm's part.

Have you any idea how i can get the pace back up and running again?
Never come across a "stuck in tune" type of fault on a 4010 before draindet but I seem to remember TBC posting possible remedies for it ages ago.
A lot of posts to search through though mate.

What you should do first is try and pinpoint what AP02 actually means. You can probably do this by getting as much info from the e.m as possible with regards to the signal. A look in the errors log page may also help.

I'm only guessing as to what AP02 stands for. Just found the video clip I made from a 4001 in my camera, this shows the full boot process.

Chookey

Error AP:02

Thanks for the reply chookey unfortunately i cant seem to open that video, however i will have to try and find out what this AP:02 means and see if anyone knows how to fix it.

its the samsung boxes that also boots up this way too, and yea the software is 3_6, i havnt seen anything about an administrator

i have also notices someghing like emm checks or summit in card status...but will have to double check this

Dabest57

The pace is still stuck on AP:02 has been for three days now, can anyone shed any light?

i have the same boot up scenario but get all the channels and every now and

and then i get the card invalid or not inserted properly but still getting the

channels its a pace 4010 just hope its not gonna go on me

Had this same thing in Herts pure a few days back... woke up and all boxes were sitting on channel 999 lol. Unplugged and rebooted em but noticed the boot sequence had changed on the sammys to the AP numbers mentioned above but all was good and booted up fine however a friend of mine phoned me later that morning and each day since saying hers is stuck on tune. Told her to pop it round to mine and I whacked it on my stream and sure enough it just sits on tune...ok I'll try the down button until boot appears on the leds but again after boot appears and I release the down button it does fook all and then eventually goes to tune...I've noticed a few times today it flicked to PAT for a bit but then just goes back to tune again...like you guys I've tried pulling the red jumper but nothing is working ...always back to tune.. its doin my nut in and I'm not much up on this cable stuff any more lol...was hoping to sort it out for her as theres a good chance I'll get my leg over when/if I sort it out and take it back round to her ;) lol

box is a pace DI4001NC ...any help to get this bugger back up and running would be greatly appreciated as I have to admit as much as I'd like to fix her free tv I'd also like to empty my sack :proud: pmsl

**update** I downloaded the video too but it says the archive is corrupt when I try to unpack it :(

Last edited:
my box has exactly the same problem to overome this i unlpugged the box from the mains then held in the chnl + & - buttons at the same time and pluged the box back in it goes past tune then the green led at the bottom lights up at this point release the buttons and the box will contiune to boot properly. dont try to press any buttons until the channel number flashes on the front of the box otherwise the box will crash. hope this helps

my box has exactly the same problem to overome this i unlpugged the box from the mains then held in the chnl + & - buttons at the same time and pluged the box back in it goes past tune then the green led at the bottom lights up at this point release the buttons and the box will contiune to boot properly. dont try to press any buttons until the channel number flashes on the front of the box otherwise the box will crash. hope this helps

Tried that mate and getting nowhere fast :( lol... its like groundhog day every time I approach this fookin' box lol. What exactly does your box display from the point when you put the power in until the point when you let go? This box has always been a bugger booting up as its nearly always had to reboot with the chnl - button held down until the word boot is displayed but atleast that always worked lol... not since this fookin' update hit it though :grrrr: lol

If I follow your method above no matter when I let go of the buttons is making no difference... It sequences pace tune nit pat and just hangs on pat if I let go after tune and I gotta be fookin quick too cos nit is up in a flash lol.

Had this same thing in Herts pure a few days back... woke up and all boxes were sitting on channel 999 lol. Unplugged and rebooted em but noticed the boot sequence had changed on the sammys to the AP numbers mentioned above but all was good and booted up fine however a friend of mine phoned me later that morning and each day since saying hers is stuck on tune. Told her to pop it round to mine and I whacked it on my stream and sure enough it just sits on tune...ok I'll try the down button until boot appears on the leds but again after boot appears and I release the down button it does fook all and then eventually goes to tune...I've noticed a few times today it flicked to PAT for a bit but then just goes back to tune again...like you guys I've tried pulling the red jumper but nothing is working ...always back to tune.. its doin my nut in and I'm not much up on this cable stuff any more lol...was hoping to sort it out for her as theres a good chance I'll get my leg over when/if I sort it out and take it back round to her ;) lol

box is a pace DI4001NC ...any help to get this bugger back up and running would be greatly appreciated as I have to admit as much as I'd like to fix her free tv I'd also like to empty my sack :proud: pmsl

**update** I downloaded the video too but it says the archive is corrupt when I try to unpack it :(

Have you tried replacing the caps as per the "Stuck in tune guide", really easy done and if it works you can post some pics of the box (and I dont mean the pace box ;) ) lol

Have you tried replacing the caps as per the "Stuck in tune guide", really easy done and if it works you can post some pics of the box (and I dont mean the pace box ;) ) lol

pics of the box :Clap: pmsl... I enjoyed that one mate :Cheers:

No I didnt replace the caps mate as I'm not convinced thats the problem to be honest. I am aware of the stuck in tune guide and caps replacement from when it was posted years ago as I toyed with the idea at the time but I've got the soldering skills of a chimpanzee and couldnt be ars*d cos the chnl - hold always booted it great anyway until this fookin' update and also it doesnt just get stuck on tune... it changes every now and then to nit and pat like its trying to find something or right itself so to speak.

I'm not sure what is worse at this point in time... being beat by the box or not having a box to beat ;) pmsl

my mates 3 of them are the same they bringing them over later so i can have a mess, i was going to replace the caps.
thanks

my mates 3 of them are the same they bringing them over later so i can have a mess, i was going to replace the caps.
thanks

How did you get on mate? Strange that 3 of them all went at same time along with my friends and others... this is what makes me think it isnt the caps... also the fact that this one doesnt stay stuck on tune it does often alternate to nit and pat :err:

ok sorted three now lads its just a week signal prob i pluged there boxes in my feed and updated fine.
thanks

Cheers for confirming that mate... I remember having this problem before as her signal is quite weak but usually when I plug it in to my feed the box updates fine... not this time though lol. I'll have to pop it round to my mates gaff and see if his is any stronger :)

Cheers again mate :)

Back