sammy err 00

dictap

Inactive User
Reaction score
got a sammy2100 giving err 00, had a search and it appears to be either failed battery or contacting legs somewhere, could it be any chip or a certain one, if its the battery can i swap it for one out of a pace. thanks for any replies
forgot to mention that im trying to jtag it, it does boot to ld20 but after a long while
can anyone tell me where the RAM chip is on these also plz

UPDATE managed to jtag the box but now appears to be in a boot loop, does full update, goes through boot sequence loads to ch 999 then cuts out and goes back to err 00 then does the same, any ideas. it has now booted but froze on ch 999

i seem to remember having a pace that did this and it was cured by reflowing NVRAM chip where ever it is on a sammy 2100 im not sure

Last edited:
got a sammy2100 giving err 00, had a search and it appears to be either failed battery or contacting legs somewhere, could it be any chip or a certain one, if its the battery can i swap it for one out of a pace. thanks for any replies
forgot to mention that im trying to jtag it, it does boot to ld20 but after a long while
can anyone tell me where the RAM chip is on these also plz

UPDATE managed to jtag the box but now appears to be in a boot loop, does full update, goes through boot sequence loads to ch 999 then cuts out and goes back to err 00 then does the same, any ideas. it has now booted but froze on ch 999

i seem to remember having a pace that did this and it was cured by reflowing NVRAM chip where ever it is on a sammy 2100 im not sure
try a box full reset m8 only if you have the correct bk tho

i did manage to get the bk but box just either boots to 999 then sort of cuts out, does err 00 for a bit then boot loops, or if it doesnt loop it freezes on 999. very strange one this is. have shorted battery out to clear memory also, weird how it does the full update thing each time too

ok now everytime i plug it in it does a full "channel scan" update and freezes on ch 999

anyone know which is the nvram chip to try a reflow and also could i piggy back a battery out of a pace box on it to see if battery faulty, tia

ok im feeling paranoid now, surely someone knows where the nvram chip is or if it has one or not

ok im feeling paranoid now, surely someone knows where the nvram chip is or if it has one or not
The nvram is an AT1024 which sits a little above the cardreader if memory serves me correctly. Its' an 8 pin soic device.

Are you sure it is taking a full update each time?
In my area the 2100 gives a "good" message on the the led display when the update has programmed successfully.

Your box was freezing on LD:00 originally which is a well known power supply problem. May be worth checking the capacitors or trying a replacement psu if available.

Chookey

thnx for your reply chookey, the box seems to update everytime i plug it in thats why im thinking its not holding memory, all the caps look sound on the psu

thinking about it, say 4 out of 5 times when plugging power in i get the err00 and the next time it will boot, i will remove psu and make sure all connections are sound

Last edited:
managed to gwet hold of another box, tried known working power supply in faulty box and still same, put psu out of faulty box in working box and powered up ok, psu ruled out :S

The nvram is an AT1024 which sits a little above the cardreader if memory serves me correctly. Its' an 8 pin soic device.

Are you sure it is taking a full update each time?
In my area the 2100 gives a "good" message on the the led display when the update has programmed successfully.

Your box was freezing on LD:00 originally which is a well known power supply problem. May be worth checking the capacitors or trying a replacement psu if available.

Chookey

in reply to "am i sure its taking a full update" i dont think it is, i get no "good" message at the end, and when it does go through its chan scan sequence, it always seems to start form a different place. does the 2100 always start the scan from a certain number ?

ok a slight advance on this, when chnl scan done and going through loading sequence, it hangs for 20-30 secs and the tb light starts flashing when it got to 999 with light flashing i could flick down channels with sound and picture then either freezes or reboots

ive got it booting to 511 everytime now, lasts for about 5 secs and reboots (getting pic on chnl too) so it is remembering where it last was ???

Last edited:
sounds like the main flash chip is corrupted same it is a bga format

do you know if there is a work around for that, completely new one on me, and ty for your reply ganni

had this box on tonight for a while, same reboot stuff...but came on and its been on for 2 n half hours so far, working perfect, it isnt mine so il have to turn it off at some point lol, dare i

ok this box has been working fine since last night now, not rebooted itself and working fine, however if i manually reboot it, it still updates but works fine afterwards and the err 0 has gone so time to bring this to a close me thinks .

Back