Why do people park like idiots!!!!

Spudchops

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have got a rant for ya.

I'm a traffic warden and it really gets my goat that I have to go out and actually do some work and issue tickets. I must admit I went into this job with my eyes well and truly closed.

I honestly thought that nobody is stupid enough to park on double yellows or zigzags or in disabled bays but to my amazement people still do which meaens I actually have to work for a living (not happy about that).

Must admit though my stealth abilities are now amazing. Hiding behind post boxes and bins and lamp posts its great.

Dont even have to hide most times cos people pull up right in front of me and bugger off and then when they come back and I have booked them they say you must have been hiding round the corner so my camo clothing is amazing.

Mind you despite the selfish gits that make me book them and contrary to popular belief pay my quite large pay packet. It is quite a good job, outside in the fresh air four day week meeting lots of friendly people.

Mind you I do have trouble sleeping at night, not cos I have regrets for what I do to make a living but trying not to piss myself laughing at the shite excuses as to why they parked like they did. I must be as green as grass.

Mind you it is going to get easier with the introduction of our stealth mopeds which as correctly stated before can park illegally to book someone. I love the fact that I can now park on double yellows to penalise people for exactly that... Ohhh the irony

Anyway rant over.

:proud:

a few years ago when i used to take my little girl to the local school on my way to work, parking was always a nightmare, but i dont mind parking 2 or 3 streets away and walking, but would always drive down the school road in case there was any spaces

one morning, i see the warden slapping tickets on cars parked 200 yards from the school on a single yellow line, theres a skip outside the school gates, on the zigzags, and the traffic wardens berlings minibus thing parked up tight to it, also on the zigzags. i can see people talking and pointing at it, taking photos, so i park bumper to bumper, this vans going nowhere

the crossing woman said that zigzags are not enforced my traffic wardens, but by the actual police, i dont know if this is true or not, but someone walked round the corner (someone who had been given a ticket) to the police station, and a copper came round to see why everything was getting noisy lol

in the end, about another 20 mins later, a traffic cop appeared, someone from the traffic wardens place (manager? i dunno) and this warden got a public row from both the copper and the manager (?) i got both told off for parking on the zigzags, as well as praised for blocking him in untill the cops got there

people had their tickets cancelled, as it was proved that he parked illegally just to issue the tickets, and the same warden hasnt been seen in the village since

I have got a rant for ya.

I'm a traffic warden and it really gets my goat that I have to go out and actually do some work and issue tickets. I must admit I went into this job with my eyes well and truly closed.

I honestly thought that nobody is stupid enough to park on double yellows or zigzags or in disabled bays but to my amazement people still do which meaens I actually have to work for a living (not happy about that).

Must admit though my stealth abilities are now amazing. Hiding behind post boxes and bins and lamp posts its great.

Dont even have to hide most times cos people pull up right in front of me and bugger off and then when they come back and I have booked them they say you must have been hiding round the corner so my camo clothing is amazing.

Mind you despite the selfish gits that make me book them and contrary to popular belief pay my quite large pay packet. It is quite a good job, outside in the fresh air four day week meeting lots of friendly people.

Mind you I do have trouble sleeping at night, not cos I have regrets for what I do to make a living but trying not to piss myself laughing at the shite excuses as to why they parked like they did. I must be as green as grass.

Mind you it is going to get easier with the introduction of our stealth mopeds which as correctly stated before can park illegally to book someone. I love the fact that I can now park on double yellows to penalise people for exactly that... Ohhh the irony

Anyway rant over.

:proud:

Bit puzzled as to what your rant is tbh.
If people didn't park illegally then wouldn't you be out of a job :err:

Maybe you just wanted to inform us about your "quite large pay packet"?

Or maybe the thought of your impending company moped got you a bit tickly in the undercrackers.

Last edited:
4mins in classic [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hULCAQ1CU4]YouTube - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Traffic Warden)[/ame]

Heres one for ya, why do traffic wardens issue tickets in a permit area when you cant get a permit as it wouldnt be finacialy posible..

Like today for instance ive been and parked in 3 diferent boroughs.. to get a permit for 3 bays in each borough is just stupid.. work vehicals should be excempt..

Last edited:
Digidude

The traffic warden you saw was a bell end, he shouldnt have parked on zigzags at all. Lol, glad you blocked him in.

V14

Wasnt a real rant it was just a laugh cos everyone gripes at traffic wardens. Was being a bit tongue in cheek.

Kalip

As for permits in residential areas mate, you should be getting them from the residence you are visiting. If it is not possible then give the council a bell and Im sure they will leave you alone. Trouble is mate you cant leave one vehicle alone and the blatently book another just cos its not a van for not displaying a permit. lol

P.s

wasn't bragging about about large pay packet just making a point that we are not all mindless idiots on minimum wages. It not mind blowing wages but it aint bad for what i do.

Do apologise if offended it was supposed to be a light hearted sarcastic piss take.

Do apologise if offended it was supposed to be a light hearted sarcastic piss take.

I think it worked as a nice reponse to alom's thread tbh, and it's a valid enough question.

Why do people park like idiots, and why do BMW and Chelsea tractor drivers think that they've got some sort of God-given right to park more idiotically than the norm?

What would our cities be like without them?

Seriously, do you think we would adopt an anarchist philosophy and all empathize with each other parking our cars appropriately?

Or would people take the piss?

I think it worked as a nice reponse to alom's thread tbh, and it's a valid enough question.

Why do people park like idiots, and why do BMW and Chelsea tractor drivers think that they've got some sort of God-given right to park more idiotically than the norm?

Its more of people who dont have the confidence to drive or cant be arsed driving should be banned! I've seen people drive like pricks, not fast, but just holding up traffic because they dont know wht they are doing.

I agree with the postwriters view but onlyin the past year or so. It is a difficult job made more difficult by idiots parking where they want when they want with complete disregard for others...i would put black cab drivers in that catagory. i know they have a living to make but i would love to see the accident statistics for these drivers compared to other cars.

Oh and as a BMW driver i dont think i own the road lol, im just a confident driver who will keep moving with the traffic and not hold anyone up. Do agree tho, some people with big cars shouldnt have them because they have no idea how to control them.

Back