Which beginner box?

john18715

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a box for a friend who hasn't had one before. I'm obviously thinking either eurovox or starview. However, I am a bit put off by reading about widescreen issues on some of the boxes. I, myself, use a 500c but would rather not go down the road of telling him he'll need a signal booster and attentuators etc.

Which of these "noob-friendly" boxes are the best for true 16:9 and also tuner sensitivity?

Cheers.

then I would say the next best thing is the Krypview box

once setup it looks after itself
crash's have been reported but a quick reboot solves this so no real hardship ?

box sorts channel order same as cable provider and also sorts new added challes into provider place,and also has a bouquet function

if its just tv he is wanting Im sure this box will do dont expect fireworks but hey it works

there are Irish images so would imagine good although I cant confirm that

the 7 day EPG dosent work for Ireland though

there are Irish images so would imagine good although I cant confirm that

the 7 day EPG dosent work for Ireland though

you can confirm it doesnt work?you have me a bit confused there mate,i take it the 7 day epg doesnt work?

if he can spare £130 deffo get a eurovox 500 pvr plug and play with a 80gb harddrive easy peasy 5 mins to scan channels in

i woud say get a pvr 5000 as well dead easy to set up...jus slot the h/d in...if you get one with it i would.. 129.99 is a steal for A great box.. then do a scan and everything is sorted...auto sort all the favorites and all...... well i like it.!!!

seems ebay are changing there policy in the next few days where you cant sell eurovoxs anymore

do u mean a box like "YES MY NEW T>V IS IN THIS BOX!!" box???? or am i just stupid and missed something?????

Back