Who will be first?

Cheers that would be a help :)

To be fair i'm not too bothered for watching anything until Saturday & Sunday when the footy is on.

I know I don't post too much any more - just had a daughter so don't get much time. But I'd hate to be thought of as a leecher, I contribute when I can.
I totally understand cydine not releasing the fix. I'd love to know how to do it myself but wouldn't know where to start. If anybody could post the apps needed to do it and a few general pointers, I would like to learn

for me its not the manually enterin the keys thats the problem...its the wait while keymaster updates the C&W keys lol ( always friggin last)

wrote as i checked for the latest..to my surprise,still not there lol

for me its not the manually enterin the keys thats the problem...its the wait while keymaster updates the C&W keys lol ( always friggin last)

wrote as i checked for the latest..to my surprise,still not there lol

I agree ex c&w always takes hours to update,wish i knew how to get them myself.Might do some rootin around to try and find out how to read the new key.

Just to correct one small error: the last hit was on Black Tuesday, 8th April. Cydine fixed all 3 roms (10 and 11 having been non-working for yonks) and graciously shared his genius work by releasing on Saturday 12th April.

That's half a week, not one week- as stated higher up! Cheers- and megathanks again to Cydine- AL :)

I for one appreciate all the input from the guys that can decipher the code.

I can do better with the moscs's etc and playing about with tit2 just now trying to sort something from the opus one.

I for one would like to understand how to fix the dbox myself but would need a lot of help!

Best of it is i never even watch the bloody thing but keeps the old folks happy at their house lol

Just to correct one small error: the last hit was on Black Tuesday, 8th April. Cydine fixed all 3 roms (10 and 11 having been non-working for yonks) and graciously shared his genius work by releasing on Saturday 12th April.

That's half a week, not one week- as stated higher up! Cheers- and megathanks again to Cydine- AL :)

Here, here........megathanks from me too to cydine !!

@AL, I like the 'veteran flasher' bit under your name.......where did that gem come from ????....pmsl.

There are so many points to look at here.

So it is said that the info on these forums was presented to all to stop traders from profiting from it. That was a very noble notion, and one that I agree with, but since the dbox it has made it extreamily easy for anyone to become a trader, and that is a bad thing. I even had a leaflet with Word Art and all posted through my door by some scally no doubt selling these magic cable boxes and that made me sick.

I think hits like this are a good thing, as much as a pain it is for us non trading hobbyists. It stops people trading as they think it isn't worth the hastle, it gets less people using them and subscribing to packages, which makes the company happy.

Lets face it, the scene has gotten out of control and has been ruined by the kind of cockroches that sell the latest images on ebay for a couple of quid and childlike minded souls who take The Cable Guy film a little too seriously.

I took it on myself to learn about moding boxes and cards and then the dbox and consoles etc etc all because of this forum. I enjoy the challenge as much as the rewards, but I am not as techy minded as some of members on here who can figure out how to do things like making a new image or fixing a ROM emu.

Why should they release it to people like me ? On one hand, I want it, but on the other, if I can get hold of it then that would mean the traders and letchers can get hold of it, and you're back the square one.

I think the scene needs a cleansing and if that means people like me have to grin and bare it, then so be it. I am always willing to learn new things, but sometimes I just have to admit that it's just a little too much for me to take in...

my beef is that people's first reaction is to just POST before doing the slightesty bit of looking around to help themselfs. how many duplicated threads have popped up across ALL the boards saying the same thing, spamming loads of different sections.

maybe i'm just a misery guts!!
I agree, there is so much more going on here. It makes me rather cynical to see so many people swamp the boards.

I agree, there is so much more going on here. It makes me rather cynical to see so many people swamp the boards.

On a positive note it looks as though the prats that post before reading are in the minority. There were over 7000 users online last night (almost double the record set in April), thankfully they didn't all post the same repetitive requests.

how about havin another password protected elite forum , just for people over 500 or even 1000 posts.
that forum could be used for knowledge, then info passed to the regular forum as and when the "elites" want to ??
Could this work ?

i've had phone calls off two people after 10pm last nite that i dont even know to sort their boxes out with not even a please and wouldn't say where they got my number?
I willingly try and sort mates boxes out but i think its time for a new phone number

i've had phone calls off two people after 10pm last nite that i dont even know to sort their boxes out with not even a please and wouldn't say where they got my number?
I willingly try and sort mates boxes out but i think its time for a new phone number

must be your mates thats passed your number on to these chancers,great eh.

On a positive note it looks as though the prats that post before reading are in the minority. There were over 7000 users online last night (almost double the record set in April), thankfully they didn't all post the same repetitive requests.
true, I think there was also a record amount of guests as well last night.

@chrispeters, I think we need to be promoting community, not elitism.

must be your mates thats passed your number on to these chancers,great eh.

mmmmmmmmm never thought of that...... Its funny how you become somebodys best mate again with people you aint seen for months and months.

I'm sure most of us dont mind people who are either genuinely inept when it comes to techie things or the ones who are willing to try and sort their own boxes and had a go are stuck. its the lazy greedy gits that wind me up, they just want it all for nowt!

Anyone phoning me at 10 at night because they can't watch all their TV channels would get a four letter reponse.

After the April roll, my parents didn't bother to ask me about their box until the middle of June. If TV is so important to you that you would phone strangers late at night about it then you must be very sad.

There are a lot of people here who are very technically minded and also spend a lot of time here trying to help others out with myriad problems.

Right now, there is nothing on DW that explains how these things work, so it would be great if people who do understand how it works took the time to illustrate it to others.

You never know, one of those infrequent visitors may come up with an interesting soloution.

There were actually several quite detailed posts on here at one point which I learned from.

Unfortunately they were all lost when the cable forums were purged.

I may write something up at some point. Don't know about posting it on here thought. That may just be bending the rules a little too much.

hey mate,

Do you think you could please pm me :) on what software I need to use. I really want to learn a bit more but finding it hard to get information -- my google skills haven't turned up much unfortunately.

I want to help but finding it difficult to get the information to do so.

Cheers

Back