wierd pace problem

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
my mates old pace 4001 went tits up so i swapped it tonight for a working one i had, took it round, plugged it in, and no picture. the box comes up on the front lcd pace, tune etc, but nothing comes up on the tv. tried both scart sockets and still nothing, tried it with the feed in and out. weird thing is is that it will let me into the engineer menu and change things, but as soon as i reboot the box i get a blank screen. brought the box home, did it on my tv aswell, but after it let me into the engineer menu for like a second, it booted me out, then the picture returned. tried pulling the red jumper but no change? and idea coz this has got me totally puzzled?

plugged into the wall, in the eng menu, it comes up with card status unlocked, signal good. now on my box i get good to poor and i still get a solid picture. the thing is, even with the box not on a feed, they should boot upto the tune screen. ive tried it with my box and with no feed on it goes to the ntl screen. any ideas?

power the stb without card m8 and see if it reboots, i have seen the problem like this especialy in Telepest area. If it reboots than its the image on the card is wrong.

i did mate, working fine now its at mine, watching it as we speak. but when i first plugged it in it did the same. when the box was at my mates though, it let me access the eng menu, which showed the card was unlocked, and the signal strength was good. so i have no idea why i would get no picture on the box.any ideas? do you think it will be ok when i take it back, or do you think i should try another stb?

I would try it again at his house .As its a 4001 its a pure only box but you said his last one was a 4001 so i take it he's on pure as well .If its working at your house and he has a good signal there is no reason why it shouldn't work at his

which area is your m8 living and what area are u from?

i know, thats what i thought. i tested it at mine before i went aswell worked. got to his, no pic other than in eng menu, got home it was the same, then i went into eng menu and it closed it itself and went to the ntl screen. never had this issue before so i was wondering if it could be a glitch or a possible problem developing

Might just have been taking an update or something
Dash
its a 4001 so its got to be pure ntl

Back