which cable to use

Richy-G

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have recently moved house and the only place I can put my dish/motor is on a wall near bottom of back yard, I have measured roughly and I feel 50 meters of cable should do it as it needs to go over the roof and down the front of the house. What type of cable do you guys recommend I get for this length? and where is cheapest place online to get it from, thanks

Anything over 30m and you need to use decent quality cable WF100,TX100 etc.. over 50m then WF125 , Also consider if its in the back yard will the cable be buried if so you need to look at WF100 Underground but it aint cheap.

Also just a thought have you thought about sending the cable through the loft to maybe cut down a few meters length or maybe around a wall under through cellar perhaps if you have one. If not for that kind of cable run lengh dont use cheap RG6 use a CAI/RDI approved product to minimise loss.

Webro WF100 is the only cable I use but that tends to be for runs under 40m. If you are worried about loss over 50m then consider WF125, however it is a bit thicker so needs special F-connectors. Avoid RG6 as it's not good for longer lengths.

An equalised gain slope LNB amplifier may help to compensate for the long cable length but try without first. It may cause more problems than it fixes so use as a last resort.

Edit: Aargh, digi247 beat me to it. Must type faster...

Last edited:
to be fair, for the sake of £5-10 extra on 50m of WF100, is it really worth using RG6.

Yeh I wasn't planning on going with RG6 I was just curious.

I will prob go with wf100 and go with digi's suggestion of through the loft that should cut the length down a bit

Back