Pace 4001 stuck in tune boot

thecableguy12

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello guys i have recently had 2 pace 4001 stuck on tune i managed to get them to boot, first i booted into en menu changed freq to my area then it said net id found, i then waited for about 4 mins until card status says ok then yank out power lead and reboot straight away and then it booted up fine all channels, i also tried this proceedure and did not power the box up straight away and guess what??stuck on tune again, could some of you guys try this and see what happens? nice to have a cable topic again eh?

pretty much what i would expect from a 4001 with a lazy tuner, but expect the problem to reach the point where it doesn't boot like that at some time in the near future.

tbc

I was self employed for 14 years reoairing tv's and videos and anything else that came my way,then came the Pace 4001 stuck in tune problem.
2 of these boxes with this problem still remain a mystery to me. The 1st is only used for spares now, the 12v rail was short and due to the complexity of the multi-layered board and the lack of a true circuit diagram I couldn't find the fault.
The second box when compared side by side to a working box is almost identical in voltages. The only difference I have found is a xoltage reading of 2.5v coming from the cim unit of the faulty box. This voltage disappears when the cim is removed and is obviously being generated in the cim as no other voltage readings to the cim are different.
I have a feellng that the 12C bus is at fault but have no way to prove this. My instinct is telling me that the cim, which I have substituted and the tuners are working but aren't talking to the processor.The nit isn't being recognised so tune is being displayed.

Would someone else with a stuck in tune 4001 try and see if they get the same 2.5v that I get. The far end of the cim from where the 12v input is there are 2 pins that are connected that give me this reading. Got to go now I have had 3 pints and need to sleep, has took me half an hour to write this post.
Regards........Chookey

Hi all again
TWOBEERCANS said:
pretty much what i would expect from a 4001 with a lazy tuner, but expect the problem to reach the point where it doesn't boot like that at some time in the near future.

tbc
Ill vouche for that
I now have 1 thats stuck on tune
It was fine 4 a while then it started picture flickering
I made the mistake of pulling the red jumper(reset net id)
Now net id wont set
So i tried twobeercans tut
voltage was low at point B about 12v
when i removed the smd near it the votage corrected
But the voltage went down to 12v at point A
Now they are both removed and points A + B
are back as started guess i need to change the tuner
My next question is the 4000 tuner the same
as i have 1 in the attic ready to be stripped

Hi
Not exactly sure where u mean me to test
Have u got a pic unless u mean points ft2/ft3
chookey said:
I was self employed for 14 years reoairing tv's and videos and anything else that came my way,then came the Pace 4001 stuck in tune problem.
2 of these boxes with this problem still remain a mystery to me. The 1st is only used for spares now, the 12v rail was short and due to the complexity of the multi-layered board and the lack of a true circuit diagram I couldn't find the fault.
The second box when compared side by side to a working box is almost identical in voltages. The only difference I have found is a xoltage reading of 2.5v coming from the cim unit of the faulty box. This voltage disappears when the cim is removed and is obviously being generated in the cim as no other voltage readings to the cim are different.
I have a feellng that the 12C bus is at fault but have no way to prove this. My instinct is telling me that the cim, which I have substituted and the tuners are working but aren't talking to the processor.The nit isn't being recognised so tune is being displayed.

Would someone else with a stuck in tune 4001 try and see if they get the same 2.5v that I get. The far end of the cim from where the 12v input is there are 2 pins that are connected that give me this reading. Got to go now I have had 3 pints and need to sleep, has took me half an hour to write this post.
Regards........Chookey
But ill test it later and let u know

the tuners are completely different thank goodness or we'd have loads 4000's and 4010's that didn't work also lol

TWOBEERCANS said:
the tuners are completely different thank goodness or we'd have loads 4000's and 4010's that didn't work also lol
Thanx for telling me
after ive been in the loft and got it out lol
Guess that 1 has to go up there too for spares :Cheers:

Back