Who will be first?

I know that mate - already done it.

I mean how do we get the au fixed. Is it in the nagraromXX.bin files files (I ask because these were re-released last time to get it working I think?).

If it is then how do we edit these to try and get the au fixed? Is it nagra edit?

You're barking up the wrong tree mate..............it's a highly complex fix and one which you will need to wait patiently for........If someone ever fixes it.

I'm happy to wait... but also wouldn't mind learning a thing or two on the way.

Do you think you could let me know what needs to be looked at (i.e. where the code for au is)?

I am sure I won't be able to help in any way but would still like to give it a shot.

I know that mate - already done it.

I mean how do we get the au fixed. Is it in the nagraromXX.bin files files (I ask because these were re-released last time to get it working I think?).

If it is then how do we edit these to try and get the au fixed? Is it nagra edit?

To fix the AU, you have to patch the nagraromXX.bin. This 'hit' is just like the one last March - I just figured out what its doing myself, and then found someone else had posted it in the main cable section.

You can get the evocamd to dump the emu's pretty easily, and from there you can disassemble the code in EMU Studio. Using that you can figure how how to mod the .bin file - thats where I am stuck - would love to patch the BIN, but I don't know how to.

I tried to do it last March following Coolguy121's posts, but someone else beat me to it! I think this hit is doing the same as last time and using some interrupt setting and jumps to fool the emulator - to fix it, I believe you need to recognise the emu, jump to some free space, run the code to fix the key and then jump back to the address the emu would have jumped to when it completed.

If someone who knows the tools and their way around this stuff wants to start a thread and go through this stuff a step at a time, I am more than willing to learn!

edit: I did search for coolguys posts to try and go through the stuff again, but I couldn't find them - I think they have been deleted!

thats probably just what virgin is wanting, a quick fix to learn how to combat the problem
to be honest what does it take ,less than 5 mins to update the box manually. all had to do it before and we will have to do it again . sit back and be thankful that they havent gone completely off . were all on borrowed time with them

I'm happy to wait... but also wouldn't mind learning a thing or two on the way.

Do you think you could let me know what needs to be looked at (i.e. where the code for au is)?

I am sure I won't be able to help in any way but would still like to give it a shot.

This area is far too complex for an RC draffy like me to get involved in mate !!

All the best

Hi Guys,

Helpful information from eveyone as ever! I have to admit that I am not a massive contributor to the forums but always pay my subscription to help towards things. I am greatly appreciative of all the work the dev guys do and hate to been seen as a leecher.

I hope that the developers realise how much they are appreciated by the majority of us as their work is pretty neat and without it we would all be worse off!!!

Cheers

Hi Guys,

Helpful information from eveyone as ever! I have to admit that I am not a massive contributor to the forums but always pay my subscription to help towards things. I am greatly appreciative of all the work the dev guys do and hate to been seen as a leecher.

I hope that the developers realise how much they are appreciated by the majority of us as their work is pretty neat and without it we would all be worse off!!!

Cheers

Well said mate.........contribute what you can when you can.......but don't be annonymous !

All the best

Cheers Rodboy. I will always do my best to help anyone as that is how this system keeps going.

I find I end up supporting most of my friends after introducing them to the benefits of the dbox!!

I can tottely understand how u get piised off with new peeps only wanting to fix n go. Ihavent been here long low post count but i enjoy reading these forums,Fixed my *view in 5 mins by reading up gonna sort out the dbox tomoz.any way i can help towards helping others i will :). I hear Virgin isgonna be as hard as a sky box to do soon.

To be honest, I and probably several others have had this fixed since yesterday.

It's not a difficult fix - find the correct value to xor A with and load it into X. Hint: it's at $83.

But the point I want to make is this: if someone had posted the fix within one day the last time then I would have never got off my arse and learned how to do it myself.

So I will wait a few days before releasing it. Hopefully someone will beat me to it and it may inspire a few to try something new.

Cheers.

To be honest, I and probably several others have had this fixed since yesterday.

It's not a difficult fix - find the correct value to xor A with and load it into X. Hint: it's at $83.

But the point I want to make is this: if someone had posted the fix within one day the last time then I would have never got off my arse and learned how to do it myself.

So I will wait a few days before releasing it. Hopefully someone will beat me to it and it may inspire a few to try something new.

Cheers.

Not every1 is as bright as others........
My dad has had dbox for years
, and still dont even know how to flash it lol..

As for fix n go leechers...i just dont get it !!
This forum has a LOT of other topics apart from Dboxes. It is sooo easy to
get involved with other stuff all year round and not just when things go wrong !!!

Cheers.
There are a lot of people here who are very technically minded and also spend a lot of time here trying to help others out with myriad problems.

Right now, there is nothing on DW that explains how these things work, so it would be great if people who do understand how it works took the time to illustrate it to others.

You never know, one of those infrequent visitors may come up with an interesting soloution.

my beef is that people's first reaction is to just POST before doing the slightesty bit of looking around to help themselfs. how many duplicated threads have popped up across ALL the boards saying the same thing, spamming loads of different sections.

maybe i'm just a misery guts!!

maybe i'm just a misery guts!!

Nope, just someone who gets pissed off at people who clearly do not understand the netiquette of forums....e.g. use Search and check each forum in turn.

There are people who are newbies who don't understand this and everyone does have to learn but can still get up experienced users noses very easily!

I'm no super poster but i do come on here almost every day to read what's going on & if possible help someone out.

Once my box went off yesterday i sat here like a sad git watching all these newbies invade the place with their posts & alot of them made me chuckle, the panic people get into :Laugh:

If i had any idea how to go about sorting the current problem i would do but i have no idea where to start so i'll leave that to the experts & hopefully at some point they'll be good enough to share the info with us until then i'll just sit patiently & laugh at the pandemonium.

But that said & as entertaining as i find the place, i'm sick of watching naffing freeview!!!!!!!!!!:Angryfire

I agree with cydine the fix in march this year was not released for a week, n that alone has provoked him to research put his tallent to good use and get a fix maybe, well i just hope he feels generous enough to share with us all when he feels fit to.....amazing work cydine your contribution with this keeps the dbox scene alive, i am and a few others are very greatful for your time effort and willinness to help others is second to none......i dont post here much but i do at other places so does that make me a leecher lol ......

I'm no super poster but i do come on here almost every day to read what's going on & if possible help someone out.

Once my box went off yesterday i sat here like a sad git watching all these newbies invade the place with their posts & alot of them made me chuckle, the panic people get into

I never noticed until late last night that the boxes had gone off - at first I put it down to the new image I'd put on the day before but realised pretty quickly it was that time again!!!!
Paid a quick visit to DW and confirmed that I was right. It is a shame there is a huge influx of people that you never hear from (or just miraculously join) at times like these - but i suppose we all have to start somewhere. You can only hope that some of them go on to contribute on a regular basis.

:drink:

Back